3DS Forum

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Showing 1,521 to 1,540 of 2,021

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

1,521. Posted:

@OdnetninAges: Sorry, no offense. I just think it was rather expected the Final Destination-like stages would carry over into the 3DS version as that's releasing first.

Here's a thought; what will the 3DS Final Destination look like? We've seen the Wii U version now.

Takamaru for SSB 3DS and Wii U!
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,522. Posted:

If the 3DS version didn't have online, then maybe the Finals wouldn't be in...but it does have online...so, yeah. :p

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

1,523. Posted:

Who knows maybe there will be a large competitive scene on 3DS.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,524. Posted:

If Miis are gonna be playable, and I still don't think they will or should be, but if they are, I'd want them to be completely unique. Not some custom collection of your favorite moves.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

What a horrible night for a curse...

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

1,525. Posted:

They have appeared in more than enough to games to secure a good varied move set.

Still, customizable movesets will be a thing, and they would work perfectly with Miis.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

1,526. Posted:

A thing to note about customisable moveset though is that (from what we've seen so far) they merely change how existing moves work. You're not replacing moves or anything, just changing what a move does (bouncing Fireball > bigger floating Fireball for Mario, Straight Arrow shot > Circling Arrow shot for Pit, Inhale > Ice Breath for Kirby). In order for Miis to even be a thing, they need a solid moveset to call their own.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Lucina confirmed for Smash Bros.!

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

1,527. Posted:

Not only does the fact that they have limbs and cartoony appearances means they will be able to kick and punch in many different ways, only counting first party games, they have been in:

-Sports games
-A huge amount of vastly different Party games
-Life sims
-Racing games
-Pilotwings
-RPGs
-probably every single kind of gameplay style

I wouldn't worry about their movesets if they do appear in this game.

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

mystman12

1,528. Posted:

At first I didn't like the idea of Miis being playable, but I've warmed up to it. Like @Moorpheel said Miis have been in a ton of games, so giving then a fun, unique move set should be a piece of cake. They also could make it so the size of the Mii would slightly alter it's speed and weight, they would just need to make sure there's no perfect size that makes Mii OP. It also seems very likely Mii will be playable, for plenty of reasons.

Pilot Wings Resort stage
Find Mii stage
Tomadachi Collection stage
A Jetpack from Pilot Wings (Not necessarily Resort though)
Miis have become a BIG part of Nintendo

If Mii is in, I hope they don't announce him before the game's release. I'd love to be playing, and then be completely surprised to have "Warning: Challenger Approaching!" come up and then have to battle myself!

I don't believe it! I won't believe it! There isn't a pinball right here! What kind of world do we live in, where there isn't a pinball right here? Well, I'm going to do my part! I'm gonna— umm... build a pinball! - Homestar Runner (Sort of)
Future Pinball blog
Infinite Office for PTC!

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter: mystman12

AuthorMessage

SparkOfSpirit

1,529. Posted:

I don't think Miis are playable because I honestly think they would have been revealed by now. It's not really much of a hidden character, more like in the Wii Fit Trainer style of "unique enough to show off". I think the Find Mii stage is about as much Mii as we are getting this time.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

AuthorMessage

SparkOfSpirit

1,530. Posted:

Retro stages I'd like to see:

Peach's Castle (N64) - Shame that this has never returned before. This one is really fun with tight spaces.
Saffron City (N64) - Another great stage that has never been given its due.
Fourside (Melee) - With the right tweaks, this stage could be close to perfect.
Fountain of Dreams (Melee) - Fan favorite that has never returned.
Yoshi's Island (Brawl) - Obvious choice, one of the best Brawl stages.
Castle Siege (Brawl) - This has always been one of my favorites.

Shame they chose Jungle Japes first, I've never been much of a fan of that stage. I've never really liked any of the Donkey Kong stages in Smash, though. I also hope they're planning to take retro stages from all three games, Smash 64's stages are totally underused.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

AuthorMessage

TXP

1,531. Posted:

@SparkOfSpirit

Totally agree they should draw upon all 3 previous iterations for retro stages.
Personally I am hoping for (among others):

• Saffron city (64)
  • Great Bay (Melee)
  • Pokémon Stadium (Melee)
  • Green Greens (Melee)
  • Pirate Ship (Brawl)

No idea of the chances of these actually occurring but would love to see them back

3ds friend code: 3797-7196-9612

AuthorMessage

OdnetninAges

1,532. Posted:

I'll make a full list later, but off the top of my head, the stages I'd most like to see return from each game are:

Saffron City (N64)
Fourside (Melee)
WarioWare, Inc. (Brawl)

Console Usernames: Rc

LOL, MEGATRUTH

I got my 3DS back from repair!!

"Who the hell do you think I am?!"

Miiverse Profile

My Anime List

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times!

Epicness

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

1,533. Posted:

Untitled
"Tac (on the left) steals your charged power. If you've charged up a lot, he might steal a ton of it. Chase after him quickly to get it back!!"

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

1,534. Posted:

Always hated Tac on Kirby Super Star, as he's quite an annoying enemy. It's good to have something like that in Smash run, though, it'll keep people on their toes.

I wonder if Sakurai's going to start sharing a lot more 3DS pics with that version releasing first. When it does release, would he still have a reason to post 3DS pics? Perhaps he's trying to post more from the 3DS version since it's only a few months away.

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage

Squid

1,535. Posted:

Hmm, it seems like most of the recent updates are all things that can basically be gathered from the Direct... I know he can't keep bringing new news all the time, and there will be filler updates, but hopefully we'll see something new relatively soon.

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
Ze Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage

MrMario02

1,536. Posted:

Familiar stages for SSB3DS:
Spear Pillar (Brawl)
Mute City (Melee)
Temple (Melee)
New Pork City (Brawl)

Let's-a-go! Friend Code:4983 - 5372 - 3651

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,537. Posted:

....I hope Poke Floats returns...loved that stage. lol
Also Fourside, loved the music.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

1,538. Posted:

MrMario02 wrote:

Familiar stages for SSB3DS:
Spear Pillar (Brawl)
Mute City (Melee)
Temple (Melee)
New Pork City (Brawl)

I honestly hope they don't use any of the old Huge stages on the 3DS version of the game.

It will be hard enough to distinguish the characters without making them ant size.

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,539. Posted:

....I'm sure the game will point out all characters with an icon anyways. P1...CPU2, something like that.

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

1,540. Posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWyqOFUet2U&src_vid=bTZf1...
So many screenshots!

Miiverse