Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. 3DS!!! (possibilities)

Posts 241 to 260 of 301

Retro_Gamer

These games take a lot of work to make, so I doubt they would make one for a handheld, it also just suits consoles better. I think there should be a Smash Bros game once on each new Nitnendo console, it seems to be going that way anyway.

Currently Playing:
Zelda II: Adventure of Link

Link79

Yeah if anything it should go on the new console. Smash bros is better on a big TV than a tiny little handheld.
A portable version would just be half assed.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

SpicyDuck

Neram wrote:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

I completeley agree with Neram, I would much rather the next smash bros. was on the wii successor.

This is my point exactly, for Nintendo to waste resources developing a watered-down handheld Smash Bros. game, wouldn't make much sense, it would make more sense for them to wait and make a full fledged HD Smash Bros. for the Wii successor.

For Nintendo to make a 3DS Smash Bros. and a Project Cafe Smash Bros. would be a really bad idea, considering Masahiro Sakurai already expressed concerns about getting tired of making the game, it would only mean less quality overall. So really what it comes down to is would you rather have Smash Bros. on 3DS or Project Cafe?

I'm sure if they ever made one for the 3DS, even if their tired of making it... it's not going to be watered down. And if it was, it wouldn't even get published. And if you're thinking that a game made for console will be watered down is it's put into a handheld, Super Street fighter 4, a great, full port of a ps3/xbox 360 game, with even some added things. It's absolutely possible being made for the 3DS AND being great. multiplayer, 3DS download play, local cart play, so many possibilities it's crazy...

3DS Name: Ace FC: 0946-2234-2203
Pokemon White FC: 5114-3791-1792
Graphics don't matter.

bonesy91

Link79 wrote:

Yeah if anything it should go on the new console. Smash bros is better on a big TV than a tiny little handheld.
A portable version would just be half assed.

Not quite true, considering how powerful the 3DS is. It would probably resemble Melee even.
Not saying that it shouldn't be a console only title, but please remember the 3DS is a very powerful portable.

cheers

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

LordJumpMad

JumpMad wrote:

Nope, not gonna happen.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Meta-Rift

Neram wrote:

remember how Nintendo was experimenting with using a 3DS as a controller for their next console?

No not really, but that sounds like a horrible idea I hope they don't do that.

Why? I thought the point was that you wanted it for Project Cafe, so why wouldn't you want the option to play it on a TV screen?

There really isn't much reason not to have Smash Bros 3DS, and the argument you're making could easily be applied to nearly any game. If handhelds are so inferior, why do we have them? Why would anyone bother buying a 3DS if all the games are "watered-down"? As I've said before, there would be some problems with a handheld Smash Bros, but you haven't mentioned any of them, and they can be fixed anyway.

Meta-Rift

jaffa

I won't buy a 3DS until this game happens D:

jaffa

Neram

SpicyDuck wrote:

Neram wrote:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

I completeley agree with Neram, I would much rather the next smash bros. was on the wii successor.

This is my point exactly, for Nintendo to waste resources developing a watered-down handheld Smash Bros. game, wouldn't make much sense, it would make more sense for them to wait and make a full fledged HD Smash Bros. for the Wii successor.

For Nintendo to make a 3DS Smash Bros. and a Project Cafe Smash Bros. would be a really bad idea, considering Masahiro Sakurai already expressed concerns about getting tired of making the game, it would only mean less quality overall. So really what it comes down to is would you rather have Smash Bros. on 3DS or Project Cafe?

I'm sure if they ever made one for the 3DS, even if their tired of making it... it's not going to be watered down. And if it was, it wouldn't even get published. And if you're thinking that a game made for console will be watered down is it's put into a handheld, Super Street fighter 4, a great, full port of a ps3/xbox 360 game, with even some added things. It's absolutely possible being made for the 3DS AND being great. multiplayer, 3DS download play, local cart play, so many possibilities it's crazy...

Gameplay wise I suppose Super Street Fighter IV 3D isn't watered down, but the framerate is lower and the backgrounds are bland and not animated. The controls feel a bit cramped too, but that could just be me. Don't get me wrong though SSFIV 3D is still awesome in its own way.

Neram

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3245-5802 | Nintendo Network ID: Neramclann

Neram

Rift wrote:

Neram wrote:

remember how Nintendo was experimenting with using a 3DS as a controller for their next console?

No not really, but that sounds like a horrible idea I hope they don't do that.

Why? I thought the point was that you wanted it for Project Cafe, so why wouldn't you want the option to play it on a TV screen?

There really isn't much reason not to have Smash Bros 3DS, and the argument you're making could easily be applied to nearly any game. If handhelds are so inferior, why do we have them? Why would anyone bother buying a 3DS if all the games are "watered-down"? As I've said before, there would be some problems with a handheld Smash Bros, but you haven't mentioned any of them, and they can be fixed anyway.

It sounds like you may be over thinking what I mean. A game designed from the ground up for a handheld, such as Pokemon, is what makes us by handhelds. Super Smash Bros. was designed to be played on a dedicated system by multiple people. I highly doubt even Nintendo would find it consumer friendly to make each single player own their own copy, of a Smash Bros. game.

As much as you may want it to happen, it most likely won't. If Nintendo released a Smash Bros. for 3DS I think it's safe to bet most people would be saying "Neat.. but why didn't they just make it on Project Cafe?"

Neram

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3245-5802 | Nintendo Network ID: Neramclann

armoredghor

Neram wrote:

Possibility: Never going to happen! Smash Bros. is designed for people to gather around one screen and play together, a handheld version would make no sense.

So was mario kart, mario party, and Goldeneye. Now they're all on DS or online. Oh btw, New Super Mario Bros. was supposed to be on separate screens. I wonder why NSMBW failed then...?

armoredghor

armoredghor

@brawlmelee64guy I don't see pacman in the cards or any namco charcacters for that matter. One of the creators of snake at konami practically begged sakurai to put snake in melee but production was too far along. Sega and Nintendo have been close for a while now making the Olympics games. For brawl they said they would only add 2 to 3 more characters so we'll probably see very few more.

armoredghor

Meta-Rift

@Neram: So far, your only reason has been that it was designed for consoles. Mario Kart was, too, and now it has two handheld outings plus an upcoming 3DS game. OoT was a console game, and now it'll be a 3DS game. And yes, I know it's not multiplayer, but many handheld games are, including Mario Kart. In terms of specs, the 3DS is more than capable of Smash Bros, and it's capable of multiplayer with only one copy of the game.

Meta-Rift

TeeJay

It would be nice to play against friends online using those friend codes.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

MetalMario

I would absolutely love this, seeing someone hit the front of the screen in 3D would be awesome.

I wouldn't roll it out, but with the next console coming they could make one for that too, since the rest were on consoles.

Edited on by MetalMario

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

Retro_Gamer

Rift wrote:

@Neram: So far, your only reason has been that it was designed for consoles.

I'd say also because the game is designed around local play on one screen, where mario kart was always split screen. I don't think he's saying it "wouldn't work" on a handheld but that it suits console a lot more and rather it be on the next Nintendo console instead of a handheld.

Currently Playing:
Zelda II: Adventure of Link

turtlelink

I agree with anyone who says that Smash Bros. should only be on a console. But I would not mind a remake of the original with updated graphics 2 or 3 new stages, maybe 2 new characters (like Pit and Zelda), and 4 player DS download play, and of course online play.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Kyloctopus

Smash bros is for consoles so far but I would also say street fighter and dead or alive are too.
I say retro should make a smash bros 3ds
I think the true problem is that the 3ds needs wireless streetpass spotpass play coins 3d great online play (that doesn't involve 12 numbers) just like brawl i think it needs to be double layered if thats plausible.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

Kosmo

A slightly down-sized version of SSB could be very good on 3DS. Nintendo succeeded brillantly with Mario Party DS after all! Cutting on stages, copy-characters and figurines could offer a LOT of space on the cartridge. Online should definitly be improved, though...

Kosmo

Shadowflash

I've always enjoyed Smash Bros. on consoles. I believe it wouldn't work out as well on an handheld than a console.

Who knows, maybe Nintendo will take a stab at it.

Edited on by Shadowflash

"Can you do that? Can you explode twice?!" -Spike

3DS FC: 1676-3897-8278

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3897-8278 | Twitter:

Papa_Godzilla

im sure there is a way to make a handheld experience out of smash brothers. It wont be like a home console for sure, but there is a way to make that possible and enjoyable on 3Ds.

add a Mii customizable character for it ! (character editor, with sets of attacks/specials, movement,speed,etc.)

Papa_Godzilla

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.