Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 2,921 to 2,940 of 5,084

6ch6ris6

TeeJay wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

CrimsonFire wrote:

I just wish the demo had the ability to change the controls, so that I can swap R with one of the jump buttons. My R doesn't work.

lol i wish the game had some menu where you could at least see the control scheme! i cant get the hang of it. can anybody help me?

If you wait a minute at the title screen a tutorial video will play telling you all the basic rules and attack types you need to know.

omfg thank you so much. i gotta watch that video! i need every help i can get. i suck soooooo much at fighting games. smash seems even more complicated than dead or alive or tekken :/
is there any character that is good for beginners (or let's just say total noobs) like me?

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

UGXwolf

@technotaylor98 Where I set my CPUs tends to depend on who I'm playing as and how many I'm playing against. For 1v1's Link - lvl 9, Mario lvl 8/9, Pikachu lvl 5, Mega Man lvl 5, Villager lvl 7. I just lower it a bit if I add more opponents.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Jim_Purcell

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

How do you do up tilts (Megaman's Mega Upper)? I keep doing it randomly but never when I want to.

Hold the circle pad slightly and softly up to do the Mega Upper.

Thanks! Holy crap I will never be able to do that in an intense match.

When you get the full game, turn off 'tap to jump'. This will prevent you from jumping with the circle pad. Buttons only. You'll be able to Up A to your hearts content. I always turned it off in Brawl.

Jim_Purcell

Jim_Purcell

6ch6ris6 wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

CrimsonFire wrote:

I just wish the demo had the ability to change the controls, so that I can swap R with one of the jump buttons. My R doesn't work.

lol i wish the game had some menu where you could at least see the control scheme! i cant get the hang of it. can anybody help me?

If you wait a minute at the title screen a tutorial video will play telling you all the basic rules and attack types you need to know.

omfg thank you so much. i gotta watch that video! i need every help i can get. i suck soooooo much at fighting games. smash seems even more complicated than dead or alive or tekken :/
is there any character that is good for beginners (or let's just say total noobs) like me?

Every single character has the same move inputs. Unlike most other fighting games, once you know the 9 basic move motions you can play any character. In the demo Pikachu and Link have the most straight forward move sets.

Jim_Purcell

Lupiniunstar

Hi there. I'm one of the many people who joined last night during the whole code begging debacle. I only posted once in three places, and someone was kind enough to email me a code! Since I've been meaning to join Nintendolife, I'm definitely going to start really being a member. But onto what I was going to say!

So I haven't played a Smash game since Melee. I haven't even owned a Smash game before. I've always had a Nintendo handheld since my first Gameboy Color, but I haven't had a console since...my older brother's SNES. (Well I've recently gotten a N64 but I'm getting off topic now.) My Smash experience has consisted of me playing it constantly at a friend's house. I'm basically a Smash noob. This demo is great, though! I need to work on pulling off the tilt attacks and tilt specials, but I'm really grateful for this practice. It's amazingly fun too. I'm really liking the Villager right now, but my old classic Pikachu will always be great too. c:

Anybody else have any preferences in the demo to play as? I see a lot of people like Link. Has the demo made anyone change their mind about their main?

Lupiniunstar

UGXwolf

technotaylor98 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

@technotaylor98 Where I set my CPUs tends to depend on who I'm playing as and how many I'm playing against. For 1v1's Link - lvl 9, Mario lvl 8/9, Pikachu lvl 5, Mega Man lvl 5, Villager lvl 7. I just lower it a bit if I add more opponents.

I see. Me being new to the entire series, didn't know how different the characters were. I seem to have a much harder time against Mega Man than Villager. And I also lower the lvl a bit when having a 3 or 4 player match. Thanks for the advice!

Default Mario has a pretty big emphasis on close-range combat. If you're going up against someone like Mega Man who is good at spacing, that can cause some trouble, but Mario's cape provides a nice counter to characters like Mega Man for whom most of their moveset is projectiles. (The cape reverses things, especially projectiles.)

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

MegaStoneSmash91

I'm not having any trouble performing tilts with the circle pad. Am I just good at it? Also, I love playing as Mega Man so freaking much! Considering my experience with the Mega Man games, that comes as no surprise to me. I've gotten quite used to how he handles. He and Villager can be tricky at first but I'm definitely improving. Playing against lvl. 9's certainly can't hurt.

Speaking of which, lvl. 9 Mario is a devil with that cape. The AI's "reflexes" are just unfair sometimes. The CPU's seem to use their shield a lot more now too.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Late

I've been playing the demo quite a lot but it seems I need a bit of practice. I haven't played Smash for a while and now I win only 60% of my games against three lvl 9 computers. I've had no trouble beating three lvl 9 in Brawl. It seems I get most wins when I play as Mega Man and least wins as Villager. I like what they did to Link other than the downward stab which seems weaker than what I remember from Brawl. Villager is a lot of fun to play as but I haven't quite figured out how he/she can be as effective as possible.

I also found F.L.U.D.D. useful for the first time in my life. I was playing as Mario and thought to myself if they actually made it better this time and decided to try it out. I had my F.L.U.D.D. ready for use for some time and then I noticed that Link got every Daybreak piece. He was charging his shot and I was in a spot where I really couldn't do much but for some reason I decided to use F.L.U.D.D. and it worked. Link was sent away from the arena and his big gun missed. If I hadn't done that he would've gotten 3 kills instead of 0.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Farobi

Today is not a good day.

My friend was streaming and he asked if I had a code for him to give away. I thought he was referring to a facebook post to a Smash joke group and I just assumed he was kidding with me when he said he wanted a code. I sent him to fake code so we could have a good laugh. Not seeing what the code said, he ended up giving it to a viewer. The viewer tried to use the code and finally saw what the code meant and got extremely offended and called out my friend. Something like this can ruin my friend's reputation in the Smash Community and his rank on the PR. I really need to code ASAP so my friend can give it to the angry viewer before anything else happens. I feel extremely bad about what happened and I really need to repair the damage done. The last thing I want is to lose a good friend. God bless anyone who gives me a code and I'll post updates as well. I will greatly repay the person who has the kindness to help me out in this situation.

Edited on by Farobi

Name: Joshua
FC: 1349-5259-6997
Apples | Cherries | Oranges | Peaches | Lemons | Durians | Coconuts |

NinjaWaddleDee

I managed to get a code, and wow! This is game soooo smooth on 3ds. It feels amazing! I'll still probably hold out for the wii u version, but I really love this game!

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

LyIa

I'm considering maining Pikachu now! He's got a nice, fast, gimpy feel to him. I love it~
If I had an extra demo code, I'd post it here, but I'm all out- sorry.

all men are kings 👑

Bigtime

Just a quick thought I had with the demo. Does that cross/lightning/explosion effect you get when you have landed a move that will kill them bother anyone else? I find it removes all the suspense.

Bigtime

3DS Friend Code: 1203-9892-7345 | Nintendo Network ID: martinf

DreamyViridi

Bigtime wrote:

Just a quick thought I had with the demo. Does that cross/lightning/explosion effect you get when you have landed a move that will kill them bother anyone else? I find it removes all the suspense.

It doesn't bother me personally. The lightning effect typically means you're screwed but it doesn't always result in a KO. I've seen fighters get the effect and barely survive.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Nintendo_Ninja

What do u hit for final smashes!?

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Late

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

What do u hit for final smashes!?

Press B to use Final Smash when you have the smash ball.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

LzWinky

Yeah well I broke some controllers by being too rough to them. That doesn't really look too concerning for me since I don't mash the dang Circle pad

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Dandy

Don't have the demo but was wondering if u can change the button layout on demo?

Dandy

3DS Friend Code: 2320-7107-6620 | Nintendo Network ID: Goldfishes.o-o

LzWinky

No you can't. The demo is quite limited: 5 characters, 1 stage, 1 mode, no settings

EDIT: By "mode" i mean you can only play with CPUs or friends (multiplayer) on a regular Smash match

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.