Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. 3DS!!! (possibilities)

Posts 141 to 160 of 301

WAM

This HAS to be the debut of Super Smash Bros on handhelds. There is NO way they won't be making one. I honestly think this will also have some new type of Earthbound Game or Trilogy. Look at the 3DS right now. ALREADY all those great games are announced. Just wait. I mean, there's a MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 coming out, no one would've thought that we would ever see that again...if MVC3's possible, anything is.

WAM

GameInfinite

<[0_0<] <[0_0]> [>0_0]> KIRBY DANCE

Unlocked everything for Smash 3DS!
NNID:CokeAlign
N3DS FC- 4313-2337-0977

Joetherocker

I think with a really good single player adventure and with some good online, this could work. With 8GB to work with, who knows what they could get on there.

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

some_guy

Do you think they might do another giant adventure mode like the subspace emissary? I know it came with mixed reviews but I loved it.

The second sentence is true
The first sentence is false
Wii No: 7828-4130-1321-5811
Mario Kart: 0559-7122-2950

Leonzable

Yeah it would be great untill I brake the analoug stick from smash attacks

"WE ARE THE FATHERZZZZZZZZZZZZZ JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA"
-some random guy online

LOLOLOLOL

I actually feel infuriated by the user 'Alex Says' at the start of this perfectly logical topic, so much so that I've dredged up my password from somewhere to comment. The multiplayer mainly - he comments on how due to no push for online abilities by Nintendo, and technological restrictions, online multiplayer would not simply not work. May I draw your attention to the online wonders of Metroid Prime Hunters and Mario Kart DS? Both require precise knowledge of where the opponents are, to ensure exact times in racing and the exact placement of the numerous bullets spilling over the battlefield, while both being directly produced by Nintendo. The proof is there to be seen.

All the other points - not powerful enough graphics, getting tedious to link up locally etc. - are inane. Is getting Mario Kart DS up to play with each other such a big turn off to the millions of schoolchildren who play it regularly? Go on a plane and one of the noise you're guaranteed to hear, bar the engine, is that blast as a race starts, again and again and again. And if you're honestly worried about graphical prowess, just go look at a few screenshots - of any 3DS game by any company. Just remember to wipe up your drool afterwards.

Just listen - don't be a doubter. It can happen, and should.. The only reason for a lack of iterations on former handhelds is simply due to hardware and space limitations - not being able to fit in enough data to make a substantial game with any graphical merit, or concentrating on its bigger brother's welfare. There's a chance now, and Nintendo would do we to seize it. Believe people. Believe.

P.S. Don't slam me, moderators, I'm only making a point

LOLOLOLOL

hylianhalcyon

I'd take Smash on a console over a handheld version any day. The greatest aspect of the Smash Bros. series is the local multiplayer. Me and my friends have an absolute blast when we get together and play Brawl, and with a handheld version that is completely lost. I'd still likely buy a 3DS installment, but with the very high hopes of one coming out for Nintendo's next console.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and cultural heritage for profit, or as an exercise of power, are barbarians." - George Lucas, 1988

irken004

hylianhalcyon wrote:

The greatest aspect of the Smash Bros. series is the local multiplayer. Me and my friends have an absolute blast when we get together and play Brawl, and with a handheld version that is completely lost.

... But the 3DS has wireless local multiplayer... why wouldn't that work?

KanrakusPizza

irken004 wrote:

hylianhalcyon wrote:

The greatest aspect of the Smash Bros. series is the local multiplayer. Me and my friends have an absolute blast when we get together and play Brawl, and with a handheld version that is completely lost.

... But the 3DS has wireless local multiplayer... why wouldn't that work?

I dont know about your DS/DSi, but my DSis local multiplayer is HORRIBLE. I can see how that would ruin the game if other people have that problem.

Edited on by KanrakusPizza

wont be on here anymore

hylianhalcyon

It would work. And it would also require everyone to actually have a 3DS and also possibly their own copy of the game. That isn't exactly convenient. If I have some friends over, and they don't really game, then the chances of them having a 3DS is pretty much zero. Good thing I got that handheld Smash Bros. sitting in my 3DS that we can all play, with rotation and tourney mode and all.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and cultural heritage for profit, or as an exercise of power, are barbarians." - George Lucas, 1988

GameInfinite

Joetherocker wrote:

I think with a really good single player adventure and with some good online, this could work. With 8GB to work with, who knows what they could get on there.

Yeah,Don't even want the Subspace Emissary

N3DS FC- 4313-2337-0977

GameInfinite

Nickno wrote:

Well, now that it's got gcn/wii like graphics and an analog stick, wouldn't Smash Bros. fit perfectly on it? THAT WOULD BE EPIC!!! like yarn and mice.
UPDATE: This is just a discussion of the POSSIBILITY of a Smash Bros. game coming to the 3DS (NOT DS!!!). It ain't real. (some people been think'n that XD)

It's gcn/ps2 graphics

N3DS FC- 4313-2337-0977

Leonzable

MrMushroom987 wrote:

Nickno wrote:

Well, now that it's got gcn/wii like graphics

It's gcn/ps2 graphics

It's good dreamcast graphics

"WE ARE THE FATHERZZZZZZZZZZZZZ JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA"
-some random guy online

LordJumpMad

Nope, not going to happen.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

LucinaSmash

If you read my latest Nintendo Victims Unit episode, you'll already know what I want for the next Smash Bros game.

There should be a mode that features the entire game in card battling form.

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

TheInstantGamer

JumpMad wrote:

Nope, not going to happen.

Without reasons to support that opinion I don't care what you think, even if AlexSays tottaly opposed the idea at least he gave reasons, I find it annoying when people express an opnion without giving reasons

I got a sexy deep v-neck and I'm not afraid to use it XD

Aviator

@TIG Welcome to NL.

Jump always makes comments like that, don't worry about it.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Lordy

Wouldn't you just as soon play Brawl? Chances are, it'll be practically the same game. Except 3-D.

Lordy

Joeynator3000

To me I just have the feeling that its not going to happen...I am hoping for it, but...

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.