3DS Forum

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Showing 2,681 to 2,700 of 5,469

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SockoMario

2,681. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Leak confirmed to be 100% real.

You can keep yabbing on about it being likely, but all the people that are heavily supporting this leak are the same ones that heavily supported the Gematsu leak, seems like, and what happened to that? One character. Literally one. That's all. Chrom wasn't in and the whole leak was tossed aside. I see no reason to think the same can't happen, here.

Gemastu was a text leak though.

I play all Smash games competitively.
N64: Mario, Fox, Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario, Dr. Mario, Fox, Captain Falcon, Marth
Brawl: Mario, Sonic
Project M: Mario, Sonic, Fox, Wolf, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf
Smash 3DS: Mario, Dr. Mario, Shulk, Sonic, Fox, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

UGXwolf

2,682. Posted:

SockoMario wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Leak confirmed to be 100% real.

You can keep yabbing on about it being likely, but all the people that are heavily supporting this leak are the same ones that heavily supported the Gematsu leak, seems like, and what happened to that? One character. Literally one. That's all. Chrom wasn't in and the whole leak was tossed aside. I see no reason to think the same can't happen, here.

Gemastu was a text leak though.

Anything and everything can be faked. Just because text is easier to fake does not mean that it is more likely to be fake. It does, however, imply that fakes are more likely to be text, but we've seen more than our share of fake image leaks. It doesn't take much to make a leak incorrect, either. Even if the source is legit, one edit can make the whole thing a lie. That lovely roster? What if Duck Hunt Dog, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit aren't actually there? What if they were added and the image modified, or eve placed over other characters that legitimately have those spots. I inadvertently proved in the Smash Wii U thread that Ice Climbers would be EXACTLY where DHD is.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Franklin

2,683. Posted:

I refuse to believe in evolution until every single fossil of every single life form that ever existed is discovered, and then officially confirmed by God.

Edited on by Franklin

Franklin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

2Sang

2,684. Posted:

[quote=2Sang]

UGXwolf wrote:

It's so obvious that the leak was real, but this re-confirms it.

I seem to recall you saying something pretty similar about the Gematsu leak.[/quote

Gematsu leak was very likely info from very early on in development. It was right about everything but chrom, and that was a choice made to replace him later on in development in favor of lucina.

Also, how much would you care to wager that this leak is fake? You're just in denial because you don't care for wolf being cut.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter: DJ2Sang

AuthorMessage
Avatar

UGXwolf

2,685. Posted:

@2Sang You misunderstand me, yet again. I'm not calling the leak fake. I'm saying that it's easy to throw in false information, no matter how much of the leak is true. Even if the Gematsu leak was info from early in development (which does appear to be the case) where are the Chorus Men? What happened to them? We haven't even seen a trace, aside from one Smash Run enemy.

@Franklin Yeah, that's a bad analogy, since a leak is a collection of information and evolution is one single theory. It's also an ineffective point because there's no guarantee I believe in God, nor would it be logical to rely on God to confirm it. Beyond that, fossils can be faked, but as most of them come from official sources with transparent backgrounds, it's illogical to assume they are fake, though getting the information wrong is entirely possible. Next time, try to think up a good analogy. This one wasn't even really that funny.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Franklin

2,686. Posted:

@UGXwolf

"there's no guarantee I believe in God, nor would it be logical to rely on God to confirm it."

That may have been a deliberately facetious assertion on my part. I guess we'll never know.

A leak is a collection of information, much like a collection of fossils, that backs up a theory, namely that x, y, z characters will be in the game.

If you say it wasn't amusing, then I guess that must be fact..

Edited on by Franklin

Franklin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

2Sang

2,687. Posted:

@UGXWolf
According to the leak, they're a character still locked. Meaning everything aside from chrom was confirmed.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter: DJ2Sang

AuthorMessage
Avatar

UGXwolf

2,688. Posted:

@2Sang, If you're implying that one of the locked characters is Chorus Men, then you don't know the whole leak. The cipher lists Mewtwo, Ridley, Impa, Dixie Kong, and Mach Rider as the remaining characters while stating that the DLC is false and intended to screw with people. Even if you assume the cipher is also false, we have no way of knowing that Chorus Men is one of the locked characters, thereby confirming nothing.

EDIT: After reading your comment another five or six times, I get what you're referring to, but not only was the segment labeled as DLC pronounced false by the very same leak that gave it, but using one piece of unconfirmed information to confirm another piece of unconfirmed information is just plain bad logic.

@Franklin Once again, the analogy doesn't hold. The theory implies a law. A law is always true no matter the circumstance, however a leak can be true in some places and false in others. For instance, Shulk being in the roster does not confirm Duck Hunt Dog. Nor does it confirm the video leak, although the videos make for some great evidence in the leak's favor. The problem with your analogy is that if even one of those fossils doesn't follow the theory, then the theory is proven false and must be amended or replaced to suit the new data. A leak, on the other hand, can be made of a mix of true and false information, causing it to be entirely possible for Mach Rider to appear as an AT and not at all deconfirm Duck Hunt Dog.

Though I suppose this may be my fault for getting serious, I still feel I made my point clear.

Edited on by theblackdragon

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nintendo6400

2,689. Posted:

I agree about the duck hunt dog. One of my theorys is that the duck hunt dog is nothing more than a trophy that the leaker photoshopped. But that's if some of the leak ends up being fake.

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kewlan

2,690. Posted:

Remember that the leaks could be true, but also edited.
For example, the leaker did indeed have the game, but he edited in Duck Hunt Dog or Bowser Junior for example.
...
I want that to be the case, but I think the whole leak is true... Marshal... :(

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

UGXwolf

2,691. Posted:

Kewlan wrote:

Remember that the leaks could be true, but also edited.
For example, the leaker did indeed have the game, but he edited in Duck Hunt Dog or Bowser Junior for example.
...
I want that to be the case, but I think the whole leak is true... Marshal... :(

As I said before, Ice Climbers would conveniently enough be right where our good friend DHD is on the roster. Wolf wouldn't have been unlocked yet, and there's no telling if being solo is temporary, so this really only affect IC, but if we're questioning that, why not question the other five newcomers? The ones not pictured. I mean, we already have twelve and if this leak is to be believed, there's another six around the corner. Doesn't that seem a bot much? I wouldn't put it past them, of course, but Sakurai did say he didn't wanna go overboard with newcomers. It's just something to think about.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gridatttack

2,692. Posted:

Kewlan wrote:

Remember that the leaks could be true, but also edited.
For example, the leaker did indeed have the game, but he edited in Duck Hunt Dog or Bowser Junior for example.
...
I want that to be the case, but I think the whole leak is true... Marshal... :(

Jr. is in the game definitely. The leaked footage cant be faked. The reveal of shulk says otherwise (the leaked video played matched the moves of shulk on what it was shown)

But yes, thats another possibility that the DHD and others was edited. After all MASTERLKINKX (one of the leakers IIRC) admitted to have edited a leaked image so it would seem false and stop spreading the leak (Image in question is the one that said disablad instead of disabled)

Edited on by Gridatttack

Sparity~
4554-0649-6542

AuthorMessage
Avatar

UGXwolf

2,693. Posted:

@Gridatttack The same person also admitted to editing Shulk's render for the same reason.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

2,694. Posted:

He also admitted that he was to slow and the leak leaked before he could show his edit or make more.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Operative

2,695. Posted:

But Shulks image matches the official artwork either way? I mean like it or not, most of the leak is already confirmed to be real. The only things I skeptical about still are the leakers assertion of the locked characters. And Gematsu leak wasn't even false. Chrom is in the game, and the decision to put lucina in instead of him was made later on. I think chorus men are pretty likely to show up in some form. Even as a trophy if anything. And bowser Jr. Was not faked. People swore up and down that Shulk was (somehow) hacked from Brawl (I would have LOVED to meet the person who could mix up multiple characters moved while also adding in their own graphics for a hack) and he ended up being 100% real, even down to the explanation of his arts lowering his defense or offense. Bowser Jr is certainly real. There's just no way to fake it. His moves are all unique, so you can't even make the accusation that he's just a hack, which would be bs anyway.

Duck hunt dog, I can understand skepticism, at least, but not any of the video characters

Operative

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SockoMario

2,696. Posted:

We'll see if this DHD theory is right in about 2 weeks. ;)

Oh, take a look at this.

Melee:
Retro character: Ice Climbers
Oddball retro character: Mr. Game & Watch

Brawl:
Retro character: Pit
Oddball retro character: R.O.B

SSB4:

Retro character: Mega Man(?) and Pac-Man(?)
Oddball retro character: Duck Hunt Dog

It all makes sense...

I play all Smash games competitively.
N64: Mario, Fox, Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario, Dr. Mario, Fox, Captain Falcon, Marth
Brawl: Mario, Sonic
Project M: Mario, Sonic, Fox, Wolf, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf
Smash 3DS: Mario, Dr. Mario, Shulk, Sonic, Fox, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DreamyViridi

2,697. Posted:

Eh, let's just wait until the game's released in Japan.
All this talk about the leak does is take away any hype I have.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Don't mind Dark Pit, he's just here to annoy the haters...
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

2,698. Posted:

@sockomario: I guess this one's normal retro character would be Little Mac. Though he's kinda based on the Wii remake

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

UGXwolf

2,699. Posted:

SockoMario wrote:

We'll see if this DHD theory is right in about 2 weeks. ;)

Oh, take a look at this.

Melee:
Retro character: Ice Climbers
Oddball retro character: Mr. Game & Watch

Brawl:
Retro character: Pit
Oddball retro character: R.O.B

SSB4:

Retro character: Mega Man(?) and Pac-Man(?)
Oddball retro character: Duck Hunt Dog

It all makes sense...

This pattern is mismatched. A character comes out of the blue, so they're automatically strange? What makes Ice Climbers normal? I would argue that Ice Climber and Pac-man have a similarity in being arcade characters, but where's the arcade love in Brawl, then? Besides, patterns are unreliable as Sakurai has a habit of breaking them. The only reliable thing about this is that Duck Hunt would fit Sakurai's meta of being unpredictable. And we could just assume that it's easier to pull a WTF character out of retro games because they've often been forgotten by now, in which case, I resubmit Mini-Kangaroo as a character idea.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jazzer94

2,700. Posted:

Serious question here I always thought people were most hyped to actually play the game i.e. day 0, does the leak really effect this?

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94