AuthorMessage

SparkOfSpirit

2,101. Posted:

SomeNintendoFan wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

Untitled
Untitled

Poor Sakurai always getting his words & PotD's twisted :P

To be fair, it does actually look a little similar to Angry Birds.

To be fair, Angry Birds is a rip-off of another game.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

AuthorMessage

NintendoFan64

2,102. Posted:

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

SomeNintendoFan wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

Untitled
Untitled

Poor Sakurai always getting his words & PotD's twisted :P

To be fair, it does actually look a little similar to Angry Birds.

To be fair, Angry Birds is a rip-off of another game.

I know. I was just pointing out the similarities. I can already tell that I'll have more fun with this game mode then Angry Birds...why won't that game just die already!?

Edited on by NintendoFan64

Don't read this!...You're reading it, aren't you?

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

2,103. Posted:

The_Ninja wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Smash Run screenshots from Famitsu.
Untitled

This one is intresting... I thought you couldn't meet each other in Smash Run?

I would love a Gameboy Camera stage! Or, a stage where you fight on the Gameboy itself..

I'm almost certain that in the Smash direct they said that while you can meet and fight others in Smash Run, it's not recommended because the goal is to rack up as much of a buff as possible. I even remember a quote of something along the lines of "You can look forward to fighting enemies and player characters alike in this mode."

Everyone is even on the same map.

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

2,104. Posted:

Yeah, it was stated before that all 4 players are on the same map, but separated far away from each other. However, that doesn't mean they are forbidden to encounter each other.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage

Kewlan

2,105. Posted:

Question is: Can you hit and steal other player's power ups?

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

AuthorMessage

The_Ninja

2,106. Posted:

Kewlan wrote:

Question is: Can you hit and steal other player's power ups?

I think you could in City Trial, so yeah I think you can here.

Pre-Ordered Super Smash Bros. 3DS!

Friend Code:1891-2599-4796 (Gamecubus)
Lets settle it.. in SMASH!

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

AuthorMessage

Smash_kirby

2,107. Posted:

From what I saw in the E3 demo at SDCC stream, two character grabbed the super mushroom at the same time.

Smash_kirby

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

2,108. Posted:

who else thinks the 3DS version is getting too much hate for a version of a game that wasn't even released yet?
I mean, I understand why people hate it(even though I disagree) but I'm soooooo tired of the guys whining how the 3DS version is getting too much exposure when WiiU version should be superior and bla bla bla, every single time there's news on the 3DS version...........

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

2,109. Posted:

I just ignore them. lol

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

2,110. Posted:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

I just ignore them. lol

I guess that's an option..... XD

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
my Backloggery

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

2,111. Posted:

GuSolarFlare wrote:

who else thinks the 3DS version is getting too much hate for a version of a game that wasn't even released yet?
I mean, I understand why people hate it(even though I disagree) but I'm soooooo tired of the guys whining how the 3DS version is getting too much exposure when WiiU version should be superior and bla bla bla, every single time there's news on the 3DS version...........

And yet most screenshots are from the Wii U version or am I missing something? :O

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

2,112. Posted:

WaLzgi wrote:

GuSolarFlare wrote:

And yet most screenshots are from the Wii U version or am I missing something? :O

Try reading any 3DS version article's comment section ever.

Edited on by TeeJay

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

2,113. Posted:

The 3DS version is releasing first, so it should get more exposure right now. Is that so hard to understand? Let's not forget that that Japan is getting the game in early September, just the corner if you ask me!

But I think a reason why some trash the 3DS version is because the Smash Bros. series has always been a home console experience, and so people are used to playing Smash Bros. on a TV and have a problem comprehending playing it on a smaller, portable screen. I like the idea of a portable Smash. I hope Smash Bros. 3DS will convince some people when they play it. I agree that the Wii U version will be better, but let's not trash the 3DS version. I'll still be playing it even after the Wii U version, and I've heard people say the 3DS version will become irrelevant after the home console version releases.

Edited on by NintyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

2,114. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

The 3DS version is releasing first, so it should get more exposure right now. Is that so hard to understand? Let's not forget that that Japan is getting the game in early September, just the corner if you ask me!.

guess now I know when to avoid anything Nintendo related on the internet :p

my Backloggery

AuthorMessage

NintendoFan64

2,115. Posted:

GuSolarFlare wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

The 3DS version is releasing first, so it should get more exposure right now. Is that so hard to understand? Let's not forget that that Japan is getting the game in early September, just the corner if you ask me!.

guess now I know when to avoid anything Nintendo related on the internet :p

Same here. I don't want any spoilers! Otherwise it'll be Kirby Triple Deluxe all over again!

Don't read this!...You're reading it, aren't you?

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

2,116. Posted:

Anyone who believes the 3DS version will overshadow the Wii U version is obviously impatient. We know next to nothing about the Wii U version because the 3DS version is releasing first. The details and specific reveals for the home console version will be shown later. I don't know why this is difficult for some people to comprehend. Aside from that fact, they each will feature different content, so one is not a direct upgrade over the other. I'll still be enjoying the 3DS version after the Wii U version is out.

As for reasoning behind the hate for the 3DS version, I think there's a number of reasons. Maybe the visuals look ugly to some people. Perhaps they are worried that it will be a watered down version of Smash, though we know by now it most certainly is not. Maybe people are having trouble grasping how it will feel on a handheld, especially the controls. Or, it could be as simple as "Smash is a home console game, therefore I oppose this handheld version". Both versions will have their perks, and I guarantee portable Smash Bros. will be a big reason to keep playing the 3DS version. Even if both versions were identical that would be true. The 3DS version having different content just sweetens the deal.

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage

The_Ninja

2,117. Posted:

GuSolarFlare wrote:

I agree. The game aint even out yet and people are already complaining. I prefer the 3DS version, but maybe that'll change.

Oh yeah, the spoilers xD I want to stay on this site in September, I just hope there wont be an article saying "Ridley, Chorus Men and all characters that you wanted playable in Smash Bros."
I really want everything to be a suprise. Altough I wouldn't mind a few stages getting spoiled...

I'm so hyped for this game, I think about it 24/7. Can't wait!

Pre-Ordered Super Smash Bros. 3DS!

Friend Code:1891-2599-4796 (Gamecubus)
Lets settle it.. in SMASH!

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

2,118. Posted:

I have no idea what NL is going to do about Smash Bros. news when this game releases in Japan, and that's not considering other Nintendo sites I frequent. They can't completely ignore it, but at the same time they would have to be extremely careful not spoiling anything. At least here on the forums we could make some sort of pact vowing that we won't post any major spoilers, but there's still the internet.

The only information I really wouldn't want to spoil much would be characters, but even then there's a few characters that I'm anxious to know the fate of, like King K. Rool. Knowing a few more stages wouldn't hurt.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

2,119. Posted:

well, I'd be all for a vow to not spoil the game here in NL, but I think whoever doesn't feel like it should at least use the spoiler tags.
BTW do you guys think Nintendo will go all the way with the Amiibo 3DS support thing or maybe SSB(and other games) will be left out?

my Backloggery

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

2,120. Posted:

@GuSolarFlare: Spoiler tags would be nice, but people just won't be able to respond to it much, unless people started chatting within spoiler tags, which would be odd.

I don't know if Smash Bros. 3DS will use amiibo eventually or not. I don't see why not, but right now it's mainly being marketed as a selling point for Smash Bros. Wii U.

Also, happy 44th birthday Masahiro Sakurai!

Miiverse