Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 1,901 to 1,920 of 5,084

GuSolarFlare

@DestinyMan so today is Sakurai's birthday?
Happy Birthday Masahiro Sakurai!
he's my favorite game developer!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

TXP

Just watched the trailer for smash bros 3ds on the eshop and noticed what could be at steeldiver subwars stage at around 1 minute in - has anyone else noticed this?

PSN id: TXP184

The_Ninja

Happy Birthday, Sakurai

Also, I think 3DS should get something similar to Amiibo, but with the use of Streetpass. It would basically work excactly like Amiibo, but instead of giving your amiibo to friends, you exchange streetpass data with not only friends, but random people too. That info would be saved to your 3DS, to use his fighter everytime. If that did happen, I would prefer it over Amiibo.

And on the spoiler issue: There could be a seperate thread, that is spoiler free, and when the game comes out October 3, the thread gets deleted.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

derrickd95

The_Ninja wrote:

Happy Birthday, Sakurai

Also, I think 3DS should get something similar to Amiibo, but with the use of Streetpass. It would basically work excactly like Amiibo, but instead of giving your amiibo to friends, you exchange streetpass data with not only friends, but random people too. That info would be saved to your 3DS, to use his fighter everytime. If that did happen, I would prefer it over Amiibo.

And on the spoiler issue: There could be a seperate thread, that is spoiler free, and when the game comes out October 3, the thread gets deleted.

The problem with a spoiler free thread is the fact that all it takes to ruin it is one jerkish spoiler advocate.

derrickd95

Twitter:

The_Ninja

TXP wrote:

Just watched the trailer for smash bros 3ds on the eshop and noticed what could be at steeldiver subwars stage at around 1 minute in - has anyone else noticed this?

This is an trophy, look at the background. I do hope we get a stage of it, though.

The_Ninja

MegaStoneSmash91

I'd love to continue visiting this site after the game is out in Japan, and I'd prefer as few spoilers as possible. That's asking quite a lot, really. Spoilers don't bother everyone, and people will most likely post stuff anyway. I certainly hope there won't be news articles on here containing spoilers either. I check those every day, and I'll surely see them when scrolling down the page.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Kewlan

Untitled
Pic of the day. In this Smash Bros. installment, this little guy is also making an appearance! I…don't know his name, but he's the Prince of the Sablé Kingdom. He's from the Game Boy game Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru (translated as The Frog For Whom the Bell Tolls), which was only released in Japan.
Untitled
Here's the trophy of the Sablé Prince. He transforms into a snake or a frog, and unloads multiple attacks on any opponent he catches. Keep attacking your foes when they're trapped in his dust cloud.

I love how there are so many assist trophies! Smash 4 now has two more assist trophies than Brawl which is 29!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

The_Ninja

Is that an assist? I thought he was an stage hazard for that stage shown in the background.

The_Ninja

MegaStoneSmash91

I have no knowledge of this character at all. Still, more assist trophies is always nice. Are there really only 29? Seems like there are more than that, but I could be wrong.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

UGXwolf

We don't actually know he's an assist, per se. Probably is. Doesn't seem like a stage hazard and he clearly isn't a newcomer. This kinda reminds me of a "leak" that was busted around the time Ike was confirmed. Or was it when Charizard/Greninja was confirmed... But anyways, I recall it listing "The Frog Prince" as a newcomer. Kinda funny that he's most likely an assist.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Budda

Must be an assist. The background of the first pic looks a lot like the Tomodachi stage.
I can't remember, but aren't there exclusive assists on both versions? I guess this one might be for 3DS only.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

The_Ninja

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

Must be an assist. The background of the first pic looks a lot like the Tomodachi stage.
I can't remember, but aren't there exclusive assists on both versions? I guess this one might be for 3DS only.

Yea, it's def that Tomodachi Life stage, lol.

And Sakurai said assists and Pokemon were going to be roughly the same on both versions.

The_Ninja

Nintendo6400

I thought it was a trophy at first showing off changeable backgrounds. But I see now that it's probably an AT at the tomodachi stage.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

The_Ninja

I didn't think it was a newcomer, but a stage hazard. Then I saw it was the Tomodachi stage.

The_Ninja

NintendoFan64

I don't what the heck the game he's from is! I need to look this up.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

UGXwolf

@DestinyMan I don't think anyone thought he was a Newcomer. Even I specifically pointed out he definitely wasn't a newcomer. I was only saying that Sakurai didn't explain that he was an Assist. However, I suppose he shouldn't have to, by this point. He'll explain when it's a stage hazard or boss, but when it's an assist trophy, we'll probably just assume it.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

MsJubilee

Damn that commercial was short, i though it was going to be like 30 seconds not 16.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.