Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 2,941 to 2,960 of 5,084

DreamyViridi

NintyMan wrote:

Some people's 3DS circle pads in Japan are being destroyed when playing Smash Bros. 3DS. It's mostly original 3DS models, but some XLs have been having issues too.

Warning: graphic 3DS image.
http://nintendoeverything.com/wp-content/uploads/qfkp6fzyxmf5...

As an original 3DS owner, this might be just a tad concerning, although I haven't had any problems playing the demo.

http://nintendoeverything.com/smash-bros-causing-some-players...

Ugh, gods; the horror. This is why I sent my 3DS in for repairs, due to the Circle Pad acting a bit off! I hope mine can take the pressure. If it can handle countless KI:U online matches; it'll handle Smash.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Shirma_Akayaku

DreamyViridi wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Some people's 3DS circle pads in Japan are being destroyed when playing Smash Bros. 3DS. It's mostly original 3DS models, but some XLs have been having issues too.

As an original 3DS owner, this might be just a tad concerning, although I haven't had any problems playing the demo.

Ugh, gods; the horror. This is why I sent my 3DS in for repairs, due to the Circle Pad acting a bit off! I hope mine can take the pressure. If it can handle countless KI:U online matches; it'll handle Smash.

What's weird is that I actually prefer the rubber pad off than on. It makes the Circle Pad feel like there's more wiggle room. The rubber part made it slightly bigger in diameter, so it doesn't make much off a difference for me. So yeah, my rubber part broke off before I got the Smash Demo.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Nintendo6400

[quote=NintyMan]

DreamyViridi wrote:

I had a feeling that something like this would happen. That's why I'm playing the game (demo) a little more casual than usual.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Undead_terror

Hope it doesn't happen to my XL, with my original 3DS that I was going to throw away I was missing around with the circle pad so the rubber part could come off and that has hard to come off for me (had it for a few years as well!), don't want to get my new one fixed or anything so soon if I want the new 3DS to be my next handheld.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Bigtime

The way the suicides are worked out is off, like Brawl. I can just choose to jump off the stage and the CPU will get a point. Other than that, really enjoying it. Everything I wanted it to be.

Bigtime

3DS Friend Code: 1203-9892-7345 | Nintendo Network ID: martinf

Shirma_Akayaku

Oh my goodness!! Rosalina's Final Smash has been buffed IMMENSELY!!!

It has a vacuum effect and Toon Link went from 35% to 300%!!!! Trying to DI out of it is extremely difficult because the Power Star keeps getting bigger!

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

DreamyViridi

It's certainly seems bigger than in the E3 build. Looks like Toon Link got stuck in that video, constantly getting hit by the small star shots in the middle, up until the end. So I guess the best time to use it is when someone's above you.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Jazzer94

That video was a good example of why I have smash balls off when I play.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Eel

The circle pad on my XL broke off due to my mom being too hardcore at Animal Crossing.

It's more related to how you play than what you play. The biggest factor is how much pressure you apply to it. There's absolutely no need to press the thing down, so don't.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Smash_kirby

Has anyone encountered Isaac as an assist trophy for smash brothers yet? I haven't in the demo, but they seem to have a smallish collection of Pokémon and Assist Trophies. I would find it weird they would cut him as one unless there was a good reason, considering the power of other Trophies.

Smash_kirby

TeeJay

Shirma_Akayaku wrote:

Oh my goodness!! Rosalina's Final Smash has been buffed IMMENSELY!!!

It has a vacuum effect and Toon Link went from 35% to 300%!!!! Trying to DI out of it is extremely difficult because the Power Star keeps getting bigger!

THANK GOODNESS! I was very disappointed in how it was in the E3 build. Now I might try and use Rosalina more.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TeeJay

6ch6ris6 wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

CrimsonFire wrote:

I just wish the demo had the ability to change the controls, so that I can swap R with one of the jump buttons. My R doesn't work.

lol i wish the game had some menu where you could at least see the control scheme! i cant get the hang of it. can anybody help me?

If you wait a minute at the title screen a tutorial video will play telling you all the basic rules and attack types you need to know.

omfg thank you so much. i gotta watch that video! i need every help i can get. i suck soooooo much at fighting games. smash seems even more complicated than dead or alive or tekken :/
is there any character that is good for beginners (or let's just say total noobs) like me?

As far characters in the demo, probably just Mario. In the full version, idk about the new characters but Kirby is good for beginners too I think.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

MsJubilee

Is it just me or did they buff up Mario? Cause when i used him in the demo, i was amazed how he played so well.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

LzWinky

Anyway, to continue the discussion of 3DSes breaking, it is the player who breaks the system, not the game

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

k8sMum

WaLzgi wrote:

Anyway, to continue the discussion of 3DSes breaking, it is the player who breaks the system, not the game

Nope. It's cheaper materials and workmanship in the case of the 3ds xl. I hope nintendo has it sorted by the time they release the new version here.

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

Jazzer94

k8sMum wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Nope. It's cheaper materials and workmanship in the case of the 3ds xl. I hope nintendo has it sorted by the time they release the new version here.

At least we have the Japanese as are personal testers to know whether it is well built.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

LzWinky

Actually, from my experience, I think the 3DS XL is better built. It hasn't shown nearly as much wear and tear as the original model

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Ralizah

My XL is a tank, and has survived some really nasty encounters with tile floors.

The construction of the original 3DS just feels shoddy in comparison, and it hasn't held up nearly as well.

On the topic of Smash Bros., I have to say that being able to improve the enemy's A.I. has tremendously boosted the replay value of this demo for me. The level 3 enemies are pathetically easy to beat. Level 9... not so much.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.