Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 3,401 to 3,420 of 5,084

LzWinky

DefHalan wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Squid wrote:

I'd say that those of us who are getting both versions have the advantage, but then again everyone else isn't paying $100 for roughly the same game twice.

That's my problem right now. I would like to get both versions but I can't justify paying for the same game twice.

it's not the same game, though. 3DS has Smash Run, portability and 3D, while the Wii U will likely have some other new mode and a stage builder. Not to mention they have different stages between them.

Plus if you buy both and register them on Club Nintendo you get the soundtrack... maybe that is only an NA deal

Geez, I was thinking about only getting the 3DS version...now I have to get both

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Retro_on_theGo

WaLzgi wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Squid wrote:

I'd say that those of us who are getting both versions have the advantage, but then again everyone else isn't paying $100 for roughly the same game twice.

That's my problem right now. I would like to get both versions but I can't justify paying for the same game twice.

it's not the same game, though. 3DS has Smash Run, portability and 3D, while the Wii U will likely have some other new mode and a stage builder. Not to mention they have different stages between them.

Plus if you buy both and register them on Club Nintendo you get the soundtrack... maybe that is only an NA deal

Geez, I was thinking about only getting the 3DS version...now I have to get both

Same boat

CapeSmash

Why can't people just buy 1 version and get the other one later down the line? Also the "they're both the same game" statement is stupid. GAMEPLAY wise, yes, they are the same games. But they're not. Each version has their own unique stages, features, modes, music, graphics, etc. Going by that logic, New Super Mario Bros. Wii is the same game as New Super Mario Bros. U because the gameplay is the same.

The 3DS version has advantages over the Wii U version, and the Wii U version has advantages over the 3DS version. Just get both. Each offer their own unique experience, plus, buying both and registering them on Club Nintendo gets you the incredible soundtrack.

Like I said, if you can't get both versions, just get 1 version then later down the line get the 2nd version.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Tasuki

SockoMario wrote:

Why can't people just buy 1 version and get the other one later down the line? Also the "they're both the same game" statement is stupid. GAMEPLAY wise, yes, they are the same games. But they're not. Each version has their own unique stages, features, modes, music, graphics, etc. Going by that logic, New Super Mario Bros. Wii is the same game as New Super Mario Bros. U because the gameplay is the same.

The 3DS version has advantages over the Wii U version, and the Wii U version has advantages over the 3DS version. Just get both. Each offer their own unique experience, plus, buying both and registering them on Club Nintendo gets you the incredible soundtrack.

Like I said, if you can't get both versions, just get 1 version then later down the line get the 2nd version.

Might be easy for you but for of those that have more important things to pay for, buying two versions doesn't make sense. I rather buy one version of the game then take that money and buy another game I don't have.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

LzWinky

I want that CD. That's why

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

MasterWario

NintyMan wrote:

Personally, I have no problem playing this game on the original 3DS. Different strokes for different folks, I think the old saying goes.

Same. I might miss a few smash attacks here and there, but it doesn't hurt my thumbs at all, even with my smallest 3ds.

If you can only get one version I'd get the Wii U version. If you don't have a Wii U I'd get the 3ds version. Seems simple enough to me.

I personally would rather have both forms of Smash than Smash and Hyrule Warriors (after the review), so since I was going to get Hyrule Warriors I've decided to get both versions of Smash instead. I'll save a few bucks from that too ^_^

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Tasuki

WaLzgi wrote:

That is a tempting offer but I am sure I can find the music somewhere else.

My Backlog

CapeSmash

Tasuki wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Might be easy for you but for of those that have more important things to pay for, buying two versions doesn't make sense. I rather buy one version of the game then take that money and buy another game I don't have.

Why not wait until the price drops or to see if someone is selling one of the versions super cheap online? Again, they're not the same game, and it does make sense to buy both. But... if you really just want 1 version... it comes to preference, really.

If you're the type of person who prefers to game on the go and just likes pick up and play experiences, the 3DS version is for you. However, if you want tighter controls and want to play on a big HD TV, the Wii U version is for you.

You decide what you want to get.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Tasuki

SockoMario wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Why not wait until the price drops or to see if someone is selling one of the versions super cheap online? Again, they're not the same game, and it does make sense to buy both. But... if you really just want 1 version... it comes to preference, really.

If you're the type of person who prefers to game on the go and just likes pick up and play experiences, the 3DS version is for you. However, if you want tighter controls and want to play on a big HD TV, the Wii U version is for you.

You decide what you want to get.

Also it will be easier to play the Wii U with more people since none of my friends have a 3DS and I do have multiple Gamecube controllers .

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

LzWinky

Tasuki wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Yes well, I recently took an intrigue in displaying all my collectibles

Tasuki

WaLzgi wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Yes well, I recently took an intrigue in displaying all my collectibles

True got a point there.

My Backlog

Nintendo6400

13 days left. I wish it was out now. For US.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Undead_terror

Nintendo6400 wrote:

How about everywhere so everyone can enjoy it...hm? =w=

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

NintendoFan64

Undead_terror wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Soon...oh so very soon... I can almost taste it.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Gridatttack

I dont see why people say buying both versions doesnt make sense.

You obviously dont have far away friends that you can only meet them in something like university.

And the online thing is moot, not everyone has a fast connection to play lagless

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

Nintendo6400

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

I thought it came out for everyone else on Oct 3rd as well as the US.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Undead_terror

Nintendo6400 wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

I thought it came out for everyone else on Oct 3rd as well as the US.

It does but to have it come out now only for the US, everywhere else wants it now as well....or did you mean us as in everyone?

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

LordSpade

I've been playing more with Megs, and I think I already got used to the control scheme, my only complain is that doing up-tilts is pretty hard with the circle pad, and I personally think that it would be better to shield with L and grab with R, since Z was in the right side of the Game cube controller, but well, I already got used to grab with R+A, so it doesn't annoy me that much.

LordSpade

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.