Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 1,421 to 1,440 of 5,084

yokokazuo

@RR529 I think there will just be some different ones since Sakurai said that there would be "roughly the same types of Assist Trophies".

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Pit-Stain

So basically, some assist trophies and Pokémons will differ between the two versions?

Pit-Stain

Jazzer94

Pit-Stain wrote:

So basically, some assist trophies and Pokémons will differ between the two versions?

I have a feeling the Wii U version will have more just look at the difference in music options between the two.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

The_Ninja

I'm def gonna pick up circle pad pro XL for this game. They should make a special SSB 3DS with SSB4 and SSB designed Circle Pad Pro bundle.

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Jazzer94

NintendoMonkey wrote:

I'm def gonna pick up circle pad pro XL for this game. They should make a special SSB 3DS with SSB4 and SSB designed Circle Pad bundle.

Be careful though because the game most likely won't support it.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

The_Ninja

Jazzer94 wrote:

NintendoMonkey wrote:

I'm def gonna pick up circle pad pro XL for this game. They should make a special SSB 3DS with SSB4 and SSB designed Circle Pad bundle.

I hope it does, or else they better make a sort of gamecube controller add on for the XL.

The_Ninja

Jazzer94

NintendoMonkey wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

NintendoMonkey wrote:

I hope it does, or else they better make a sort of gamecube controller add on for the XL.

It might but Sakurai hasn't mentioned it and we're getting close to release now.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

LzWinky

Why would the 3DS need a second circle pad with the game?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

OdnetninAges

@Unca_Lz

I assume people think that they'd be able to use it as a C-stick.

Honestly, I could see them implementing that, but I personally wouldn't use it. I don't have a Circle Pad Pro, nor do I have a reason to get one... Being able to C-Stick with it isn't gonna make me go rush to buy one, either.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Uncle_Franklin

As Uprising didn't utilise the second circle pad, I think it's unlikely that Smash Bros. 3DS will do so.

Uncle_Franklin

The_Ninja

Actually, I was gonna use it for the extra trigger buttons and that it feels like a controller in your hands. I find it very comfortable, the only thing is that it lost it's portability....

The_Ninja

Whydoievenbother

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
Interesting that this Blue Kritter is doing a spin attack. It didn't do that in Donkey Kong Country.

It's a substitute for a jump because in DKC Blue Kritter is capable of jumping, but this spin maneuver is much more effective. Also it is reminiscent of DK'S up special.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

LzWinky

OdnetninAges wrote:

@Unca_Lz

Honestly, I could see them implementing that, but I personally wouldn't use it. I don't have a Circle Pad Pro, nor do I have a reason to get one... Being able to C-Stick with it isn't gonna make me go rush to buy one, either.

I thought the C-stick was pointless. I don't see the need for it now

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Shirma_Akayaku

I thought we wouldn't need the Circle Pad Pro. We already have an idea of how the C-Stick could be implemented.
Simply hold the Circle Pad in a direction and press Y for instant smash attacks.

Untitled Circle Pad | Move
Untitled | Standard Attack
Untitled | Special Attack
Untitled | Jump
Untitled | Stick-smash/Smash Attack
Untitled | Grab
Untitled | Shield
Untitled | Taunts (possibly 3 like Brawl)
Untitled | Pause
Untitled | (None)

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

DefHalan

Unca_Lz wrote:

OdnetninAges wrote:

@Unca_Lz

I thought the C-stick was pointless. I don't see the need for it now

In Melee C-Stick did nothing in single-player so it took me awhile to find out what it did in multiplayer but a Smash Stick is very useful. That is why I think there will be a Smash button, where you can hold that button (replace 1 of the jump buttons) and move a direction to Smash Attack. I don't think I will get the Circle Pad Pro as I am going to get the Wii U version anyways.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

LzWinky

Rosalina wrote:

I thought we wouldn't need the Circle Pad Pro. We already have an idea of how the C-Stick could be implemented.
Simply hold the Circle Pad in a direction and press Y for instant smash attacks.

That's how I play on all the controls though. It's not really changing anything

DefHalan

Unca_Lz wrote:

Rosalina wrote:

That's how I play on all the controls though. It's not really changing anything

The difference would be rather than charging the Smash Attack it would just attack. Now you don't have to charge the attack by hitting A and a Direction at the same time to do a Smash Attack, but not charging the Smash Attack makes it weaker than using the Smash Stick. The Smash button would also not require timing like for the A and Direction Smash Attack. You could in essence hold the button and wait for the player to get close enough then hit a direction, or be holding a direction and when close enough hit the Smash Button. There are differences and I think it would be a smart idea but with custom controls (like in Brawl) I think everyone will get to play exactly how they expect.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Pit-Stain

What makes me curious is that Sakurai said that the 3DS stages will represent a game on handheld consoles, and Balloon Trip is an NES title. Maybe they're not just bringing stages from Handheld games after all.

Pit-Stain

2Sang

Pit-Stain wrote:

What makes me curious is that Sakurai said that the 3DS stages will represent a game on handheld consoles, and Balloon Trip is an NES title. Maybe they're not just bringing stages from Handheld games after all.

it was an ambassador title

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

MegaStoneSmash91

I do like that this stage features the old school "leave on one side, come out the other" screen edges, and I'm sure with the flippers and the infamous fish that this will be a fun and chaotic stage. I can just picture people throwing Bob-ombs and other such items "off screen" and have them hit characters on the opposite side of the stage.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.