Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 5,084

Whydoievenbother

Stg123 wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Randomname19 wrote:

This is why I don't like Smash Run:
Untitled

I'm actually very excited for smash run (crossing fingers for online). Although I am curious to see what more speed boosts would do to sonic. faster attacks maybe?

Edit: I just had a thought about sonic in smash run. Sonic would have an advantage right at the beginning of the game because his speed is basically maxed out already. He might be a cheap Smash run fighter.

Making Sonic faster is just one strategy a player could use. Some people may elect to make a character's strengths even stronger or you could focus on improving weaknesses. I don't think either is unfair, in fact, I think this will be what makes Smash Run fun and interesting, different people will have different strategies and every match will be different.

And I am not 100% sure, but I think there will be different paths to take so faster characters don't always have the advantage.

That pic is why i'll just be bowser: He'll be fast, but not so fast that he's hard to control. the same goes for his jumping.
@stg123 I think nintendo would rather make different enemies have better odds of dropping certain things(such as Tac dropping more speed points and Goomba dropping more Jump points).

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

MegaStoneSmash91

Wait....@DestinyMan hasn't posted the Pic of the Day here yet? That's odd. It features an interesting little change to how team colors will work, at least on the 3DS version.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Shirma_Akayaku

This is great, and this also means that players can't pick the same color now, just like in regular mode. No 2 red Marios now, they gotta be different.

Doesn't this mean that you'll be forced to play with outlines now?
Also, what about the Wii U version, there's no outlines, so they might force the team colors.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Jazzer94

The screen is quite small on the 3DS so I'm not sure if this will work well on Wii U I'm all for it.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

DreamyViridi

Heh, someone made a funny comment on the outlines.
Untitled

Yeah, I like the team outlines. Now I can play as Red Team Luigi without wearing pink all of the time.
I hope the Wii U version has these too.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

MegaStoneSmash91

@DestinyMan I knew there was some explanation. It's not like you to forget posting it.

The team outlines is a great idea, but what if you have the outlines turned off? Does it force them upon you in team battles, or will you be able to switch between this and old-style teams? Still very cool, and now I don't have to use Mario's ugly green costume when on the green team. In fact, I can always use my favorite costumes with this feature.

Ike's return is indeed a sweet one, at least for some people (including me). There are, of course, plenty of people complaining. I've mostly learned to ignore such foolishness at this point, but when they start bashing the character roster for not being different enough it's hard to not get annoyed. And the notion about Ike taking Chrom's "spot"? It's the Mewtwo/Lucario situation all over again.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Shirma_Akayaku

DestinyMan wrote:

Ike has been announced to joint the battle!
Untitled

He's gonna joint the battle? Like smoke the competition? Well he did launch his opponents in a trail of smoke.
I could use a joint right about now...

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

Shirma_Akayaku

@DestinyMan It's nice to have good fun with people's mistakes from time to time.
It was pretty corny though.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

MegaStoneSmash91

It's ok DestinyMan, we still love you.

Beep.
That is all.

The_Ninja

I agree... I am more excited for 3DS. Hoever, it looks the best in gameplay videos than screenshots. They should've done Match of the Day.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

MegaStoneSmash91

DestinyMan wrote:

I find it strange how Smash Bros. 3DS gets significantly less attention around here than the Wii U version. Sure, the Wii U version gets more Pic of the Days and when something new is revealed, it's revealed in the Wii U version, but the 3DS version is releasing first.

I was wondering this the other day. This version is releasing first, and there are tons of 3DS users out there, so where's the party? I think it is actually all the Wii U screenshots and reveals that are taking the heat away from the 3DS version. Since the two versions feature some similar content, the version with more coverage seems like the better one to talk about. When 3DS exclusive stuff gets revealed, like Smash Run, there is a spike of activity on here. It soon dies down, only returning when the next 3DS Pic of the Day shows up. It seems Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is already the definitive version in a lot of people's heads, so everything not directly linked to the 3DS version gets discussed there. We just need to bring up more specific topics and ideas relating to this version more often. Speaking of which, I do have a few:

Have we seen the Smash Ball or any Final Smashes on the 3DS version? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall any. That may just be because they look prettier on Wii U, so that's the version they're shown on. The possibility of Final Smashes being Wii U exclusive has crossed my mind a few times, though.

We still haven't seen a Sonic or Mega Man stage on the 3DS version. Are they going to be the same as the ones on Wii U, like the Boxing Ring? Perhaps the Yellow Devil, or the overall busy nature of Windy Hill don't work/run well on the 3DS, and there will be entirely different stages for those two characters. This issue was brought up before, but maybe there are some new thoughts floating around.

So far for Past Stages, the 3DS version has one Melee stage. Hopefully we'll see some from Smash 64 as well as more Melee stages, but will the 3DS version have any Brawl stages like the Wii U version? I just hope there's a good selection of stages from all three past games.

Beep.
That is all.

The_Ninja

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

I find it strange how Smash Bros. 3DS gets significantly less attention around here than the Wii U version. Sure, the Wii U version gets more Pic of the Days and when something new is revealed, it's revealed in the Wii U version, but the 3DS version is releasing first.

I was wondering this the other day. This version is releasing first, and there are tons of 3DS users out there, so where's the party? I think it is actually all the Wii U screenshots and reveals that are taking the heat away from the 3DS version. Since the two versions feature some similar content, the version with more coverage seems like the better one to talk about. When 3DS exclusive stuff gets revealed, like Smash Run, there is a spike of activity on here. It soon dies down, only returning when the next 3DS Pic of the Day shows up. It seems Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is already the definitive version in a lot of people's heads, so everything not directly linked to the 3DS version gets discussed there. We just need to bring up more specific topics and ideas relating to this version more often. Speaking of which, I do have a few:

Have we seen the Smash Ball or any Final Smashes on the 3DS version? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall any. That may just be because they look prettier on Wii U, so that's the version they're shown on. The possibility of Final Smashes being Wii U exclusive has crossed my mind a few times, though.

We still haven't seen a Sonic or Mega Man stage on the 3DS version. Are they going to be the same as the ones on Wii U, like the Boxing Ring? Perhaps the Yellow Devil, or the overall busy nature of Windy Hill don't work/run well on the 3DS, and there will be entirely different stages for those two characters. This issue was brought up before, but maybe there are some new thoughts floating around.

So far for Past Stages, the 3DS version has one Melee stage. Hopefully we'll see some from Smash 64 as well as more Melee stages, but will the 3DS version have any Brawl stages like the Wii U version? I just hope there's a good selection of stages from all three past games.

We have seen a Smash Ball in a shot, I'll look for it.

Untitled
We haven't actually seen a final smash yet tho.

There are more intresting shots here: http://nintendoeverything.com/super-smash-bros-for-3ds-tons-o...

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

MegaStoneSmash91

I don't remember seeing that, but this pretty much closes the discussion for that topic.

Also of note is the fact that, since the time of my previous post on the 3DS thread, 2 new pages were added to the Wii U thread. Something is wrong here....

Perhaps we need to start advertising the 3DS thread on the Wii U thread to create more "business".

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Eel

Both threads are basically about the same thing, obviously people will prefer to focus the discussion on a single place instead of dividing it.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MegaStoneSmash91

Oh Sakurai, poking fun at video game inconsistencies. This looks like a great item, and it was put to very good use by Little Mac in the Smash Direct. He's probably one of the characters who should nab this thing right away. I wonder how long it lasts, assuming it's a timed item. Maybe it has a limited amount of fuel and it disappears when it runs out.

Beep.
That is all.

Mansa

I just hope Link and Toon Link have different final smashes.

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

camerica1618

I totally agree. I actually hope they both get new final smashes. The one they had in Brawl wasn't all that interesting or fun IMO.

camerica1618

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.