Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 2,881 to 2,900 of 5,084

The_Ninja

My little review:
This game. It's AMAZING. I thought controls were gonna be akward, but they feel AMAZING!
I got used to them in one match. After you get the hang of them, they're perfect for Smash.
I find it hard to do tilts with the circle pad, though. I like tap jump so I'll just adapt to it.
Characters are very easy to see. Atleast, on a XL. I did notice some characters being a bit pixe
lated, and me getting distraced by something else. But that happens alot for me in Smash games..
It also looks very beautiful, and runs at 60fps (atleast the characters do) I was kinda annoyed by the AT's running at 30fps in the beggining, but they're okay. I also noticed that not ALL of them are at 30fps. Some run at 60fps.

If you haven't played the game yet and have not experienced it in real life, you should. Screenshots don't do it justice. Videos, maybe. But the best experience will be playing on your 3DS.
Villager:
I love him more than I expected. His bowling ball? GREAT for edgeguarding. When I went on a platform , I found myself using it on people below me ALOT. The tree? I have only edgeguarded succesfully with this move one time, because it either ran out or I didn't place it on the edge. The move is really fast actually.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

CapeSmash

This feels so freaking fast, it feels like Melee to me! I didn't think I would like Villager or Mega Man... but HOLY CRAP THEY'RE FREAKING AMAZING! All the characters in the demo are excellent, and control really well! It feels like a portable version of Melee!

This game is incredible, and is my favorite game of all time.

BUY.
THIS.
FREAKING.
GAME!

Smash is SUCH a PERFECT fit for handled gaming, it's absolutely incredible!

I cannot wait to try out these wonderful characters again on a big HD TV with more fluent controls!

Best game ever. 11/10

EDIT: I'm not overexagurating, the game is just that incredible.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Kewlan

1 week of pain and agony incoming. x_x

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

SirLanceL0t

Hello, I'm looking for a NA demo code. Would anyone be so kind in sharing one with me either via PM or e-mail? My e-mail address is: [email protected]
Thanks in advance!

SirLanceL0t

Jim_Purcell

An internet friend hooked me up with a Demo code. So that's rad. This is my first taste of new Smash, so first impressions are important. I have always had some worries about Smash transitioning to a handheld (even though I have DREAMED of a handheld Smash since the freaking GBA!).

Oh first impression things are pretty great! First of all it looks fantastic. The 3D in particular looks sweet. And those sick 60 frames per second. Bravo.

On second impression.... the controls aren't ideal.

YET.

Here's the thing. Every single video game instruct I have says to push B to jump. This is hard to shake. And as you can imagine, having B bound to special attacks and Y/X bound to Jump makes things a bit awkward. On top of that, using the thumb pad to jump is also annoying. Its impressice and usually end up waiting my double jump. Or jump when I don't want too. And good luck making non-smash Up A moves come out reliably. I always turned it off in Brawl. And wish to do so again. And third, the grab button on L is very awkward on the 3DS XL (same problem I had using the Dash Boots in Link Between Worlds)

The BAD news is. No control rebindings are allowed on the demo version of Smash. But apparently there are button rebindings in the full version (as well as turning off 'tap to jump'). So once I bind B to jump, Y to Special, and X to Grab things will be optimal for my Smashing Pleasure.

Basically this demo has insured I buy Smash on 3DS Day One. No doubt. I keep looking at all those grayed out character portraits on the select screen and I can not wait to play them all.

Jim_Purcell

Inkling

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

Just played demo! For those who are new to Smash Bros Series. This is worth getting right? I enjoyed the demo just very new to smash bro series.

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

If I were you I'd get it!

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

C-Olimar

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

Just played demo! For those who are new to Smash Bros Series. This is worth getting right? I enjoyed the demo just very new to smash bro series.

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

You don't have to have played a previous game or anything.
It has loads of characters and adjustable diffculty so there's something for everyone, really.
If you enjoyed the demo then I say go ahead!

Edited on by C-Olimar

C-Olimar

Uncle_Franklin

If Link is faster now, is there any point to Toon Link any more?

Uncle_Franklin

turmeric16

I love the demo, it is really fun and feels good. I haven't played smash since 64, so I am basically new to the series again. I love the villager and Link feels powerful and quick.

I would like some opinions on one issue. Obviously in Smash64 you jumped by pushing up, so I am still used to that, but now you can jump with a button too. So is there any reasons to use one option over the other? I did here that tap jumping has benefits but it would be hard for me to change a old habit.

Edited on by turmeric16

turmeric16

3DS Friend Code: 2122-5418-3396 | Nintendo Network ID: ejvirzi | Twitter:

6ch6ris6

got the demo and i suck so hard at fighting games. i need a manual for this one. i have no idea what i am doing and what buttons do what. sometimes A does that and sometimes A does something completly different

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Kewlan

Get your filthy begging out of here, and to the proper thread.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

LzWinky

Judging by the flood of code requests here, I think Smash will be a flop. Call it a hunch though

Also, I noted this in the Wii U thread: "I noticed that the demo makes the 3DS reboot after playing. I think the no Miiverse is legitimately a result of hardware limitation"

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TuVictus

WaLzgi wrote:

Judging by the flood of code requests here, I think Smash will be a flop. Call it a hunch though

Also, I noted this in the Wii U thread: "I noticed that the demo makes the 3DS reboot after playing. I think the no Miiverse is legitimately a result of hardware limitation"

Yeah me too. I rescind my bologna statement. I guess Sakurai requested to use the RAM reserved for miiverse to ensure more stable gameplay. Fair enough

TuVictus

Jazzer94

WaLzgi wrote:

Pretty much this game is legit pushing the system which is why I hope the New 3DS comes out soon.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

kereke12

WaLzgi wrote:

Yeah my DS tends to lag & my battery dies even more.

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

kereke12

Jazzer94 wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Pretty much this game is legit pushing the system which is why I hope the New 3DS comes out soon.

Crossing Finger I hope its for early 2015 (I mean early)

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

NintendoFan64

kereke12 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Crossing Finger I hope its for early 2015 (I mean early)

Only time will tell...just gotta be patient...being patient is hard.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.