Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 2,501 to 2,520 of 5,084

ProtoMac

I did a few hours ago. It's great, and the ledge-grabbing timer is really amazing, but WHY THE HELL WOULD THEY MAKE PAC-MAN SLOW?

THANK HEAVENS FOR THE GINORMOUS META KNIGHT NERF!

Undead_terror

Untitled really? Nintendo keeps effing over people with the old models so it's only going to get worse for us...

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Smash_kirby

From what I understand it might be a technical limitation of the CPP itself as the system has to reconnect if you close the lid. That is my two cents at least.

Smash_kirby

Eel

Eh... Did any of you really consider using that bulky thing (that makes it harder to reach the face buttons) only to save yourselves the effort of doing smash attacks normally?

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

UGXwolf

Undead_terror wrote:

Untitled really? Nintendo keeps effing over people with the old models so it's only going to get worse for us...

I know I've said this before, but you guys DO realize this wasn't Nintendo's decision, right? Sakurai has never been find of the Circle Pad Pro and this is just further evidence of that. He likely didn't ever plan on touching that thing and just let the C-stock function like normal for the New 3DS.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

MegaStoneSmash91

Why can't everyone just do Smash Attacks by tapping the stick/circle pad and a button? That's always how I've done them, and that's technically how they're performed anyway. The How to Play segment even tells you. The C-stick is the easy shortcut way, and I was surprised to hear most people used the C-stick.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

iroxursox

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Why can't everyone just do Smash Attacks by tapping the stick/circle pad and a button? That's always how I've done them, and that's technically how they're performed anyway. The How to Play segment even tells you. The C-stick is the easy shortcut way, and I was surprised to hear most people used the C-stick.

The C-stick is a faster way to smash in the smash bros games sooo.... in competitive play time matters so if they need to get a smash attack off quick they would use the c-stcik

friend code is 0602-6743-0345 i like TRAINS
proud owner of a wii u, 3ds, 2 wiis, and a ps3.
currently playing MGS:3D
proud owner of a minecrat server.

CapeSmash

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

It's easier to do aerials with the C stick.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

TeeJay

Having used a Wiimote to play Smash, I've never used a C-stick. I can see how instsntaneously pulling off smash moves can be advantageous, though. Kind of sucks how non-New 3DS owners will be at that disadvantage.

Then again I've more than held my own against Gamecube remotes using my wiimote soo...not anything I'm not used to.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Nintendo_Ninja

What was the point in ever buying a circle pad pro?

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

TuVictus

For games like revelations and monster Hunter

TuVictus

Jazzer94

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Because it works well with a control stick but was quite fiddly with the circle pad, having c stick smashes possible with the circle pad pro would've been incredibly helpful.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Mansa

and it would kind of be annoying if someone wants to use a standard forward, down or upwards attack instead of a smash one.
(for me anyway, I would always do the fire explosion thing even though I wanted a normal karate kick for example. xD

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

TuVictus

Morphbug wrote:

I played both without one.

Me too. But the cpp makes those game a thousand times more comfortable to handle

TuVictus

MegaStoneSmash91

Ok, so everybody's a fan of the C-stick, I get that. I also understand that using it can be faster and easier, makes sense. Somehow using the C-stick never caught on with me, though. Using the stick in combination with the attack button somehow made smash attacks feel.....well, more like smash attacks. Executing them with the C-stick didn't feel quite the same, almost like something was missing. Maybe it's just me. Plus I wasn't a fan of taking my thumb off of the main face buttons.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

CapeSmash

There's more to the C stick than just smash attacks. It's also really good with aerials.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Mansa

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Ok, so everybody's a fan of the C-stick, I get that. I also understand that using it can be faster and easier, makes sense. Somehow using the C-stick never caught on with me, though. Using the stick in combination with the attack button somehow made smash attacks feel.....well, more like smash attacks. Executing them with the C-stick didn't feel quite the same, almost like something was missing. Maybe it's just me. Plus I wasn't a fan of taking my thumb off of the main face buttons.

maybe its because you dont use as much force as you do when pressing the buttons. (unless of course you dont use much force to begin with)
Or maybe the fact that in Game cube games, the C-stick is mainly used for adjusting the camera instead of attacks?

Or it just take a TINY less work pressing a button down, than relocating your finger and pushing the stick sideways?
We ARE talking about the yellow stick on the gamecube controller right?
My last comment, I thought we were talking about the circle pad on the 3DS. Being ignored, I'm starting to wonder if you guys look at me as an idiot.

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.