Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. 3DS!!! (possibilities)

Posts 41 to 60 of 314

irken004

AlexSays wrote:

Nintendo thought New Super Mario Bros online would be too complicated, you think they'd be willing to put their online fighter that barely managed to work on the Wii, and attempt to replicate a better experience on a handheld?

Yep.

Rally

Wi-Fi would be a hassle, saying that you would have to look at 4 people at one time, along with the possibility of lag/hacks, AND the 3D enhancement, all at the same time.

But, hey, Nintendo can make it work. They made the 3DS work, so they could surely make this work.

I came to this site a while ago to meet people that played The Conduit, and I stayed because the community was pretty rad, according to thirteen-year-old me. Feel free to hit me up if you want to chat and/or play some vidya.

[Remember when things would go here? Man, those were the good days.]

Twitter:

KanrakusPizza

AlexSays wrote:

And Smash is not a single player game... So add all this with the whole exclusive thing and there's absolutely no chance.

(cough) Adventure mode (cough)

wont be on here anymore

Adam

(cough) Adventure mode sucks (cough)

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AlexSays

The heavily criticized Subspace Emissary thing?

Yes I'm sure people would love Nintendo spending all their resources for just that

AlexSays

irken004

weirdadam wrote:

(cough) Adventure mode sucks (cough)

That's your own opinion. I loved it actually, it just needed to last longer and have more explanations for some of the character appearances. (Srsly, Sonic appeared out of nowhere)

Rally

irken004 wrote:

weirdadam wrote:

(cough) Adventure mode sucks (cough)

That's your own opinion. I loved it actually, it just needed to last longer and have more explanations for some of the character appearances. (Srsly, Sonic appeared out of nowhere)

So did I, Irken. So did I.

I came to this site a while ago to meet people that played The Conduit, and I stayed because the community was pretty rad, according to thirteen-year-old me. Feel free to hit me up if you want to chat and/or play some vidya.

[Remember when things would go here? Man, those were the good days.]

Twitter:

jangonov

First, I agree that online on the DS can lag at times. But a smash bros. on the 3DS is very possible. With it's increased rendering capabilities, the processor will be free to process the information coming online, and sending it back. If the 3DS is wireless N capable, it is even less of a problem. Frankly, with N becoming the standard, they would be morons to only include support for wireless B and G.

Wii : 5234 3442 0233 5325
3DS: 2664-2106-1671
I have A LOT of games, if you want to play something, just email me jangonov@yahoo.com and ask if I have it. (make sure to say Nintendolife in the subject)

KanrakusPizza

Super Smash Bros 3DS + DLC = Epicness

wont be on here anymore

Adam

irken004 wrote:

weirdadam wrote:

(cough) Adventure mode sucks (cough)

That's your own opinion. I loved it actually, it just needed to last longer and have more explanations for some of the character appearances. (Srsly, Sonic appeared out of nowhere)

No, it's the predominant opinion. It's a tacked on mode for a game never properly designed for an adventure that has been criticized by nearly everyone. I understand a few do like it (and I certainly envy them) but not enough for a DS version to be successful.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

HawkeyeMartin

Rally wrote:

irken004 wrote:

weirdadam wrote:

(cough) Adventure mode sucks (cough)

That's your own opinion. I loved it actually, it just needed to last longer and have more explanations for some of the character appearances. (Srsly, Sonic appeared out of nowhere)

So did I, Irken. So did I.

I thought the Subspace Adventure was pretty fun, it was a great distraction for when you can't find anybody to play multiplayer with!

fblink.com/MartinR (I always like new facebook friends so come over and add me!)
Backloggery.com/HawkeyeMartin (UPDATED BACKLOGGERY, come visit!)
Wii console: 5431-3663-9818-4085
Flipnote Hatena Command: right,down,B,right,A,R,up,left.
Any Online game with a player named HawkeyeMartin, Thats me!

ToastyYogurt

AlexSays wrote:

It will most definitely not happen

Smash Bros is like the main Pokemon franchise of the Wii

Nintendo knows they have to keep certain franchises exclusive to their consoles and to their handhelds so that they give people incentive to buy both and maximize their profits.

Well, I don't think- WAIT a minute, did you say that Super Smash Bros., that game with EVRY DANG NINTENDO CHARACTER IN EXISTENCE, is a POKEMON game?! That makes no since whatsoever.

And continuing on, Mario Kart as been on both Nintendo's consoles and handhelds, and Paper Mario is getting a 3DS outing, even if it has been "Console-Exclusive" for 10 years now and the handhelds already have a similar series (Mario & Luigi). Where you surprised when Nintendo announced Mario Kart Super Circuit because you thought that Mario Kart would NEVER be on the GBA because it was destined to be a console series? Did you not ever think about the thought of Paper Mario going portable because it seemed impossible? Well, never doubt the seemingly impossible, because anything could happen. That is all.

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

Adam

The similarity is that Pokemon is predominantly handheld, Smash Brothers exclusively console, a fact that you seem to make sense of only one sentence later after feigning obliviousness to make it seem preposterous.

You'll notice that he also says certain franchises, not all franchises. Of course there are exceptions to the rule like Mario Kart and now Paper Mario, but even if it is unintentional, it makes good business sense to isolate one or two series on a certain type of platform to encourage buyers to buy both handheld and console each generation.

Personally, I don't think that's Nintendo's reasoning, but it works out in their favor nonetheless. Pokemon is best on handhelds, at least now that consoles don't offer multiple memory slots. Trading would be awkward through the limited Wii remote internal memory and otherwise only possible online, and not all Wiis are online. Smash Brothers is a versus fighter game, and that is a genre best played locally on one screen.

Your other examples work fine either way. Racing games are more online-friendly, and Mario Kart is much more popular with the average gamer, so it would sell well on handhelds even without online (as it's done before). Paper Mario is an RPG. RPGs are for some reason becoming more popular on handhelds, so it's a logical move, especially given how the 3D effect will work beautifully with the pop-up book theme the series has going on. It's a perfect fit.

Just because some series cross platforms doesn't mean all will or should.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Altkey

jangonov wrote:

First, I agree that online on the DS can lag at times. But a smash bros. on the 3DS is very possible. With it's increased rendering capabilities, the processor will be free to process the information coming online, and sending it back. If the 3DS is wireless N capable, it is even less of a problem. Frankly, with N becoming the standard, they would be morons to only include support for wireless B and G.

I know it's just a prototype but look at this.

The Nintendo Website wrote:

Wireless Communication:
Can communicate in the 2.4 GHz band. Multiple Nintendo 3DS systems can connect via a local wireless connection to let users communicate or enjoy competitive game play. Systems also can connect to LAN access points to access the Internet and allow people to enjoy games with others. Will support IEEE 802.11 with enhanced security (WPA/WPA2). Nintendo 3DS hardware is designed so that even when not in use, it can automatically exchange data with other Nintendo 3DS systems or receive data via the Internet while in sleep mode.

Last time I checked wireless N was 5.8 GHz.

Edited on by Altkey

Altkey

3DS Friend Code: 1822-0653-9014 | Nintendo Network ID: TheAltkey

R-L-A-George

I know 3DS has potential and subspace, I actually enjoyed it, I grew up with the first mario released in the U.S.. although the subspace had elements that are a pain in the butt.......Those DARN elevating platforms!(whatever they are called)

R-L-A-George

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

Percentful

I'd rather have some sort of special 3DS fighter that takes advantage of the system's powers.

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

Kid_A

It would be a big seller for the online for sure. I just can't see any handheld being able to handle the framerate that a Smash Bros. game requires. Sure, they did it on the N64, but look at how much they had to scale back the graphics.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Kid_A

110percentful wrote:

I'd rather have some sort of special 3DS fighter that takes advantage of the system's powers.

You mean like Super Street Fighter IV? Because that's confirmed!

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Percentful

Kid_A wrote:

110percentful wrote:

I'd rather have some sort of special 3DS fighter that takes advantage of the system's powers.

You mean like Super Street Fighter IV? Because that's confirmed!

Untitled

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic