Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 2,381 to 2,400 of 5,084

PaperLucario

Cool I guess, but I don't see the point of playing all-star mode without the whole roster, though as long as you don't get much a reward for doing a incompleted all-star as opposed to a completed one I guess I won't mind.

PaperLucario

JunkosBoobies

Well, not only does this PoTD prove the leak real even more, it also shows that there will be more characters that the leak didn't mention. Still hoping for Ninten (As his own character or as a Ness costume, I don't care at this point), Sceptile and/or Isaac.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

CapeSmash

Leak confirmed to be 100% real.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

2Sang

It's so obvious that the leak was real, but this re-confirms it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

TXP

Doesn't the combination of defeated enemies on the bottom screeen and remaining enemies on the top combine to make the starting roster then? (assuming you fight every enemy who is unlocked)
Edit: Just reslised not every remaining fighter is shown on the top screen!

Edited on by TXP

PSN id: TXP184

UGXwolf

SockoMario wrote:

I'm really getting tired of hearing this. I'll say it again. THE LEAK IS NOT 100% CONFIRMED UNTIL WE HAVE OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION OF 100% OF THE LEAK! I don't know why we have to keep restating this point. As an avid Werewolf/Mafia player, this kind of logic makes me physically sick for a few seconds every time I see it. The leak is not confirmed to be anything. All this proves is that the image that matches this image is, indeed, true. You can keep yabbing on about it being likely, but all the people that are heavily supporting this leak are the same ones that heavily supported the Gematsu leak, seems like, and what happened to that? One character. Literally one. That's all. Chrom wasn't in and the whole leak was tossed aside. I see no reason to think the same can't happen, here. Even if 99% of the information is fact and confirmed as such, 1% still has yet to be confirmed making it NOT 100% confirmed.

@TXP Even if they were, that wouldn't confirm this as the starting roster, as we don't know that none of these characters are unlockable. We do know that if a character isn't here and didn't first appear after 1993, then they won't be in the starting roster, but that is all that we can logically discern from this picture.

Of the characters in this picture, I would argue that Pac-Man and Mega Man are most likely unlockable. Same goes for Luigi and Captain Falcon. Palutena, too. Sonic, Little Mac, Zelda, and Marth may be unlockable, but then may not be. And Shulk will almost definitely be unlockable. I also think Metaknight might be unlockable, but that's hard to say. Either him or Dedede or both, but I doubt all Kirby characters will be in the starting roster.

So who's missing? Ike (starting roster?), Lucina (Unlockable), Robin (probably unlockable), Rosalina & Luma (probably unlockable), Pikachu (starting roster), Charizard (starting roster?), Greninja (Unlockable), Lucario (50/50), ZSS (50/50), Olimar (starting roster), Toon Link (probably unlockable), Sheik (50/50), Diddy Kong (???), Villager (starting roster), WFT (starting roster?), and obviously Miis, who I'm pretty sure won't be unlockable at all.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

2Sang wrote:

I seem to recall you saying something pretty similar about the Gematsu leak.

CapeSmash

UGXwolf wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

You can keep yabbing on about it being likely, but all the people that are heavily supporting this leak are the same ones that heavily supported the Gematsu leak, seems like, and what happened to that? One character. Literally one. That's all. Chrom wasn't in and the whole leak was tossed aside. I see no reason to think the same can't happen, here.

Gemastu was a text leak though.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

UGXwolf

SockoMario wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

You can keep yabbing on about it being likely, but all the people that are heavily supporting this leak are the same ones that heavily supported the Gematsu leak, seems like, and what happened to that? One character. Literally one. That's all. Chrom wasn't in and the whole leak was tossed aside. I see no reason to think the same can't happen, here.

Gemastu was a text leak though.

Anything and everything can be faked. Just because text is easier to fake does not mean that it is more likely to be fake. It does, however, imply that fakes are more likely to be text, but we've seen more than our share of fake image leaks. It doesn't take much to make a leak incorrect, either. Even if the source is legit, one edit can make the whole thing a lie. That lovely roster? What if Duck Hunt Dog, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit aren't actually there? What if they were added and the image modified, or eve placed over other characters that legitimately have those spots. I inadvertently proved in the Smash Wii U thread that Ice Climbers would be EXACTLY where DHD is.

Uncle_Franklin

I refuse to believe in evolution until every single fossil of every single life form that ever existed is discovered, and then officially confirmed by God.

Edited on by Uncle_Franklin

Uncle_Franklin

2Sang

[quote=2Sang]

UGXwolf wrote:

I seem to recall you saying something pretty similar about the Gematsu leak.[/quote

Gematsu leak was very likely info from very early on in development. It was right about everything but chrom, and that was a choice made to replace him later on in development in favor of lucina.

Also, how much would you care to wager that this leak is fake? You're just in denial because you don't care for wolf being cut.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea

UGXwolf

@2Sang You misunderstand me, yet again. I'm not calling the leak fake. I'm saying that it's easy to throw in false information, no matter how much of the leak is true. Even if the Gematsu leak was info from early in development (which does appear to be the case) where are the Chorus Men? What happened to them? We haven't even seen a trace, aside from one Smash Run enemy.

@Franklin Yeah, that's a bad analogy, since a leak is a collection of information and evolution is one single theory. It's also an ineffective point because there's no guarantee I believe in God, nor would it be logical to rely on God to confirm it. Beyond that, fossils can be faked, but as most of them come from official sources with transparent backgrounds, it's illogical to assume they are fake, though getting the information wrong is entirely possible. Next time, try to think up a good analogy. This one wasn't even really that funny.

Uncle_Franklin

@UGXwolf

"there's no guarantee I believe in God, nor would it be logical to rely on God to confirm it."

That may have been a deliberately facetious assertion on my part. I guess we'll never know.

A leak is a collection of information, much like a collection of fossils, that backs up a theory, namely that x, y, z characters will be in the game.

If you say it wasn't amusing, then I guess that must be fact..

Edited on by Uncle_Franklin

Uncle_Franklin

2Sang

@UGXWolf
According to the leak, they're a character still locked. Meaning everything aside from chrom was confirmed.

UGXwolf

@2Sang, If you're implying that one of the locked characters is Chorus Men, then you don't know the whole leak. The cipher lists Mewtwo, Ridley, Impa, Dixie Kong, and Mach Rider as the remaining characters while stating that the DLC is false and intended to screw with people. Even if you assume the cipher is also false, we have no way of knowing that Chorus Men is one of the locked characters, thereby confirming nothing.

EDIT: After reading your comment another five or six times, I get what you're referring to, but not only was the segment labeled as DLC pronounced false by the very same leak that gave it, but using one piece of unconfirmed information to confirm another piece of unconfirmed information is just plain bad logic.

@Franklin Once again, the analogy doesn't hold. The theory implies a law. A law is always true no matter the circumstance, however a leak can be true in some places and false in others. For instance, Shulk being in the roster does not confirm Duck Hunt Dog. Nor does it confirm the video leak, although the videos make for some great evidence in the leak's favor. The problem with your analogy is that if even one of those fossils doesn't follow the theory, then the theory is proven false and must be amended or replaced to suit the new data. A leak, on the other hand, can be made of a mix of true and false information, causing it to be entirely possible for Mach Rider to appear as an AT and not at all deconfirm Duck Hunt Dog.

Though I suppose this may be my fault for getting serious, I still feel I made my point clear.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Nintendo6400

I agree about the duck hunt dog. One of my theorys is that the duck hunt dog is nothing more than a trophy that the leaker photoshopped. But that's if some of the leak ends up being fake.

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Kewlan

Remember that the leaks could be true, but also edited.
For example, the leaker did indeed have the game, but he edited in Duck Hunt Dog or Bowser Junior for example.
I want that to be the case, but I think the whole leak is true... Marshal...

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

UGXwolf

Kewlan wrote:

Remember that the leaks could be true, but also edited.
For example, the leaker did indeed have the game, but he edited in Duck Hunt Dog or Bowser Junior for example.
I want that to be the case, but I think the whole leak is true... Marshal...

As I said before, Ice Climbers would conveniently enough be right where our good friend DHD is on the roster. Wolf wouldn't have been unlocked yet, and there's no telling if being solo is temporary, so this really only affect IC, but if we're questioning that, why not question the other five newcomers? The ones not pictured. I mean, we already have twelve and if this leak is to be believed, there's another six around the corner. Doesn't that seem a bot much? I wouldn't put it past them, of course, but Sakurai did say he didn't wanna go overboard with newcomers. It's just something to think about.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.