Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 1,801 to 1,820 of 5,084

MegaStoneSmash91

Quite unexpected, to say the least. It's nice to see the menu. Some things are self-explanatory, like Smash, Smash Run, and Online, but what could the Wii U option be? And what sorts of challenges are there? I assume Games & More features your Trophy Collection and various activities like Home-Run Contest, Classic Mode, and such. I do like the way it looks, though. Reminds me a lot of the Brawl menus,

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

19Robb92

I'm very curious about the "Challenge" button.. I love challenges, I hope it's something original and not just the usual "Break the Targets" etc. stuff we've seen before.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

The_Ninja

I'm guessing that if Download Play IS possible, you can access it at Smash. Games & More is probaly Classic Mode, Adventure Mode etc. I do wonder why Smash Run isn't in there though..
Challenges is a hard one. It could just be the events, but it could also be some challenges to raise your Global Smash Power. Wii U could be to transfer all your data to the Wii U version. I don't get Streetpass though.

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Kewlan

Speaking of Break the Targets, I hope they have some awesome music like Melee's! I also hope each character has its own stage like Melee, that was way better.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Whydoievenbother

Squid wrote:

My guess is that Challenges is just the same as the Events in past games. Renaming them 'Challenges' instead would make some sense...

It also could be the challenges mode from brawl and KI:U Where when you did certain things you got prizes such as trophies, stickers, etc.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Yoshi

I wonder if they stuck a few Masterpieces into the Games and More section....

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

FlaygletheBagel

I'm hoping the "Challenges" button takes you to a similar challenge grid like what Brawl had. The list of challenges in Brawl gave the game a lot of longevity imo. I'm hoping there's a similar system worked out for 3DS.

Games I'm playing: Hotline Miami 2, Smash Wii U, GTA V, Dying Light, Resogun

Recently completed games: Hotline Miami, P.T., Shovel Knight

Games I want soon: Zelda U, The Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

3DS Friend Code: 5429-7042-7857 | Nintendo Network ID: AmateurSalad8

Yoshi

Given the thin outline around "Challenges", I'm going to assume this is just an achievement panel or whatever creative Sakurai made this time around that he's been sticking into a lot of games as of late. Selecting Smash will most likely lead to VS and 1 Player mode, with VS being the most common mode we've seen in past games, and 1 Player Mode holding Classic Mode and Event Match, among other things.

Edited on by Yoshi

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

LzWinky

The_Ninja wrote:

I'm guessing that if Download Play IS possible, you can access it at Smash. Games & More is probaly Classic Mode, Adventure Mode etc. I do wonder why Smash Run isn't in there though..
Challenges is a hard one. It could just be the events, but it could also be some challenges to raise your Global Smash Power. Wii U could be to transfer all your data to the Wii U version. I don't get Streetpass though.

Smash Run is in the menu. Bottom left

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

KO-Cub

I hope "challenges" are like in brawl with the massive shelf of achievements you might want to do. I did them all in Brawl. Damn collecting all the stickers.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

TeeJay

Okay so apparently Bowser is super OP and won nearly every match he was in during the comic con tournament for the 3DS version. I'm sure the Smash team will nerf him a bit by the time the game is released, though.

I was only able to catch bits and pieces of the tournament, and I had to stop to go to work, but I did see Toon Link kick some butt so that made me happy. I did notice though that he no longer bounces off the opponent Scrooge Mc Duck style when using his down A move. Now he goes straight down like Rock Kirby. I guess it made sense that they changed it; it was pretty easy to exploit that. Still, I'll miss annoying people with it.
I'm surprised no one mentioned anything about this in this thread before me, or that NL hasn't even posted mention of the tournament live stream. I mean, the official Nintendo site had a live feed and everything.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Kewlan

Pro tip to make a game fun: Never nerf the strong, buff the weak.

Bowser was so strong, it was Bowser vs. Bowser! Dang!

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

Nintendo6400

This thread is pretty much dying. Everyone's been talking about the tournament and other 3ds smash over at the wii u smash thread.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Yoshi

Nintendo6400 wrote:

This thread is pretty much dying. Everyone's been talking about the tournament and other 3ds smash over at the wii u smash thread.

It's difficult to keep track of two discussions over what is essentially the same game.

Now playing:

NavySpheal

http://www.smashbros.com/us/

Technically it's a Wii U screenshot, but whatever. Takumaru confirmed as an assist trophy, I believe.

3DS FC: 4596-9744-5868
Buffalo wings are a gift from the gods themselves.

Kewlan

Yepp, you can just check Miiverse too for Sakurai's message.

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

Kewlan

Is it just me or are 3DS music recorded so badly, even by Nintendo themselves.
It sounds way better in real life, especially with headphones on.

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

LzWinky

Well, Sakurai made your dreams come true. Takaramu is in Smash

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.