Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 1,561 to 1,580 of 5,084

The_Ninja

12 days till E3!!!! WOOT

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Captain_Toad

For those who wanna know who the heck these guys are that're playing in the smash Invitational. (courtesy of @Johnknight1 of ign.)

johnknight1 wrote:

"Ken - The best melee player from 2002-2006, who teamed with Isai to win essentially every singles and doubles tournament for over 4 years. He invented the famous "Ken Combo" for Marth, and is probably the 2nd or 3rd most historic Melee player ever. He also was on one season of Survivor.

Korean DJ - One of the best players for over half a decade in Melee. A top Sheik/Fox/Marth player who dominated with his aggression.

HugS - The top Samus player in Melee for over a decade, who has beaten pretty much every top player in tournament.

Zero - A top Melee and very top Brawl player, who came in 2nd at APEX 2014 in Brawl (the biggest Brawl tournament of the year). He is pretty good at all the smash games, actually.

PewPewU - Best Marth on the planet in Melee now, and is considered one of the top 10 players in the world at Melee right now. He's a rising star.

Hungrybox - The best Melee Jigglypuff on the planet and one of the best 4 or 5 players in the world at Melee. He won APEX 2010, and has been a force for years and years and years.

Dr. Pee Pee - The winner of APEX 2014 (the biggest Melee tournament of the year so far), and the best Falco in the world, or really, ever. He's one of the 3 or 4 player players on the planet.

Milktea: A top teams player and a pillar of the Melee community.

Lilo: An underrated player in SoCal, the most stacked region for Melee since forever.

aMSa - The best Melee Yoshi player in the world who made a character that looked like one of the worst look like one of the best.

DJ Nintendo - One of the best Mario/Marth/tons of low tier character players ever. He's awesome.

MacD - Possibly the best US Peach player. One of the best players in SoCal, the most stacked region for Melee.

Toph - One of the best Melee players in NorCal, the 2nd most stacked region for Melee. Also one of the best commentators for Melee.

Announcers:

Prog - THE VOICE OF SMASH!!! HE'S THE BEST AT EVERYTHING!!! HIS PASSION IS ADDICTIVE!!! POSSIBLY THE BEST VIDEO GAME COMMENTATOR IN THE BUSINESS!!!

Scar - He killed Mufasa. One of the best Captain Falcon players ever and a great guy. HE'S ALSO SELLS MOMENTS SO WELL AND LOVES THE GAME!!!

D1 - THE LEGEND! HE'S SO AWESOME AND HAS THE SWAG!!! HE'S GOT ALL THE HYPE!!!!"

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

MAN1AC

DestinyMan wrote:

@Rosalina: It was a response to both my mistake and your post.

I find it strange how Smash Bros. 3DS gets significantly less attention around here than the Wii U version. Sure, the Wii U version gets more Pic of the Days and when something new is revealed, it's revealed in the Wii U version, but the 3DS version is releasing first.

Its not hard to see why the Wii U version is getting pushed more by Nintendo and why that's the one most people are hyped for.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

Dodger

I have no Wii U and no way to get one for at least another year and a half, so my family is getting at least 3 copies of the 3DS game. So I am excited for the 3DS version. We put so much time into Brawl.

My wishlist:

Veterans
Mr. Game and Watch
My main. Plus, I like G&W games.
Wario
I like a lot of Wario games and my little sister hates him with a passion.
Ganondorf
This roster needs more villains. There is so much potential for a Ganondorf moveset based off of his boss fights in OoT and TP. Anything other than Captain Falcon 2.
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Ness

New Challengers

Mii
This one seems obvious to me. The ability to play as a mii has worked so well in Mario Kart and Wii Sports. Up+B Parachute (WSR Dogfighting Sends you straight up and lets you float down, closing it puts you into a helpless state) Side+B Baseball Bat (WS Baseball Reflects enemy projectiles back at them) Neutral+B Tennis Ball (WS Tennis Hold B and let go to throw ball in air, hitting anyone above. If it doesn't hit anyone, press B while holding any direction when it comes down to hit it at enemies) Down+B Bowling Ball (WS Bowling Mii picks up a bowling ball as an item, can't create another until first is gone. Anyone can pick up bowling ball and use it. In midair, bowling ball falls straight down. On ground, it rolls along the ground, damaging anyone it hits in a straight line until it loses momentum)

Thankfully for you, that is the only character that I have thought of a moveset for. They would have to pick a hight and weight so there is one hitbox for all miis but that would be the only problem. Kirby would be easy. Just give him tennis ball and the face of the mii he swallows.

Shulk
I really need to play more Xenoblade, but I have played enough to think that Shulk would be a great character.

Amaterasu
Both Okami games have been on Nintendo systems. But this is unlikely.

Bowser Jr.
I know nobody likes him because the koopalings are supposedly better. But I have a lot more love for Mario Galaxy then Mario World. I think a lightweight fire breathing character would be fun.

Tingle
About the only choice for a new Zelda character. It would give people who like him a chance to play as him and people who don't like him can set him as player 2 in training mode. He has had two games as a protagonist, I suppose.

Dodger

MegaStoneSmash91

This is a nice little feature. The red crosshair-like borders almost seem to scream "Murder this jerk, you highlighted them for a reason!". Gives new meaning to the phrase "target acquired". I wonder if you can customize these in some way. Also, I had a feeling the damage percentages and such would all be on the bottom screen, as it makes sense.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

MAN1AC

I like how he decided to use the 2nd screen in the game.
Is the square around Samus the player highlighting themselves or is that Mario locking in on the opponent?

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

DreamyViridi

@MAN1AC - Most likely the latter. In Brawl online, players always saw themselves as Player 1 even if they were truly P2/P3/P4. Since players have their own screen for Smash Bros. 3DS, I assume that's the same case here, so yeah; I think it's Mario targeting Samus.
Untitled

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

The_Ninja

Cool. I'm just so hyped for E3. I wouldn't actually mind if there wasn't a new character reveal. All I want is a release date and info on the modes.

The_Ninja

Mansa

What if one of toon links alternate costume was a mii with out legs, using the sword and sheild from find Mii. XP

I'm sorry, it has just popped in my mind. XD

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

Shirma_Akayaku

Some filler from Sakurai. He sure is a weird guy...

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Whydoievenbother

Untitled This is why balloon fighter should be in SSB4!!

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

UGXwolf

I do not agree. Besides, flippers have been confirmed as a stage hazard and Villager is using the balloons, already.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

The_Ninja

So? Don't Toon Link and Link use the same sword? IMO, Balloon Fighter would be awesome!

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

Eel

NintendoMonkey wrote:

So? Don't Toon Link and Link use the same sword?

See, when you take the one only thing that makes a character special, and give it to another one, that means you have no interest in adding the original character.

Villager is already here to represent both Animal Crossing and balloon fight.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

The_Ninja

Only because of his Up B? If he IS representing balloon fight, then why doesn't he have more moves and abilities from that game?

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

Eel

Because there's nothing else of importance in that game that would warrant using up another move slot in the Villager, of course.

Bloop.

FriedSquid

NintendoMonkey wrote:

Only because of his Up B? If he IS representing balloon fight, then why doesn't he have more moves and abilities from that game?

because he's an Animal Crossing character. The Up+B is an homage to Balloon Fight. If they really wanted to pay an homage to Balloon Fight, then they would have made him a fighter and given Villager some other Up+B. However, so far it's clear that all Balloon Fight is getting is a stage and a move. Sorry.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Eel

Not to mention that Animal Crossing also has a story with balloons.

Consider Balloon Fight lucky that they actually decided to represent the game with this character instead of just, say, making his up-B a normal Animal Crossing gift balloon.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Whydoievenbother

Okay maybe it isn't happening. But he still would be a great Fighter. Anyways, here's a rumor about the newcomers in SSB4. Seems legit cuz most of the newcomers that we know about were in that rumor.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_rumors#E3_2013_leak

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.