3DS Forum

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Showing 1,541 to 1,560 of 5,553

AuthorMessage
OdnetninAges

OdnetninAges

1,541. Posted:

@RR529

Actually, the 3DS version of the Punch-Out Boxing Ring was first revealed when Little Mac was. One of the pictures on his character page shows him in the stage.

Untitled

Edited on by OdnetninAges

Console Usernames: Rc

LOL, RAYMAN

"I'll destroy the illusion with my right hand!"

Miiverse Profile

My Anime List

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times!

The Greatest Work of Fiction ever made

I finally got a Wii U for Christmas!

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

AuthorMessage
yokokazuo

yokokazuo

1,542. Posted:

@RR529 I think there will just be some different ones since Sakurai said that there would be "roughly the same types of Assist Trophies".

My backloggery
Japanese Nintendo Network ID: NagoyaKazuo | Japanese 3DS Friend Code: 3222-6878-1834
3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664

Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

AuthorMessage
Pit-Stain

Pit-Stain

1,543. Posted:

So basically, some assist trophies and Pokémons will differ between the two versions?

Have I told you how much I like apples? Apple is love! Apple is life!
Currently playing: Zelda ALBW, Pokémon Y, Super Mario 3D World, DKC Tropical Freeze, Bravely Default, Kirby Triple Deluxe.
Waiting for: SSB4, MK8, Bayonetta 2, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call.

Nintendo Network ID: Captain-Pit

AuthorMessage
Jazzer94Staff

Jazzer94

1,544. Posted:

Pit-Stain wrote:

So basically, some assist trophies and Pokémons will differ between the two versions?

I have a feeling the Wii U version will have more just look at the difference in music options between the two.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage
NintyMan

NintyMan

1,545. Posted:

Looking at Sakurai's quote again, I think there will be exclusive assist trophies and Pokemon. If I remember correctly, the only assist trophy besides Isabelle that we've seen in the 3DS version was Samurai Goroh. One assist trophy that could be exclusive to the Wii U version could be Ashley, because she has her eye design from the Wii U game Game & Wario.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Vote KIng K. Rool for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U!
Support Yooka-Laylee!

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
The_Ninja

The_Ninja

1,546. Posted:

I'm def gonna pick up circle pad pro XL for this game. They should make a special SSB 3DS with SSB4 and SSB designed Circle Pad Pro bundle.

Edited on by The_Ninja

Pre-Ordered Super Smash Bros. 3DS!

Friend Code:1891-2599-4796 (Gamecubus)
Lets settle it.. in SMASH!

AuthorMessage
Jazzer94Staff

Jazzer94

1,547. Posted:

NintendoMonkey wrote:

I'm def gonna pick up circle pad pro XL for this game. They should make a special SSB 3DS with SSB4 and SSB designed Circle Pad bundle.

Be careful though because the game most likely won't support it.

The Jazzloggery
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

AuthorMessage
The_Ninja

The_Ninja

1,548. Posted:

Jazzer94 wrote:

NintendoMonkey wrote:

I'm def gonna pick up circle pad pro XL for this game. They should make a special SSB 3DS with SSB4 and SSB designed Circle Pad bundle.

I hope it does, or else they better make a sort of gamecube controller add on for the XL.

AuthorMessage
Jazzer94Staff

Jazzer94

1,549. Posted:

NintendoMonkey wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

NintendoMonkey wrote:

I hope it does, or else they better make a sort of gamecube controller add on for the XL.

It might but Sakurai hasn't mentioned it and we're getting close to release now.

The Jazzloggery

AuthorMessage
NintyMan

NintyMan

1,550. Posted:

Untitled
Interesting that this Blue Kritter is doing a spin attack. It didn't do that in Donkey Kong Country.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Vote KIng K. Rool for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U!
Support Yooka-Laylee!

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
LztheQuackAdmin

LztheQuack

1,551. Posted:

Why would the 3DS need a second circle pad with the game?

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Fire Emblem! Enough said! TINGLE_loggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
OdnetninAges

OdnetninAges

1,552. Posted:

@Unca_Lz

I assume people think that they'd be able to use it as a C-stick.

Honestly, I could see them implementing that, but I personally wouldn't use it. I don't have a Circle Pad Pro, nor do I have a reason to get one... Being able to C-Stick with it isn't gonna make me go rush to buy one, either.

Console Usernames: Rc

LOL, RAYMAN

"I'll destroy the illusion with my right hand!"

Miiverse Profile

My Anime List

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times!

The Greatest Work of Fiction ever made

I finally got a Wii U for Christmas!

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

AuthorMessage
Franklin

Franklin

1,553. Posted:

As Uprising didn't utilise the second circle pad, I think it's unlikely that Smash Bros. 3DS will do so.

Franklin

AuthorMessage
The_Ninja

The_Ninja

1,554. Posted:

Actually, I was gonna use it for the extra trigger buttons and that it feels like a controller in your hands. I find it very comfortable, the only thing is that it lost it's portability....

AuthorMessage
MrMario02

MrMario02

1,555. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
Interesting that this Blue Kritter is doing a spin attack. It didn't do that in Donkey Kong Country.

It's a substitute for a jump because in DKC Blue Kritter is capable of jumping, but this spin maneuver is much more effective. Also it is reminiscent of DK'S up special.

Let's-a-go! Friend Code:4983 - 5372 - 3651

AuthorMessage
LztheQuackAdmin

LztheQuack

1,556. Posted:

OdnetninAges wrote:

@Unca_Lz

Honestly, I could see them implementing that, but I personally wouldn't use it. I don't have a Circle Pad Pro, nor do I have a reason to get one... Being able to C-Stick with it isn't gonna make me go rush to buy one, either.

I thought the C-stick was pointless. I don't see the need for it now

AuthorMessage
Shirma_Akayaku

Shirma_Akayaku

1,557. Posted:

I thought we wouldn't need the Circle Pad Pro. We already have an idea of how the C-Stick could be implemented.
Simply hold the Circle Pad in a direction and press Y for instant smash attacks.

Untitled Circle Pad | Move
Untitled | Standard Attack
Untitled | Special Attack
Untitled | Jump
Untitled | Stick-smash/Smash Attack
Untitled | Grab
Untitled | Shield
Untitled | Taunts (possibly 3 like Brawl)
Untitled | Pause
Untitled | (None)

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

WIFI Game List:
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS
Mario Kart 8 + DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
StreetPass Game Bundle 2

Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

AuthorMessage
DefHalan

DefHalan

1,558. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

OdnetninAges wrote:

@Unca_Lz

I thought the C-stick was pointless. I don't see the need for it now

In Melee C-Stick did nothing in single-player so it took me awhile to find out what it did in multiplayer but a Smash Stick is very useful. That is why I think there will be a Smash button, where you can hold that button (replace 1 of the jump buttons) and move a direction to Smash Attack. I don't think I will get the Circle Pad Pro as I am going to get the Wii U version anyways.

I like to play Devil's Advocate

Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
LztheQuackAdmin

LztheQuack

1,559. Posted:

Rosalina wrote:

I thought we wouldn't need the Circle Pad Pro. We already have an idea of how the C-Stick could be implemented.
Simply hold the Circle Pad in a direction and press Y for instant smash attacks.

That's how I play on all the controls though. It's not really changing anything :O

AuthorMessage
DefHalan

DefHalan

1,560. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Rosalina wrote:

That's how I play on all the controls though. It's not really changing anything :O

The difference would be rather than charging the Smash Attack it would just attack. Now you don't have to charge the attack by hitting A and a Direction at the same time to do a Smash Attack, but not charging the Smash Attack makes it weaker than using the Smash Stick. The Smash button would also not require timing like for the A and Direction Smash Attack. You could in essence hold the button and wait for the player to get close enough then hit a direction, or be holding a direction and when close enough hit the Smash Button. There are differences and I think it would be a smart idea but with custom controls (like in Brawl) I think everyone will get to play exactly how they expect.

I like to play Devil's Advocate

Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan