Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 1,581 to 1,600 of 5,084

UGXwolf

@MrMario02 We've seen this leak. It seems strong due to apparently confirming characters no one thought possible, but it's hard to say how seriously it should be taken. Looking at the characters, it's pretty obvious what the method of prediction is. "Name some characters that are likely, but not safe, as well as at least one off-the-wall character that no one even considered, before." Analyzing Nintendo's past and the way Sakurai goes about adding characters, Wii Fit Trainer wasn't really impossible to guess correctly. Villager and Mega Man are no different, and people had been begging for Little Mac, Mii, and Pac-man for a long time.

His second prediction seems to support this idea, as Shulk isn't exactly unlikely, but he's just far enough from the main cast to shock some people. Palutena, too. Choir Men is the off-the-wall pick and Chrom is the obvious one, leaving Poke'mon X and Y. Seemed pretty obvious to me that Sakurai would at least try to pull inspiration from that game, and I wasn't entirely shocked to see it was a Poke'mon.

Mind you, I'm not discrediting the leak or trying to say it's fake, but I would like people to understand that it's not impossible for this to have just been a really good guess.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Shirma_Akayaku

Awesome!!

Now there's a reason why Pink Gold Peach exists.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

MegaStoneSmash91

This stage is guaranteed to be auto-scrolling, but it's nice that the coins actually have a purpose. They could have easily been just a stage feature to add to the authenticity of the concept. This is another opportunity for strategic play, and it will cause many fights over the coins.

There's quite a bit of content in this version from 3DS games. It makes sense, but I hope there will be plenty of goodies from the past much like the Balloon Fight stage.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

2Sang

Seriously, there's been a lot of info released in the few weeks before e3. Ike and 3 stages off of the top of my head.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Mansa

Anyone else seen the gameplay of the Mii lately?

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

Shirma_Akayaku

Boxart:
Untitled

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

SkywardLink98

Will Amiibos work on the 3DS version or is it Wii U exclusive?

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Gridatttack

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Will Amiibos work on the 3DS version or is it Wii U exclusive?

IIRC, they stated its coming to 3DS too.

Also the boxart looks nice.

Edited on by Gridatttack

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

Shirma_Akayaku

Untitled Circle Pad | Move
Untitled | Standard Attack
Untitled | Special Attack
Untitled / Untitled| Jump
Untitled | Grab
Untitled | Shield
Untitled | Taunts (possibly 3 like Brawl)
Untitled | Pause
Untitled | (None)

So I was pretty close to predicting the control sheme

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

C-Olimar

@UGXwolf I'm tentatively supporting this rumour. Sakurai stated in his developer interview that they had a spot reserved for an XY Pokemon from the offset, and that they'd basically decided the character line up before then anyway. So if this is based on early information then it could be accurate

You're right, they're mostly safe picks, but to get so many right so far is somewhat impressive. If Choir Man is confirmed then we can basically guarantee this is true. I think his moveset would be amazing, drawing on different games from the Rhythm Paradise series. Loving that series, and quirky characters, I would love this character in the final game.

If the rest of this list was the rest of the newcomers, would you be happy? I for one would be, despite disappointment over no Isaac. The character roster would then be filled out by veterans - Falcon, Falco, Ness, Wario and the like. No Jigglypuff or Wolf, please!
I think we'll hit a round 50 characters, to Brawl's 39. not bad if you ask me!

C-Olimar

Mansa

Mind Blown*

How big is the roster now anyways??

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

The_Ninja

That footage is awesome... thank you..
BTW that select screen for stages looks like melee!! D

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

The_Ninja

Thanks again, that looks so kewl
It makes me real excited for 3 october, when I'll get this game and play online.

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

The_Ninja

Even more!

HYPED!
Megaman's final smash included!
Last one, I swear! Greninja's final smash looks the excact same as on Wii U! And it looks great!

EDIT: I found more but if I post em all it's spam. Scroll down: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=smash+bros+3ds

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.