3DS Forum

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Showing 1,721 to 1,740 of 2,385

AuthorMessage

MAN1AC

1,721. Posted:

I like how he decided to use the 2nd screen in the game.
Is the square around Samus the player highlighting themselves or is that Mario locking in on the opponent?

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

1,722. Posted:

@MAN1AC - Most likely the latter. In Brawl online, players always saw themselves as Player 1 even if they were truly P2/P3/P4. Since players have their own screen for Smash Bros. 3DS, I assume that's the same case here, so yeah; I think it's Mario targeting Samus.
Untitled

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Lucina confirmed for Smash Bros.!

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

The_Ninja

1,723. Posted:

Cool. I'm just so hyped for E3. I wouldn't actually mind if there wasn't a new character reveal. All I want is a release date and info on the modes.

Pre-Ordered Super Smash Bros. 3DS!
I'll be posting my Friend Code here soon =3 Maybe we can battle.

AuthorMessage

Bronze

1,724. Posted:

What if one of toon links alternate costume was a mii with out legs, using the sword and sheild from find Mii. XP

I'm sorry, it has just popped in my mind. XD

Megatron: Any last words Optimus?

Optimus: None you wanna hear megatron!

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1255-8788 | Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

1,725. Posted:

Untitled
"Some stages have been shrunk down and made into trophies, like this one of Tortimer Island for the 3DS version. I wish I could have a figurine like this in real life."

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

1,726. Posted:

Some filler from Sakurai. He sure is a weird guy...

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

WIFI Game List:
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7
Mario Golf: World Tour + DLC
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
SSB4 (both) + Wii U GameCube Adapter + Controller
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Hyrule Warriors

Mii Name: Shirma / Gil

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

1,727. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
"Some stages have been shrunk down and made into trophies, like this one of Tortimer Island for the 3DS version. I wish I could have a figurine like this in real life. "

NFC Confirmed!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

1,728. Posted:

@Rosalina: To be brutally honest, I hope Sakurai doesn't show too many big surprises before E3, especially now that exactly one week from now is the big Super Smash Bros. E3 presentation on Tuesday night.

@MrWalkieTalkie: I can't help but feel that comment is teasing something. I know plenty of disagree, but I would thrilled with Smash Bros. NFC and it makes complete sense.

Edited on by DestinyMan

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

MrMario02

1,729. Posted:

Untitled This is why balloon fighter should be in SSB4!!

Let's-a-go! Friend Code:4983 - 5372 - 3651

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,730. Posted:

I do not agree. Besides, flippers have been confirmed as a stage hazard and Villager is using the balloons, already.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

The_Ninja

1,731. Posted:

So? Don't Toon Link and Link use the same sword? IMO, Balloon Fighter would be awesome!

Edited on by The_Ninja

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

1,732. Posted:

NintendoMonkey wrote:

So? Don't Toon Link and Link use the same sword?

See, when you take the one only thing that makes a character special, and give it to another one, that means you have no interest in adding the original character.

Villager is already here to represent both Animal Crossing and balloon fight.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

The_Ninja

1,733. Posted:

Only because of his Up B? If he IS representing balloon fight, then why doesn't he have more moves and abilities from that game?

Edited on by The_Ninja

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

1,734. Posted:

Because there's nothing else of importance in that game that would warrant using up another move slot in the Villager, of course.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Squid

1,735. Posted:

NintendoMonkey wrote:

Only because of his Up B? If he IS representing balloon fight, then why doesn't he have more moves and abilities from that game?

because he's an Animal Crossing character. The Up+B is an homage to Balloon Fight. If they really wanted to pay an homage to Balloon Fight, then they would have made him a fighter and given Villager some other Up+B. However, so far it's clear that all Balloon Fight is getting is a stage and a move. Sorry.

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
Ze Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

1,736. Posted:

Not to mention that Animal Crossing also has a story with balloons.

Consider Balloon Fight lucky that they actually decided to represent the game with this character instead of just, say, making his up-B a normal Animal Crossing gift balloon.

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

MrMario02

1,737. Posted:

Okay maybe it isn't happening. But he still would be a great Fighter. Anyways, here's a rumor about the newcomers in SSB4. Seems legit cuz most of the newcomers that we know about were in that rumor.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_rumors#E3_2013_leak

Let's-a-go! Friend Code:4983 - 5372 - 3651

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,738. Posted:

@MrMario02 We've seen this leak. It seems strong due to apparently confirming characters no one thought possible, but it's hard to say how seriously it should be taken. Looking at the characters, it's pretty obvious what the method of prediction is. "Name some characters that are likely, but not safe, as well as at least one off-the-wall character that no one even considered, before." Analyzing Nintendo's past and the way Sakurai goes about adding characters, Wii Fit Trainer wasn't really impossible to guess correctly. Villager and Mega Man are no different, and people had been begging for Little Mac, Mii, and Pac-man for a long time.

His second prediction seems to support this idea, as Shulk isn't exactly unlikely, but he's just far enough from the main cast to shock some people. Palutena, too. Choir Men is the off-the-wall pick and Chrom is the obvious one, leaving Poke'mon X and Y. Seemed pretty obvious to me that Sakurai would at least try to pull inspiration from that game, and I wasn't entirely shocked to see it was a Poke'mon.

Mind you, I'm not discrediting the leak or trying to say it's fake, but I would like people to understand that it's not impossible for this to have just been a really good guess.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

1,739. Posted:

Untitled
"New Super Mario Bros. 2 is a game where you collect tons of coins. Thus, it's only natural that many coins will appear in this stageā€¦ Wait, is this really Super Smash Bros??"

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

1,740. Posted:

Untitled
"If you collect 100 coins, you transform into a gold fighter! For a short period of time, your attack power will increase and you won't flinch when you receive attacks. This unique stage's name is Golden Plains and it's exclusive to the 3DS version."

Miiverse