Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 1,581 to 1,600 of 1

Meowpheel

It was already comfirmed that Parasol Waddle Dee (the single cutest and bestest enemy/character from Kirby) would be in Smash Run.

Edited on by Meowpheel

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Jazzer94

DreamyViridi wrote:

I spy Melee's Parasol but the pic is probably of Smash Run again.
...So the Parasol might actually be an enemy if that Waddle Dee was holding it earlier.

Its an umbrella waddle Dees carry in Kirby games.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

DreamyViridi

Yes, I know that's a Parasol Waddle Dee. I'm just wondering if after attacking the Waddle Dee, will the Parasol harmlessly float away or home in on you? Because they do that in the Kirby games sometimes.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Viridi's taking a break from Avi duty. Be nice to Peri. Or else...
Mario Maker Levels / The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by Auracle / My YouTube Channel

Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Pit-Stain

I noticed that we're getting a lot of 3DS pics lately. That's of course due to the 3DS version being released first.

Pit-Stain

Shirma_Akayaku

OdnetninAges wrote:

"Don't eat him. You can't eat him."

I love this quote so much, lol.

lol! Looks like Sakurai can't control his Charizard.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
Hyrule Warriors Legends

Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Meowpheel

DreamyViridi wrote:

Yes, I know that's a Parasol Waddle Dee. I'm just wondering if after attacking the Waddle Dee, will the Parasol harmlessly float away or home in on you? Because they do that in the Kirby games sometimes.

I remember parasols just floated away after attacking a waddle dee carrying one.

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

DreamyViridi

@Moorpheel - It's true. In later levels of Kirby's Adventure, the Parasol would home in and try to hit Kirby after being released.
Untitled
Even the ones that floated away could damage Kirby if he touched them. Although, now that I think about it; I'm not sure how many other games did this.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Viridi's taking a break from Avi duty. Be nice to Peri. Or else...
Mario Maker Levels / The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by Auracle / My YouTube Channel

Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Meowpheel

Oh wow that's evil. I probably never noticed because that's my favorite copy ability and I usually don't let the parasols go away.

It's been a while since I played Adventure. Maybe I should connect the Wii... Or download the the 3D version.

Edited on by Meowpheel

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

UGXwolf

OdnetninAges wrote:

"Don't eat him. You can't eat him."

I love this quote so much, lol.

This is probably the single best quote in Sakurai's PotD's thus far!

Also, this may confirm my suspicion that after just a huge out-pouring of Smash info, we'd get stuck with pictures of characters in funny and interesting positions that show off the detail of the game more than the mechanics, themselves. Even so, I can't say I'm disappointed. I'm still reeling off those character reveals, so I hardly have time to get antsy over pictures being funny, instead of informative.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

MrMario02

Pit-Stain wrote:

What makes me curious is that Sakurai said that the 3DS stages will represent a game on handheld consoles, and Balloon Trip is an NES title. Maybe they're not just bringing stages from Handheld games after all.

Also, Balloon fight is on 3DS VC.

"Who am I? You sure you want to know? The story of my life is not for the faint of heart. If somebody said it was a happy little tale... if somebody told you I was just your average ordinary guy, not a care in the world... somebody lied."

Peter Parker, Spider-Man (2002)

NintyFan

The joke pic has grown on me. "Don't eat him. You can't eat him," has been stuck in my head since yesterday. Usually I'm not all that intrigued by joke pics, but that was clearly the best one yet.

I'm fine with Sakurai easing off on showing new stuff for Pic of the Day. The amount of new screenshots that was released after the Direct alone could have filled up months of Pic of the Days.

MrMario02

Details from Nintendo Direct 04/08/14:
At exactly 34:30 A remastered version of the SSB64 Credits can be heard
At exactly 9:52 a version of the SSBM Main theme can be heard

"Who am I? You sure you want to know? The story of my life is not for the faint of heart. If somebody said it was a happy little tale... if somebody told you I was just your average ordinary guy, not a care in the world... somebody lied."

Lzeon

All 3 Smash themes (well, 4 now) were played in the Direct

Edited on by Lzeon

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon Rank: S for SOOOOOOO GOOD
Fates Castle ID: 15449-70849-36123-61987 (Revelation)

My Splatloggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

MrMario02

Untitled
It's AMAZING!!!

Edited on by MrMario02

MrMario02

19Robb92 wrote:

MrMario02 wrote:

It's AMAZING!!!

Yeah.. Amazingly fake.

And Why?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic