Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 1,761 to 1,780 of 5,084

Nintendo_Ninja

How big do you think the roster will be in the end? I'd say around 47 or 50.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Mansa

Goodness...How long will it TAKE to unlock them all? XD

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

Mansa

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Super smash bros. 3DS has been rated E 10+ for Cartoon Violence, Comic Mischief, and Mild Suggestive Themes. There's even a naw trailer on eshop!

Anyone else laughs at how they hit the screen if you KO them skywards sometimes, but instead of just bouncing off, they slowly slide off the screen like characters from old cartoons?

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

TeeJay

Bronze wrote:

You mean Grandmaster? If you really meant that he would wear Chrom's armor, I would not have a problem with that either.
Although, I do wish his alternate would have a stick as a weapon for the same humor in the game. XD

Anyone got a picture of his different colors though?

EDIT: About his final smash though, I was strongly hoping he would get a BRAVE sword or use his ability Ignis, but having Chrom appear from a magic circle thingy and activating duel strike (ie: beating the crap out of someone) works to. 0

Aw crap. I saw the name "Robin" and my brain farted and I thought of Lucina, sorry about that.

Ok well for Robin then yes his Grandmaster outfit would work well. He could also fight with his hood up similar to how Little Mac can keep his hoodie on.

As for the way the characters smack into the screen now, OHMYGAWD I LOVE THAT. It's so comical! I'd love to see how some of the more serious-looking fighters look doing that.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

MrWalkieTalkie

DestinyMan wrote:

Of course Sakurai wouldn't forget about the Nintencats because he's a cat owner!
Untitled (Drawing by Mounir)
I wonder if his cat will appear in that stage?

Actually, I'm pretty confident that is his cat.
Untitled
Untitled

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Yoshi

Close, but no cigar. However, his cat did appear in Brawl. I presume it will be the same this time around as well.

EDIT: I was looking at the sofa and thought that was the cat's tail. No, the tail matches Sakurai's cat. Everyone, Sakurai's cat cameo in Smash!

Edited on by Yoshi

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

TeeJay

Morphbug wrote:

Guess he went as close as he could without making it too obvious.

Why not make it obvious, though? The only people who would notice are people who would appreciate it. It's not like anyone would rage because he put his cat in the game...right...?

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Nintendo_Ninja

There has to be at least 2, if not 3, characters revealed in August. Ness, Jigglypuff, and 1 more newcomer.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Eel

TeeJay wrote:

Morphbug wrote:

Guess he went as close as he could without making it too obvious.

Why not make it obvious, though? The only people who would notice are people who would appreciate it. It's not like anyone would rage because he put his cat in the game...right...?

Because making it too obvious would involve modifying the model of the cat and adding a fur combo you can't get in the real game.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

19Robb92

I wonder if this means we're not getting a exclusive MegaMan stage for the 3DS then.. That'd be pretty lame.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Jazzer94

Nice I really like this stage so having it in both versions is a plus for me.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

MMSK

@DestinyMan: Where did you get that pic?

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1504-5801-6001 (Name: Maroof)
Games playing at the moment: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Super Street Fighter 4 3D EDITION.

MMSK

Oh, i see... thanks !

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1504-5801-6001 (Name: Maroof)
Games playing at the moment: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Super Street Fighter 4 3D EDITION.

19Robb92

I feel like they Yellow Devil should have been a Assist Trophy rather than a stage hazard.. Most impressions I've read about this stage say it's annoying due to the Yellow Devil. Not only his attack but also that he appears to often. Would be nice if you could turn off stage hazards.

Edited on by 19Robb92

19Robb92

DestinyMan wrote:

That's what the Final Destination stages are for!

That's more for competitive play.

I don't want to get rid of the rotating platforms, just the Yellow Devil

MegaStoneSmash91

Well, Mega Man finally has a stage on the 3DS version. I figured it would be the same, since the initial concept for the stage fits just fine in both versions due to not really being console specific. That and the fact that it's a good location to base a stage around. Interesting that it's daytime in this version, but it does set it apart slightly from the Wii U stage. Now I'm really beginning to wonder what Sonic's 3DS stage will be. Lost World is on both platforms, so maybe it will be a bit different that the Wii U stage. Or maybe not, who knows. That's assuming they use Lost World as the source material for the stage. It would be nice if there was a Sonic stage more like Green Hill Zone in Brawl, as in more retro.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

The_Ninja

See, Japan always gets the good stuff lol
I'm happy it's on 3DS too! I just hope Sonic gets a different one, and I hope not from lost world. I would be fine with one from the retro days.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Whydoievenbother

19Robb92 wrote:

I feel like they Yellow Devil should have been a Assist Trophy rather than a stage hazard.. Most impressions I've read about this stage say it's annoying due to the Yellow Devil. Not only his attack but also that he appears to often. Would be nice if you could turn off stage hazards.

I would prefer a button that turns off bosses.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Kewlan

@DestinyMan Another step to a Nintendo filled home, I guess?

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.