Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 5,084

MegaStoneSmash91

I think the fact that the layout will be different every time you play on this stage is a nice feature. That's pretty interesting, if you ask me. Otherwise, it could be a rather simple stage, which isn't a bad thing. There might be more than one tree on some layouts (and therefore more platforms) and perhaps they will grow different kinds of fruit. The fruit could be knocked off the tree and thrown at other players. Since I play New Leaf, this stage is quite nice to see, even though we technically knew about it already when Sakurai posted that pic of Kapp'n.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

WesCash

I really want the 3DS version to be good, but I just can't see the controls working. The circle pad is a poor excuse for an analog stick and the 3DS itself isn't terribly comfortable to hold. A portable Smash Bros. would be awesome and it makes me sad that it might be ruined by the hardware it's released on.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

mamp

@WesCash I have the same exact concern you do, I'm hoping they add CPP support, it may be bulky but it make the 3DS a lot more comfortable to hold.

also OMG that Animal Crossing stage, I LOVE IT!!!

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

Socar

@WesCash @mamp uhhhh..........what's wrong with just using the d-pad? obviously, its side scrolling so you wouldn't be using the circle pad.

Seriously why do people still use the circle pad for side scrolling games when they can use the D-pad instead?

I'm looking forward to this one. There's a reason why Smash on DS wasn't possible to make unlike now so I'm glad there's a handheld version of the game.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

mamp

Artwark wrote:

@WesCash @mamp uhhhh..........what's wrong with just using the d-pad? obviously, its side scrolling so you wouldn't be using the circle pad.

Seriously why do people still use the circle pad for side scrolling games when they can use the D-pad instead?

I'm looking forward to this one. There's a reason why Smash on DS wasn't possible to make unlike now so I'm glad there's a handheld version of the game.

I was saying that the CPP makes the 3DS better to hold, we were talking about how the 3DS is pretty uncomfortable to hold and it might make a game like smash on the 3DS a little harder to play than the Wii U version.
How @Wescash plans on solving the circle pad problem IDK about that part.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

WesCash

Artwark wrote:

@WesCash @mamp uhhhh..........what's wrong with just using the d-pad?

The d-pad would be terrible for Smash Bros. I'm pretty sure most people would agree with that. I certainly don't intend to sound arrogant or elitist, but I do consider myself to be a very experienced and high level Smash player. The d-pad has nowhere near the input speed or directional versatility that an analog stick has. Analog Stick > Circle Pad > D-Pad

@mamp
I agree that the CPP makes the 3DS much more comfortable. I'd love if it was compatible with Smash Bros. If not, I may have to consider upgrading to a 3DS XL. Prices are pretty reasonable now (and there are some good bundles), and I could probably sell my original 3DS for a decent price.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

Bubbab5

Yeah my thread is being over shadowed big time:(

. Heads up my name online on the 3DS and Xbox Live is Bubbab5 to let you guys know. My 3DS FC 5412 9927 8618

MegaStoneSmash91

Artwark wrote:

I'm not sure how the D pad feels on a regular 3DS, but I've found the D pad on the XL to be much too clicky and stiff. Maybe it's because I don't use it much, I don't know, but I have since used the circle pad for everything. If feels more comfortable than the aforementiond clicky D pad.

Speaking of comfort, I will agree that the original 3DS could become rather annoying to hold for long periods of time. I never owned one personally, but I've played on one for a while. After getting a 3DS XL for myself, it became clear that I made a good choice. It's much more comfortable to hold, and of course the other perks are nice, too. Playing Smash on it shall be a treat.

And about playing Smash with the D pad, I don't think that would work too well. In Brawl you can use the Wii Remote on its side to play, but it felt weird using a D pad. You need those 8 directions and more sensitive input despite it being a side-scroller type series. Tapping the stick quickly in a direction is an important action you need to perform, and it's one of the reasons the D pad feels odd for Smash. There is no "gently", or "slowly", or even any tapping with a D pad, It's either pressed down, or it isn't. I know some people used the Wii Remote set up, but they were clearly a minority. Smash Bros. works best with an analog stick, but I don't think the circle pad will be too bad either.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

UGXwolf

SPARK SOME DISCUSSION!

I'm a big fan of something, and you know what, I can't BELIEVE I've let it slide for this long! We absolutely MUST discuss what kind of MUSIC should be represented in Smash 4 3DS! (There's a similar one in the Wii U ( https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii-u/super_smash_bros_caf... <---Right here) thread for any suggestions directed that way. Thank you!)

Team Flare Grunt - Pokemon X and Y
I accidentally put this in the Wii U thread! Don't follow my example, kiddies! Then again, Pokemon is primarily a handheld series, anyways, so maybe we can break the exclusivity rules, here?

Distant Piano - Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
This could be a rather amusing track for the Weegee stage. Why not? Fight to random piano noise!

Overworld - Dillion's Rolling Western
I still don't think he'll be playable, but he at least deserves a stage, doesn't he? Or AT LEAST music rep! And how could you not enjoy fighting to this music?!

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

19Robb92

I find it very interesting how the content in this game seem to be very recent. Usually there's a big delay between SSB & other games.

Did SSBB have any stages that were directly relatable to any Wii games? All I can think of is Twilight Princess, but that was technically a GC game.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Whydoievenbother

SheldonRandoms wrote:

@MrMario02 So Little Mac is a fire emblem character, I never knew that.. Also where's the source to that? 4 chance you have one, right?

@OdnetninAges Probably because everyone wants to keep the discussion at one spot. Maybe it's best to let their powers combine, and make it one big thread, makes sense I guess.

When I said Replacement I meant a clone (Character that behaves the same as another) from a different game.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Mansa

Did they say the release date yet? I'll try and get it the first day it comes out! (searched on google, found no specific release date)

Its been a while since I eeked over a video game

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

MegaStoneSmash91

It's a nice little room, but they are in front of it and not in it. Reminds me of the Luigi's Mansion stage in Brawl. I wonder what this is exactly, as it rings no bells for me.

Beep.
That is all.

Whydoievenbother

DestinyMan wrote:

The only game that stage reminds me of is Tomodachi Collection. Another possible hint at Miis being playable after the Find Mii II stage and Wuhu Island stage?

Yeah. Especially since he used the word "Bachelor" and the 3DS one has relationship.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Shirma_Akayaku

I'm still trying to figure out what this stage is ever since it was posted on Miiverse. Still no luck.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

mystman12

It's probably a Tomadachi Collection stage like DestinyMan said. That's what most people are saying anyways. (Besides Animal Crossing, but that doesn't make any sense.)

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.