Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 3,321 to 3,340 of 5,084

Jazzer94

Adam wrote:

I know. I just mean that the 3DS does not feel like a good controller for Smashing. Not horrible, just awkward in some way I can't explain.

I agree though I've gotten used to it it still not up to a standard controller.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Grumblevolcano

I don't know whether this has been talked about but the 5 hour GameXplain Smash 3DS stream a few days ago confirmed that online is Brawl kind of bad outside of 1v1 For Glory.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

UGXwolf

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I don't know whether this has been talked about but the 5 hour GameXplain Smash 3DS stream a few days ago confirmed that online is Brawl kind of bad outside of 1v1 For Glory.

Kinda doesn't surprise me, as I've even been getting lag on local play. That said, the Wii U version has the opportunity to be much, much better online.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Uncle_Franklin

The throwing feels a little easier to me in this version.

Uncle_Franklin

DreamyViridi

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Didn't they say in one of their videos that the reason for the lag may be because they're playing a Japanese 3DS in America which could cause problems for the Jap Servers? Besides, I've seen videos showing near-perfect uninterrupted matches. It probably depends on certain things.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Captain-N

Jazzer94 wrote:

Adam wrote:

I know. I just mean that the 3DS does not feel like a good controller for Smashing. Not horrible, just awkward in some way I can't explain.

I agree though I've gotten used to it it still not up to a standard controller.

Yeah, it feels awkward. Also, I can't always see who the assist trophy is, or what's going on in the time I've spent w/ the demo. If I were to just guess off the top of my head right now, I'd say the issue is that the 3ds resembles a SNes, control-wise: d-pad, diamond styled 4 face buttons, 2 shoulder buttons. I'm just use to playing Smash w/ a cube controller, but just like the Wiimote for MK8, I am going to challenge myself, & play it enough, to get the hang of it, perhaps even proficiently. Same thing for the WU GP. Also, it's a good idea to get proficient at the different control schemes, so when you're playing the WU ver. locally w/ a friend, you can still play at, or near the same skill level you play at using your preferred (control) style. This is actually why I started trying to get good using the Wiimote in MK8; that, & I wanted to make use of all the included goodies in the MK8 WU buncle.

Captain-N

Grumblevolcano

DreamyViridi wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Didn't they say in one of their videos that the reason for the lag may be because they're playing a Japanese 3DS in America which could cause problems for the Jap Servers? Besides, I've seen videos showing near-perfect uninterrupted matches. It probably depends on certain things.

Yes they have, of course we'll see for ourselves the online in 2 weeks.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Kewlan

I gotta say, the demo is kinda ruined for me because of the controls. I can't play more than a few matches without my thumb hurting and being so not used to the controls. They should have AT LEAST included the options.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

LzWinky

Punished_Boss wrote:

Drooling yet?

Is it just me or does the announcer have an Australian accent?

Also, say "Mario" right you dang British >:[

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

They do know the codes expire/expired today, right?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Inkling

THE CODE THREAD IS DEAD!

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Inkling

WaLzgi wrote:

Punished_Boss wrote:

Drooling yet?

Is it just me or does the announcer have an Australian accent?

Also, say "Mario" right you dang British >:[

That's how we say it.

Ma-Re-O

Get it right Americans

Edited on by Inkling

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Punished_Boss_84

WaLzgi wrote:

No you have to speak in their language to get the message through to them, how do we translate codes?

This is how you say "Mario."

Edited on by Punished_Boss_84

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

Jazzer94

WaLzgi wrote:

Which makes them super rare now and even more desirable.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Tasuki

Jazzer94 wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Which makes them super rare now and even more desirable.

Ok why would anyone want a code they can't use???

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

TeeJay

Kewlan wrote:

I gotta say, the demo is kinda ruined for me because of the controls. I can't play more than a few matches without my thumb hurting and being so not used to the controls. They should have AT LEAST included the options.

How the heck are you playing that your thumb hurts like that I don't understand

Do you have giant monster hands and have to play using the middle joint of your thumb or something?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

RR529

Been playing the demo, and my goodness it's fun.

The single stick controls aren't bothering me at all since I've spent most of my time playing Smash 64 & using the Wiimote Nunchuck combo on Brawl, and I had no problem on my OG 3DS, so the screen size isn't a problem.

I'd say my favorite characters right now are Mario & Mega Man.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.