3DS Forum

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Showing 2,081 to 2,100 of 5,469

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NintendoFan64

2,081. Posted:

TXP wrote:

Nice to see another stage based on a ds game as most of them so far seem to be based on 3ds games, surely its time for a gameboy stage now?!

Wait a minute...holy crap, you're right! We haven't gotten a singe stage based off of a game from the Gameboy family! Where's a Mario Land stage!? Or a stage based of of the Gameboy Zeldas!? Heck, The_Ninja came up with a perfectly good idea for a Mother 3 stage! Seriously! The Gameboy is Nintendo's first handheld console, and we're not getting any stages from it or its ancestors!? I'm sorry...I know I'm just ranting right now, but this just seems a little ridiculous to me.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

Don't read this!...You're reading it, aren't you?

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NintyMan

2,082. Posted:

@SomeNintendoFan: Maybe a Game Boy game stage is hidden in the game? I'm certain Sakurai will leave plenty of stuff hidden in the game at this point. I wasn't surprised when he withheld some details on the new Pokemon stage.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NintendoFan64

2,083. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

@SomeNintendoFan: Maybe a Game Boy game stage is hidden in the game? I'm certain Sakurai will leave plenty of stuff hidden in the game at this point. I wasn't surprised when he withheld some details on the new Pokemon stage.

I hope so. After all, in a game whose stages are focused primarily on handheld systems (there are some exceptions to this, like the Balloon Fight stage), leaving the Gameboy family wouldn't really make much sense. Oh well, I'm sure we'll get one, and like you said, it could just be hidden in the game.

Don't read this!...You're reading it, aren't you?

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Smash_kirby

2,084. Posted:

they should have a Gameboy camera level in the same vein as the pictochat stage in Brawl. I think someone already mentioned this before but I think it would work rather nicely, maybe even an Oracle ages/Seasons or Link's Awakening inspired stage. I sort of want to hear a remix of the Dancing Dragon Dungeon music in Smash, it has such a good a vibe to it.

Smash_kirby

AuthorMessage
Avatar

2Sang

2,085. Posted:

Smash_kirby wrote:

they should have a Gameboy camera level in the same vein as the pictochat stage in Brawl. I think someone already mentioned this before but I think it would work rather nicely, maybe even an Oracle ages/Seasons or Link's Awakening inspired stage. I sort of want to hear a remix of the Dancing Dragon Dungeon music in Smash, it has such a good a vibe to it.

Yes a gameboy camera stage...

http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/5/3/3/70533.jpg?v=1

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter: DJ2Sang

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NintendoFan64

2,086. Posted:

2Sang wrote:

Smash_kirby wrote:

they should have a Gameboy camera level in the same vein as the pictochat stage in Brawl. I think someone already mentioned this before but I think it would work rather nicely, maybe even an Oracle ages/Seasons or Link's Awakening inspired stage. I sort of want to hear a remix of the Dancing Dragon Dungeon music in Smash, it has such a good a vibe to it.

Yes a gameboy camera stage...

http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/5/3/3/70533.jpg?v=1

That's okay! I didn't want to go to sleep anyways!(Seriously. Those pictures are just plain creepy.)

Don't read this!...You're reading it, aren't you?

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NintyMan

2,087. Posted:

Untitled
"What's up with this bomb? This looks like the stadium for the Home-run Contest, but there's no bat. Once you touch the bomb, it begins to count down. Give it enough damage and launch it at the right time…then once the bomb's countdown hits zero…!!"

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NintyMan

2,088. Posted:

Untitled
"...It goes BOOOOOM! Not only will the blast destroy targets, but it'll also cause a chain reaction by using shattered walls and bomb blocks--all of which contributes to you getting a high score!! This is a new activity that combines the concepts of Target Smash and the Home-run Contest--it's called Target Blast! Your final score is the total you rack up over two rounds. Of course, your Target Blast scores contribute to your Global Smash Power, too."

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

UGXwolf

2,089. Posted:

Gotta wonder if this is a 3DS exclusive mode or it'll be available in both versions.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Ninja

2,090. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

Smash Run screenshots from Famitsu.
Untitled

This one is intresting... I thought you couldn't meet each other in Smash Run?

I would love a Gameboy Camera stage! Or, a stage where you fight on the Gameboy itself..

Pre-Ordered Super Smash Bros. 3DS!

Friend Code:1891-2599-4796 (Gamecubus)
Lets settle it.. in SMASH!

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

AuthorMessage
Avatar

UGXwolf

2,091. Posted:

@The_Ninja I don't recall that ever being the case. Or if it was, maybe it was just because it hadn't been finalized? Or maybe it is, but you can meet CPU players on Smash Run?

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kewlan

2,092. Posted:

I still hope there will be an individual stage of Target Smash too...
But yeah, looks cool! Smash Bros. meets Angry Birds!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Joetherocker

2,093. Posted:

Kewlan wrote:

I still hope there will be an individual stage of Target Smash too...
But yeah, looks cool! Smash Bros. meets Angry Birds!

I'm pretty sure there will be. There's individual home run contest as well as this, so I don't think this hurts Target Smash's chances at all. Actually, the fact that he mentioned it makes me think it's more likely to be back.

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Ninja

2,094. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

@The_Ninja I don't recall that ever being the case. Or if it was, maybe it was just because it hadn't been finalized? Or maybe it is, but you can meet CPU players on Smash Run?

I don't even remember Sakurai stating it either, just didn't remember seeing it. It's probaly because the E3 demo wasn't near completion.

Pre-Ordered Super Smash Bros. 3DS!

Friend Code:1891-2599-4796 (Gamecubus)
Lets settle it.. in SMASH!

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrMario02

2,095. Posted:

The_Ninja wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Smash Run screenshots from Famitsu.
Untitled

This one is intresting... I thought you couldn't meet each other in Smash Run?

I would love a Gameboy Camera stage! Or, a stage where you fight on the Gameboy itself..

Several times they said "The players will all be running side by side through the same world".

Let's-a-go! Friend Code:4983 - 5372 - 3651

AuthorMessage
Avatar

19Robb92

2,096. Posted:

Untitled
Untitled

Poor Sakurai always getting his words & PotD's twisted :P

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NintendoFan64

2,097. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

Untitled
Untitled

Poor Sakurai always getting his words & PotD's twisted :P

To be fair, it does actually look a little similar to Angry Birds.

Don't read this!...You're reading it, aren't you?

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

2,098. Posted:

Even angry birds made it to smash

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kewlan

2,099. Posted:

Angry Birds crashes into battle!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nintendo6400

2,100. Posted:

I smell an angry bird trophy. Probably not.

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling