Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 1,601 to 1,620 of 5,084

Whydoievenbother

Mega Man's Final Smash is different. EDIT: Whoops. I thought i saw it was just a purple mega buster shot.

Edited on by Whydoievenbother

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

The_Ninja

Yea I thought it was strange first too but then I watched further.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Shirma_Akayaku

Nintendo Uploaded 3DS Trailer:

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Arminillo

Nintendogs stage blocks fall from top of the screen, also things like hamburgers.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

mystman12

So, I went to the Smash Fest, and they actually had the 3DS version playable there! I have no idea how many places did this because it was never announced that they would have that version playable, so I guess I got really lucky. Even more lucky was that they only let you play one mode, and it was Smash Run! It looks great, feels great, and plays great! The first time I tried I was Greninja, so I did pretty bad cause I had no idea how to use him. So the next time I tried I was Luigi (My main) and did much better. Its definitely a fun mode, but one thing that worries me is that, even when it appeared a computer and I were in the same area, (On the map) I never actually saw any other players. One of the things that made City Trial so great was being able to attack or mess with other players during the first part. Of course, this is an unfinished build, so you know, anything can change. I also heard Greninja's voice a little, not sure I like it. I still need to hear it better first though.

Edited on by mystman12

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

3dsplayer

Unlockable skins? Gold mario, silver luigi, ect

League of legends username - 3dsplayer ( 2pacEn0t0ri0u3cr is currently banned)
Neopet shop - http://www.neopets.com/browseshop.phtml?owner=bosswario
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxeklRO7qWw

Gridatttack

I just noted how similar Smash run is to City trial from kirby air ride.

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

MegaStoneSmash91

After playing the 3DS version at Smash Fest, I'm looking forward to it even more. I was originally worried about how playing Smash on a handheld would work in terms of control. It actually felt good, better than I thought it would. The controls weren't set to my liking, but once I got used to it a bit I was playing just as well as on the Wii U version. Honestly, playing this on the original 3DS as opposed to the XL would probably be unpleasant. I was pleased with how close the two versions felt when playing. Everything feels almost exactly the same as it does on the Wii U version, which I like. There were also some characters not available on the Wii U version: Yoshi, Luigi, Toon Link, and Shiek. However, some of the characters on the Wii U version were not present on the 3DS version, most likely to compensate. I didn't play Smash Run, nor was I sure it was even available to play since I didn't really experiment with the menus. I did play some standard fights though.

-There were 3 demo units available, and they were able to connect to each other for multiplayer.
-The character select area is on the top screen, and info such as the selected characters, CPU lvl, and such is featured on the touch screen. The touch screen itself is fully usable here, but you can also move your player hand down from the top screen to do things with the buttons instead of tapping the screen.
-When you have selected your character and stage, you enter a practice area with Sandbag like in online play in Brawl. Once all players are ready, the match can start.
-CPU opponents were fully usable, and were a great way to get ahold of the characters and controls, and also just to play with if nobody else was trying to play multiplayer.
-I did get to see some Final Smashes, including some I already saw on Wii U such as Mega Man's and Villager's. Luigi's new Poltergust Final Smash works a lot like the one Zero Suit Samus had in Brawl, as it's a somewhat close range attack. He waves the vacuum all around him sucking up any nearby characters. He then spits them all back out which launches them to a possible K.O. It's over fairly quickly, and has a pretty short range. I do like it, though, and it fits better than the Negative Zone. Toon Link's, unfortunately, is still exactly the same. I didn't try out Yoshi or Sheik, so I'm not sure on those.
-The 3D effect was turned off for the majority of the time, but I did flip it on for a while out of curiousity. I didn't notice it all that much, but that could just be because I was focusing on enjoying the game. I'm sure the new "screen-plants" the characters sometimes do would look great with it.

I love the time I spent with it. The wait for the Wii U version will get a lot easier once I have the 3DS version in my hands. This is looking to be a top notch first portable outing for the series, but I already figured that to be the case anyway.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

The_Ninja

It's good to finally see more people excited for this version.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Nintendo6400

Did anyone see toon links final smash? Is it the same thing?

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

3dsplayer

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Did anyone see toon links final smash? Is it the same thing?

MegaStoneSmash91 mentioned his final smash and yes it is.

League of legends username - 3dsplayer ( 2pacEn0t0ri0u3cr is currently banned)
Neopet shop - http://www.neopets.com/browseshop.phtml?owner=bosswario
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxeklRO7qWw

Mansa

I honestly thought the goddess and the pacman (Yay!!!) was a fluke. I thought the last character announced would be Greninja. I'm starting to doubt Chrom's arrival less and less now.XD (Although, my doubts are still somewhat high)

@Nintendo 6400 I hope not.

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

19Robb92

What's the third logo in that picture?

StarFox, Pokemon & ...?

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

19Robb92

Oh right.. Got a bit thrown off by the red coloring

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

MegaStoneSmash91

I was thinking it was a new version of Classic Mode. Maybe you can pick which route to take on your way to Master Hand. It would certainly make it a bit more interactive, and probably help it to feel different each time you play, too.

Or maybe it isn't that at all. Who knows? It does look interesting, whatever it is.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Eel

Since the game introduces equipment, items and a real use for coins, I would not be surprised if the new single player 'classic' mode worked more like a mini RPG.

Or maybe it is a completely new 'quest'/adventure mode entirely and we still have the classic classic mode.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

KO-Cub

Bronze wrote:

I honestly thought the goddess and the pacman (Yay!!!) was a fluke. I thought the last character announced would be Greninja. I'm starting to doubt Chrom's arrival less and less now.XD (Although, my doubts are still somewhat high)

@Nintendo 6400 I hope not.

Wasn't Chrom apparently leaked. And Palutena was leaked also. The chances of another swords playsman (Getting sick of the swordsplay guys. Rather Ephraim with a spear.) and especially Chrom is pretty Chansey. Get it? Chansey? Look, just don't lose hope.

Edited on by KO-Cub

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

BenAV

I'm not a massive Smash Bros. fan, but Smash Run actually has me relatively excited for the 3DS version of the game.
I did always love City Trial.
Also nice to see a few elements being brought over from Kid Icarus: Uprising, considering everything about that game was amazing.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.