Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 2,901 to 2,920 of 5,084

CrimsonFire

I just wish the demo had the ability to change the controls, so that I can swap R with one of the jump buttons. My R doesn't work.

CrimsonFire

I just wish the demo had the ability to change the controls, so that I can swap R with one of the jump buttons. My R doesn't work.

Kewlan

Oh yeah, I heard you could swap the controls in the full version only. Is this true?

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Rintyrocks

Guys, it's not everyone who qualifys, it;s everyone who qualified put in a pool, and a select few drawn from that.

Rintyrocks

3DS Friend Code: 4828-5504-9607 | Nintendo Network ID: mememe1000

6ch6ris6

CrimsonFire wrote:

lol i wish the game had some menu where you could at least see the control scheme! i cant get the hang of it. can anybody help me?

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

ZurrrrBlattTron

So I played the demo, Mega Man sucks but the villager is godly I love what they did with Pikachu and link too :3

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Jim_Purcell

6ch6ris6 wrote:

CrimsonFire wrote:

lol i wish the game had some menu where you could at least see the control scheme! i cant get the hang of it. can anybody help me?

A = Attack
B = Special
Y = Jump
X = Jump
R = Shield
L = Throw

Are you asking how to do directional smashes and specials? Push a direction and push the corresponding button at the same time. Hold A to charge Smash attacks.

Jim_Purcell

Tonnie_gAmEr25

Well I played the demo and I can't wait for the 3rd!!!!! Add me people so we can smash when the full game arrives!!

FC 3480-2580-7102
Add mii, and lets play :)
Playing as of now:
Poke'mon Yellow
Poke'mon AS,
Shin megami tensei apocalypse ,
and Yo-kai Watch 2.
Mostly Yo-kai Watch 2!!
(But I live and breathe Poke'mon....... ahhhh!!) :)

E_Blackadder

I'm really surprised how much I like this game; I'm trying to master using Villager as my main go to. Nintendo seems to have really pushed the 3DS. Impressive, most impressive.

If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.

3DS Friend Code: 3540-0367-3259 | Nintendo Network ID: e_blackadder

Nintendo_Ninja

Link is a beast in this demo! He was my main in Brawl and he is definitely going to be one of my mains now.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

TeeJay

6ch6ris6 wrote:

CrimsonFire wrote:

If you wait a minute at the title screen a tutorial video will play telling you all the basic rules and attack types you need to know.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

CapeSmash

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

How do you do up tilts (Megaman's Mega Upper)? I keep doing it randomly but never when I want to.

Hold the circle pad slightly and softly up to do the Mega Upper.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

LzWinky

Tonnie_gAmEr25 wrote:

Well I played the demo and I can't wait for the 3rd!!!!! Add me people so we can smash when the full game arrives!!

There will be a dedicated FC thread for Smash later this month. Probably next week or so.

Or when everyone starts adding each other

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Nintendo_Ninja

Mario's up B is really good! Dat coin punch and the Fludd isn't too bad either.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

CapeSmash

I've played 60+ matches and I can say Smash is PERFECT on the go... but Smash wasn't mean for the circle pad... at all.

Smash Mains:

CapeSmash

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

How do you do up tilts (Megaman's Mega Upper)? I keep doing it randomly but never when I want to.

Hold the circle pad slightly and softly up to do the Mega Upper.

Thanks! Holy crap I will never be able to do that in an intense match.

No problem!

Smash Mains:

Retro_on_theGo

Oh wow, Smash Bros has the option of turning off control stick jumping in the full version? I am way too used to jumping with the analogue stick in fighters to change that in the full version. The only other option is doing tilts with C-stick when Wii U version comes out but that sounds weird too. Anyone mind letting me know if that feels natural or hard?
Guess I'll just have to practice up tilts when smash 3DS comes out. I think I'm in the minority here but I don't like jumping being assigned to a button in fighters, if only out of habit lol. Idk, it's it just better over all to turn off tap jumping?

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.