Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 2,221 to 2,240 of 5,084

LzWinky

Guys, someone just sneezed while watching these leaks. That sneeze was representative of Sakurai's despair when this info came out.

That means it's 100% legit, right?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

Splatom wrote:

Why would Nintendo take them down unless it was real? It happened with Brawl, no other 'leaks' got taken down except for the one confirming Ness, Lucario and Jigglypuff?

I TOLD YOU GUYS YOU DIDN'T LISTEN BOOM

Because Youtube is known for randomly taking down videos due to some archaic system

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Zanark

Only time will tell. It might be the reveal of the century or it might end up being a big prank.

Friend code: 1934-1399-5355

DefHalan

Splatom wrote:

Why would Nintendo take them down unless it was real? It happened with Brawl, no other 'leaks' got taken down except for the one confirming Ness, Lucario and Jigglypuff?

I TOLD YOU GUYS YOU DIDN'T LISTEN BOOM

Yes because false information and using Nintendo Characters without Nintendo's permission aren't justifiable reasons to cause a copyright claim.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Undead_terror

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/235857-rumor-smash-bros-3ds-wii-u... Leaker has been found out and fired...so it is said.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Rezalack

I still don't believe that this leak is 100% legit. Just because Youtube took down the videos doesn't confirm anything. It would be hard to make this video, but if you WERE going to make a fake leak video you'd definitely want to do it with the weaker 3DS graphics. Now, if we saw some Wii U leaked footage (in video).. I'd certainly believe it to be much more convincing.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

RR529

Spuratis wrote:

I still don't believe that this leak is 100% legit. Just because Youtube took down the videos doesn't confirm anything. It would be hard to make this video, but if you WERE going to make a fake leak video you'd definitely want to do it with the weaker 3DS graphics. Now, if we saw some Wii U leaked footage (in video).. I'd certainly believe it to be much more convincing.

While true it'd be easier to fake 3DS footage, it could also just be because the 3DS version is releasing first (thus submitted to the ESRB earlier).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

LzWinky

Untitled

Rezalack

RR529 wrote:

While true it'd be easier to fake 3DS footage, it could also just be because the 3DS version is releasing first (thus submitted to the ESRB earlier).

I thought about that as I was typing, but still decided to make my post anyway. That's also another good reason to choose the 3DS version as the leak version. There could be a team of people making these things because they just find it oh so amusing..

...not to say that I won't be surprised nonetheless if it turns out the leaks are true. I will be disappointed though because some of the characters on it are just bad choices.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

LzWinky

The problem is that these can still be an elaborate hoax. We have no official confirmation and only MORE rumors to "confirm" this stuff. I still have my salt handy if anyone needs some

TuVictus

Some people desperately want the leak to be fake it seems. I'm the opposite, I really want, and strongly suspect, it's real. Glad the leaker was caught, allegedly. I'm sure Sakurai has a few choice words for him.

But aside from that, I'm really looking forward to the game. I'm more hyped than ever before. I wonder if we'll get custom stages back

TuVictus

Zando

The leak is DEFINITELY legit and in the comments of the "Nintendo has nothing to announce at this time" article I explain my reasons but I will also do it here.

1. The videos. 100% probability they're legit. A fake of this caliber is beyond anyone without a massive budget and time commitment. Bowser's fire breath in the videos matches how it works in ssb4, not brawl. Bowser Jr's animations would be highly technically difficult for a brawl modder. It is not a Brawl mod. Could it be an original animation then? Highly, highly unlikely. This is way too elaborate. I consider everything in the videos 100% confirmed.

2. The Roster: I'm about 80-90% convinced by this. Mainly because the videos support it pretty well. Dark Pit seems like something Sakurai would do. Dr. Mario's return satisfied Mario fans who don't like the FLUDD. And Duck Hunt Dog came out of nowhere and is totally awesome. Reminds me of Pac-Man somehow. However, there are strange things with the character layout on the screen, regarding characters not being perfectly grouped by franchise. This, and the empty spaces, and the lack of Miis, leads to the conclusion that the roster isn't complete in the screenshot. Lucas and Ice Climbers fans...chill!

3. The DLC character list. Maybe 10-20%. At first since it was grouped with roster, I believed it. But since a) Sakurai is against dlc, b) no pictures, just text to support it, and c) really, the chorus kids from Rhythm Heaven?? I am pretty sure the leaker is BSing us with this bit. Probably because, as he proved by leaking in the first place, he's an untrustworthy troll.

Edit:

[quote]The leaker who said he would be DLC has since said that he was just messing with us, and instead Mach Rider, Dixie Kong, Ridley, Mewtwo, and Impa would be in-game unlockables..[/QUOTE]

#MewTwo5ever

4. Imgur screenshot dump. This is almost definitely from content sent to the esrb, based on the high number of crotch, butt, and chest shots of scantily clad female trophies. Sounds like something the esrb would want to be aware of. Also, the quantity and quality of the images speaks volumes. 99.9%.

Any questions? No? Good

Edited on by Zando

Zando

Zando

No acknowledgement of anything huh. Not surprising I guess. Didn't some of the imgur screenshots show spectator mode? Anyone care to compare?

Zando

Zando

Gambling confirmed!

Zando

OdnetninAges

Holy crap...

Like @DestinyMan said, one of the screenshots that was "leaked" actually showed this, but with different players and characters. The "odds of winning" thing was there too, and in the exact same area.

This, for me, confirms that the batch of screenshots (at least) is real. This is good news for me, because if so, then Wario is confirmed to be returning, since he has a trophy and it says "In Smash, he's a unique fighter" or something like that.

I don't want to believe the Bowser Jr. and Shulk footage, though. I'd love for Shulk to be playable, but I really just think Bowser Jr. would be one too many for Mario representation. However, it seems likely to be real.

Either way, I'm still keeping my salt handy for everything other than that batch of screenshots.

(NOTE: The batch of screenshots I'm talking about just show game modes and a few trophies. They don't reveal any roster characters other than Wario, if I remember correctly.)

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Inkling

@DefHalan I've seen loads of videos containing Nintendo IPs that haven't been taken down but are supposedly leaked.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Inkling

P.S another leak, this time from NoE (supposedly)

It's a costume and Customizations are on

But P3 and P4 are flipped.....

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Jazzer94

Splatom wrote:

P.S another leak, this time from NoE (supposedly)

It's a costume and Customizations are on

But P3 and P4 are flipped.....

Lets not post ones that don't even look real.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.