Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 2,741 to 2,760 of 5,084

MegaStoneSmash91

@DreamyViridi Playing Smash Run online certainly would be intense, but I don't see how the lack of online would be worth ignoring the Mode completely like @SockoMario is planning to do. Even if it did have online, I'd still most likely play with CPUs more often. I had terrible issues playing Brawl online, and I can only hope the same doesn't happen with the new games.

On the Pic of the Day, that last sentence confuses me a bit. "Package version"? Is he talking about the physical version? Pre-downloaded Updates sound interesting, as well. At any rate, it's good to see he's already interested in patches. If they can be "pre-downloaded" then that's even better.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

UGXwolf

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

@DreamyViridi Playing Smash Run online certainly would be intense, but I don't see how the lack of online would be worth ignoring the Mode completely like @SockoMario is planning to do. Even if it did have online, I'd still most likely play with CPUs more often. I had terrible issues playing Brawl online, and I can only hope the same doesn't happen with the new games.

On the Pic of the Day, that last sentence confuses me a bit. "Package version"? Is he talking about the physical version? Pre-downloaded Updates sound interesting, as well. At any rate, it's good to see he's already interested in patches. If they can be "pre-downloaded" then that's even better.

"Packaged version" refers to the physical copies, yes, and "pre-downloaded" is just you going and downloading the patch before you get the game so you don't have to do it later.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Grumblevolcano

GamecubeMan wrote:

Anyone going to a midnight release of this game in a month? I am.

You're lucky, the UK doesn't do midnight launches of anything Nintendo anymore!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

spongebob16

morse code is played on 2:36. sakurai has a secret in that morse code. heres the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV2yYZAT6ug
and the mores code means: Master Core?
M-ewtwo A-nd S-nake T-rue; E-veryone's R-eturning
C-horus Kids O-r R-idley? E-veryone. not sure if its real or not???

spongebob16

Socar

Ok I want to know something here in this new smash.

First of should I get Smash for the 3DS or the Wii U? I want something that I can play single player and that it only benefits for single player only. If its something like the other games where I have to beat the CPUs and all then I don't know about it. I mean It was fun in melee but then again, unlocking characters benefited only for multiplayer. Also is it something that its soo intense that its too hard and might cause me to break the circle pad? Or should I prefer the Wii U one?

Well........what I'm trying to say is that does this new one have anything like Melee's adventure mode?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Whydoievenbother

Artwark wrote:

First of should I get Smash for the 3DS or the Wii U? I want something that I can play single player and that it only benefits for single player only. If its something like the other games where I have to beat the CPUs and all then I don't know about it. I mean It was fun in melee but then again, unlocking characters benefited only for multiplayer. Also is it something that its soo intense that its too hard and might cause me to break the circle pad? Or should I prefer the Wii U one?

Well........what I'm trying to say is that does this new one have anything like Melee's adventure mode?

Sakurai said that the 3DS version will try to be a Single Player experience whereas the Wii U version is going to be focused on Multiplayer.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

JunkosBoobies

DestinyMan wrote:

Smash Run doesn't support online play, as confirmed by Masahiro Sakurai. Famitsu had made a mistake when it stated that Smash Run supported online play.

http://nintendoeverything.com/smash-run-in-smash-bros-3ds-doe...

Welp, that sucks...I have no point in playing it now unless I gotta unlock something with it...

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

TeeJay

NoUsernameHere wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Smash Run doesn't support online play, as confirmed by Masahiro Sakurai. Famitsu had made a mistake when it stated that Smash Run supported online play.

http://nintendoeverything.com/smash-run-in-smash-bros-3ds-doe...

Welp, that sucks...I have no point in playing it now unless I gotta unlock something with it...

Is playing against CPUs really not that fun? Isn't the concept of Smash Run interesting enough to warrant playtime? I don't get how ignoring a cool mode like that is worth it just because of no online.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Grumblevolcano

MrMario02 wrote:

Artwark wrote:

Sakurai said that the 3DS version will try to be a Single Player experience whereas the Wii U version is going to be focused on Multiplayer.

I guess that pretty much deconfirms Classic and All Star mode for the Wii U version?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Nintendo6400

Doubtful.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

LuigiTheGreenFire

I am quite underwhelmed by the leaked roster.

Dr. Mario and Toon Link should not have come back. Dr. Mario should have been an alternate costume. Lucina and Dark Pit were terrible choices for newcomers. They appear to pretty much be pure clones. R.O.B., Falco and Lucario have all overstayed their welcome as well.

What Would W. Do?

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732 | Nintendo Network ID: Wman1996

Punished_Boss_84

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

Undead_terror

Inkling wrote:

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/09/11/wii-u-and-nintendo-3ds-s...

Very very sketchy. I think this could be fake, it just doesn't seem like something Nintendo would do

It better not happen, I don't own a U and I don't want to pay for a new console and extra game just to unlock some characters, I want to be able to get a U once I really want one if I get one at all, just give us DLC and I will be happy, at least everyone can get the characters then.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

TuVictus

Could easily be fake. But it could be true in the sense that it would be a smart although cruel way to get people to buy both versions. But just in case, it's best to just assume we know all the characters and not get anyone's hopes up

TuVictus

TeeJay

That's just the "leakers" trying to keep the lies alive as long as possible. Sakurai wouldn't alienate owners who only own one system.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

DefHalan

Why do so many people have problems with clones? They offer similar but different fighting styles that other characters, letting people find the best fighter for their individual style? Most of these clones also don't seem to have taken much development time. Like what was explained with Lucina, they were alt skins but then they started to tweak them and they became their own characters. Just because a "clone" made it in doesn't mean another character didn't.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

TuVictus

So apparently miiverse is for new 3DS players only. You know how much bs that is? They claim original 3DS doesn't have enough memory. Freaking bologna, Nintendo. You're starting to sound like EA with that lie

TuVictus

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.