Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 3,381 to 3,400 of 5,084

SkywardLink98

Forgive me if I've asked this before, but will this game feature download play? I dislike the idea of having to purchase multiple copies for multiplayer when I'd only need to buy one on the Wii U.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Arminillo

SockoMario wrote:

I'm sick of people saying this about Mega Man.
Neutral attack - Shoots pellets
Side tilt - Shoots pellets
Down tilt - Slide move
Up tilt - Mega Upper

Side smash - Charge shot
Up smash - Spark shot
Down smash - Flame blast

Neutral air - Shoots pellets
Forward air - Flame sword
Back air - Slash claw
Down air - Hard knuckle

B - Metal Blade
Side B - Crash Bomber
Down B - Leaf shield
Up B - Rush coil

I just memorized every single one of Mega Man's moves off the top of my head. He isn't confusing or hard to use. In fact, when I first got the demo I chose Mega Man and he felt and played like any other character. I don't get what people are talking about when they say he's weird/hard to play...

P.S I hope that moveset list makes it easier to play as him for you.

His forward tilt is a tornado move, his up air is the tornado that goes up off screen

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

C-Olimar

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Forgive me if I've asked this before, but will this game feature download play? I dislike the idea of having to purchase multiple copies for multiplayer when I'd only need to buy one on the Wii U.

Nope.
Sakurai said Kid Icarus was too big for download play, so I guess it's the same reason for Smash.

C-Olimar

LzWinky

There is no way that download play can work. The 3DS is pushed to its limits playing the game already

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SkywardLink98

WaLzgi wrote:

There is no way that download play can work. The 3DS is pushed to its limits playing the game already

Okay, thanks for the quick response. I'll probably be passing on this then.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

LzWinky

The answer is no anyway, but I'm not worried about it

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

KO-Cub

Suicune wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Down tilt - Slide move
Up tilt - Mega Upper

Side smash - Charge shot
Up smash - Spark shot
Down smash - Flame blast

Back air - Slash claw
Down air - Hard knuckle

B - Metal Blade
Side B - Crash Bomber
Down B - Leaf shield
Up B - Rush coil

I just memorized every single one of Mega Man's moves off the top of my head. He isn't confusing or hard to use. In fact, when I first got the demo I chose Mega Man and he felt and played like any other character. I don't get what people are talking about when they say he's weird/hard to play...

His forward tilt is a tornado move, his up air is the tornado that goes up off screen

Dash attack is the Tornado move.
Megaman is one of a kind in Smash Bros and people find it weird because everyone is used to a side strong attack not being the same as the neutral. Up-Strong feels weird because he moves entirely, also moving his hit box and taking a while for him to get back into place. Down-Strong moves Megaman completely. Most his moves are projectiles. Neutral-Air is the same as the Neutral on ground but when tilting and attacking in the air, he uses his Flame Sword or Flurry of Slashes instead of his "LEMONS" like his tilts on the ground. So don't go saying stuff like that just because you got used to him in one match. Congrats, but no one cares.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

CapeSmash

Suicune wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Down tilt - Slide move
Up tilt - Mega Upper

Side smash - Charge shot
Up smash - Spark shot
Down smash - Flame blast

Back air - Slash claw
Down air - Hard knuckle

B - Metal Blade
Side B - Crash Bomber
Down B - Leaf shield
Up B - Rush coil

Whoops... forgot those moves!

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Undead_terror

WaLzgi wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Didn't see the "passing off fake leaks as real" rule. https://www.nintendolife.com/rules

You better watch yourself...or else...

Untitled

NICOLAS CAGE WILL CONSUME US ALL!!!!
Untitled

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

CapeSmash

So many people are disappointed!

Untitled

But more sales for the Wii U version I guess?

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Olliemar28

I think people should at least give the full game a try - Nintendo was quite silly to not allow players to remap the buttons on the demo. When I started, I still had the Gamecube layout in mind when playing, so I would press A and X for jumping, B for normal attack and Y for special attack. It took a while, but I'm used to the difference now. As for the clarity of the attacks on screen, this hasn't been a problem for me.

Give the full game a go - if you don't like it, trade it for the Wii U version.

Olliemar28

Twitter:

Whydoievenbother

SockoMario wrote:

So many people are disappointed!

Untitled

But more sales for the Wii U version I guess?

The hate is because if Smash Bros. isn't perfect, EVERYONE HATES IT!!!!!! But if the Wii U version is the worst game ever, EVERYONE WILL LOVE IT ANYWAY!!!!

Edited on by Whydoievenbother

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

LzWinky

Well, either way Nintendo wins no matter which version we get

Tasuki

WaLzgi wrote:

I am still unsure what version to get. On the one hand I want to get the Wii U version so I can play with my friends on the big screen and try out the Gamecube controllers. ON the other hand I want to play the game NOW, lol.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

Squid wrote:

I'd say that those of us who are getting both versions have the advantage, but then again everyone else isn't paying $100 for roughly the same game twice.

That's my problem right now. I would like to get both versions but I can't justify paying for the same game twice.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

TeeJay

Tasuki wrote:

Squid wrote:

I'd say that those of us who are getting both versions have the advantage, but then again everyone else isn't paying $100 for roughly the same game twice.

That's my problem right now. I would like to get both versions but I can't justify paying for the same game twice.

it's not the same game, though. 3DS has Smash Run, portability and 3D, while the Wii U will likely have some other new mode and a stage builder. Not to mention they have different stages between them.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

DefHalan

TeeJay wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Squid wrote:

it's not the same game, though. 3DS has Smash Run, portability and 3D, while the Wii U will likely have some other new mode and a stage builder. Not to mention they have different stages between them.

Plus if you buy both and register them on Club Nintendo you get the soundtrack... maybe that is only an NA deal

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

NintendoFan64

WaLzgi wrote:

True.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.