N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

19Robb92

Squid wrote:

One thing I'm impressed by is how he feels like he does in his original games. Maybe it's just his retro-styled animations but when I play as him it almost feels like I'm playing an original Mega Man game.

Yeah, I LOVE that!

There's so much detail put in to MegaMan its crazy. Even getting knocked out when playing him is enjoyable.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Eel

SockoMario wrote:

OMG NEW LEAK AND IT'S REAL!!!

Untitled

SO HYPED

Passing convincing fakes as real leaks is ban-able in these forums so that better be real!

Edit: ok telling the truth also works.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CapeSmash

The "leak" is fake. It's just their trophies slapped on the CSS.

Smash Mains:

Inkling

SockoMario wrote:

Untitled

SO HYPED

LOL what? So fake

Edited on by Inkling

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

CapeSmash

Morphbug wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Untitled

SO HYPED

Passing convincing fakes as real leaks is ban-able in these forums so that better be real!

Wu-wut? Shoot, I'll put /sarcasm at the end. :3

Smash Mains:

CapeSmash

Didn't see the "passing off fake leaks as real" rule. https://www.nintendolife.com/rules

Smash Mains:

CapeSmash

Morphbug wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Didn't see the "passing off fake leaks as real" rule. https://www.nintendolife.com/rules

Questioning the unwritten rules is ban-able too :V

Guess I'll be getting the ban hammer soon.

Smash Mains:

Inkling

SockoMario wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Questioning the unwritten rules is ban-able too :V

Guess I'll be getting the ban hammer soon.

DON'T LEAVE US

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Kewlan

Ugh, I'm kind of pissed at this game. I really dislike how slow and bad the controls are. At least I can fix the button mapping in the full version. I don't like how the game limits you in certain ways, like not being able to side and down smash directly after running etc. I also don't like how you can fall faster by holding down, as it ruins my timing for down attacks.
Also, I hate the Circle Pad for this. It makes me do the wrong moves sometimes...

Sigh, I don't know how to express myself... I'm a bit disappointed, because I hoped the controls would be excellent but they're quite annoying. Maybe I'm just playing the wrong character?

By the way, my 2nd jump keeps disappearing when I'm playing in the air. I'm not sure why this happens..?

Edited on by Kewlan

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

adamkop

@Kewlan
Did you play Melee ? If you pressed down while in air, you pretty much dropped like a rock. Brawl was floaty as hell. This is perfection.

adamkop

Kewlan

I mean I don't want that function it all, so fall speed is always the same so you can time your down air attacks better. But I guess that would make it easier for the opponent to juggle you too, so I don't know...

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

MegaStoneSmash91

Kewlan wrote:

Ugh, I'm kind of pissed at this game. I really dislike how slow and bad the controls are. At least I can fix the button mapping in the full version. I don't like how the game limits you in certain ways, like not being able to side and down smash directly after running etc. I also don't like how you can fall faster by holding down, as it ruins my timing for down attacks.
Also, I hate the Circle Pad for this. It makes me do the wrong moves sometimes...

Sigh, I don't know how to express myself... I'm a bit disappointed, because I hoped the controls would be excellent but they're quite annoying. Maybe I'm just playing the wrong character?

By the way, my 2nd jump keeps disappearing when I'm playing in the air. I'm not sure why this happens..?

Not sure what to tell you. I got used to the controls pretty fast. I will admit that everything does seem kind of cramped what with it being a handheld and all. That aspect doesn't really bother me unless I've been doing some extended play sessions. Fast Falling has always been in Smash, so that can't really be blamed on the controls. As for everything else, you may just need to play it longer. I've been playing the demo for a week now, and I make very few control-related mistakes compared to when I first started. I've grown comfortable with it after spending more time playing, and you might too.

As for losing your mid-air jump, it's most likely when you accidently tap the Circle Pad up when trying to attack. You can jump and then quickly use your up air attack without really noticing the jump. Tapping up to jump can be turned off in the full game, so that might not be an issue anymore.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Ufaowl

My hype is killed. I expected so much from this game. I was going to buy it at a launch day. But, thanx for the demo, I won't waste my money on it. Controls are the main reason. Also very few diferences among the characters. Every next one feels almost like the previous. I don't get it. Half price may be, but defenitely not full price.

Ufaowl

3DS Friend Code: 2895-8740-3220

May_Nyan

I can't figure out how to use the Fairy Bottle item, I keep throwing it.

Also, I've been wondering if anyone has seen Mushroomy Kingdom 1-2 in this game.

May_Nyan

Kewlan

I think I won't buy the 3DS version, I might just wait for the Wii U version instead. I agree with you @Galenmereth. When it zooms out I have to put my face so close to the handheld that my neck almost snaps off...
It also seems like I wasn't the only one who disliked the controls. What were you problems, @Ufaowl? I also thought every character was different.

@May_Nyan You can only use it when you're above 100%.

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

The_Ninja

The only problem I had in the demo is doing up-tilts. God, those are hard to do. I always do a smash attack instead of that. Funny thing is, when I try down smashing, I keep down tilting.
But that was controls. The 30fps AT's are still kinda annoying to me, I hope the New 3DS makes them run at 60fps too. I also was dissapointed by the lack of real time shadows, instead of just big black circles. When I look at the victory screens and see those shadows, I wish that they were there during battles too.

But after looking at videos with outlines off, the game looks ALOT better than brawl, and similar but worse to Wii U. Especially on the victory screens.

(Also, if you tap the circle pad up en press L softly, you can do an quick up smash.)

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.