Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 1,621 to 1,640 of 5,211

MegaStoneSmash91

After playing the 3DS version at Smash Fest, I'm looking forward to it even more. I was originally worried about how playing Smash on a handheld would work in terms of control. It actually felt good, better than I thought it would. The controls weren't set to my liking, but once I got used to it a bit I was playing just as well as on the Wii U version. Honestly, playing this on the original 3DS as opposed to the XL would probably be unpleasant. I was pleased with how close the two versions felt when playing. Everything feels almost exactly the same as it does on the Wii U version, which I like. There were also some characters not available on the Wii U version: Yoshi, Luigi, Toon Link, and Shiek. However, some of the characters on the Wii U version were not present on the 3DS version, most likely to compensate. I didn't play Smash Run, nor was I sure it was even available to play since I didn't really experiment with the menus. I did play some standard fights though.

-There were 3 demo units available, and they were able to connect to each other for multiplayer.
-The character select area is on the top screen, and info such as the selected characters, CPU lvl, and such is featured on the touch screen. The touch screen itself is fully usable here, but you can also move your player hand down from the top screen to do things with the buttons instead of tapping the screen.
-When you have selected your character and stage, you enter a practice area with Sandbag like in online play in Brawl. Once all players are ready, the match can start.
-CPU opponents were fully usable, and were a great way to get ahold of the characters and controls, and also just to play with if nobody else was trying to play multiplayer.
-I did get to see some Final Smashes, including some I already saw on Wii U such as Mega Man's and Villager's. Luigi's new Poltergust Final Smash works a lot like the one Zero Suit Samus had in Brawl, as it's a somewhat close range attack. He waves the vacuum all around him sucking up any nearby characters. He then spits them all back out which launches them to a possible K.O. It's over fairly quickly, and has a pretty short range. I do like it, though, and it fits better than the Negative Zone. Toon Link's, unfortunately, is still exactly the same. I didn't try out Yoshi or Sheik, so I'm not sure on those.
-The 3D effect was turned off for the majority of the time, but I did flip it on for a while out of curiousity. I didn't notice it all that much, but that could just be because I was focusing on enjoying the game. I'm sure the new "screen-plants" the characters sometimes do would look great with it.

I love the time I spent with it. The wait for the Wii U version will get a lot easier once I have the 3DS version in my hands. This is looking to be a top notch first portable outing for the series, but I already figured that to be the case anyway.

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

The_Ninja

It's good to finally see more people excited for this version.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Nintendo6400

Did anyone see toon links final smash? Is it the same thing?

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

3dsplayer

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Did anyone see toon links final smash? Is it the same thing?

MegaStoneSmash91 mentioned his final smash and yes it is.

League of legends username - 3dsplayer ( 2pacEn0t0ri0u3cr is currently banned)
Neopet shop - http://www.neopets.com/browseshop.phtml?owner=bosswario
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxeklRO7qWw

Bronze

I honestly thought the goddess and the pacman (Yay!!!) was a fluke. I thought the last character announced would be Greninja. I'm starting to doubt Chrom's arrival less and less now.XD (Although, my doubts are still somewhat high)

@Nintendo 6400 I hope not.

Megatron: Any last words Optimus?

Optimus: None you wanna hear megatron!

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1255-8788 | Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

19Robb92

What's the third logo in that picture?

StarFox, Pokemon & ...?

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

19Robb92

Oh right.. Got a bit thrown off by the red coloring

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

MegaStoneSmash91

I was thinking it was a new version of Classic Mode. Maybe you can pick which route to take on your way to Master Hand. It would certainly make it a bit more interactive, and probably help it to feel different each time you play, too.

Or maybe it isn't that at all. Who knows? It does look interesting, whatever it is.

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Yosheel

Since the game introduces equipment, items and a real use for coins, I would not be surprised if the new single player 'classic' mode worked more like a mini RPG.

Or maybe it is a completely new 'quest'/adventure mode entirely and we still have the classic classic mode.

Edited on by Yosheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

KO-Cub

Bronze wrote:

I honestly thought the goddess and the pacman (Yay!!!) was a fluke. I thought the last character announced would be Greninja. I'm starting to doubt Chrom's arrival less and less now.XD (Although, my doubts are still somewhat high)

Wasn't Chrom apparently leaked. And Palutena was leaked also. The chances of another swords playsman (Getting sick of the swordsplay guys. Rather Ephraim with a spear.) and especially Chrom is pretty Chansey. Get it? Chansey? Look, just don't lose hope.

Edited on by KO-Cub

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

BenAV

I'm not a massive Smash Bros. fan, but Smash Run actually has me relatively excited for the 3DS version of the game.
I did always love City Trial.
Also nice to see a few elements being brought over from Kid Icarus: Uprising, considering everything about that game was amazing.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

Kewlan

I've been looking at different videos of the 3DS version of smash. I have been convinced to get both versions.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Bronze

I only own a 3DS so it is obvious what I am getting XD I'm planning on selling three of my games at CEX to get the money to buy it.

If the Goddess's trailer was freaking ANIMATED, then I could only imagine what Chrom's would be like if he is in...
I could probably be in the graphics of the animated cutscenes in FE: awakening

@MetalK9
You know, I was imagining what it would be like if Ephraim joined two days ago.

Edited on by Bronze

Megatron: Any last words Optimus?

Optimus: None you wanna hear megatron!

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1255-8788 | Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

The_Ninja

Yeah I only own a 3DS too but I'll be getting a Wii U next year. I'm more excited for 3DS version though because smash on a portable!

The_Ninja

C-Olimar

MetalK9 wrote:

Bronze wrote:

Wasn't Chrom apparently leaked. And Palutena was leaked also. The chances of another swords playsman (Getting sick of the swordsplay guys. Rather Ephraim with a spear.) and especially Chrom is pretty Chansey. Get it? Chansey? Look, just don't lose hope.

Don't you DARE taunt me with Ephraim!

C-Olimar

Kewlan

I'm a bit sad that the game won't come out now during the summer holiday. I was looking forward to playing the game outside...

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

The_Ninja

You could always get a japanese 3DS and buy it trough eshop and play it September 13th... I'm not going trough all that trouble though. I'll just wait a couple of days.

checks countdown till release
110 days.... e_o oh well.

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

Whydoievenbother

At exactly 0:35 in the 3DS trailer, Mac was seen fighting a bunch of miis this could be:
1. Part of classic mode, as teams were occasionally fought.
2. a replacement to the fighting teams.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

KO-Cub

I hear the 3DS version plays like brawl, but faster, more characters, modes, items, customization and different stages. It's shaping up to be an improved, handheld version of Brawl, but a little more competitive with the fun factor raising through the roof as more characters and game modes get released.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic