Forums

Topic: Super Mario!

Posts 801 to 820 of 863

TKOWL

(Possible SPOILER)
Beat the S8-Crown level today with both Mario and Luigi, and boy was it difficult. But now that I have 100% this game, I can truly call this the best portable Mario I've ever played. A bit short, even with the bonus levels, but still uber-fun.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter:

Moco_Loco

@Birdman13: Thanks, will try that. As a veteran of Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi games, I should have thought of that...but didn't. I have made it past the warp pipe twice now using another trick that's harder to explain, but I think I should be able to do it more consistently your way.

Moco Loco
If you find yourself spiritually drifting (as I was for far too many years), remember that Jesus can and will walk across the water to reach you and bring you back to shore.

shingi_70

Just got the game today and at the end of world. I must say the game can be alittle overwhemling in scope. Just wanting to walk around and explore while still trying to hit the finish. 3-4 is my favorite snow far and I saw a whole another path (im guessing the straight forward way) that I didn't even take. The 3D is good and subtle and the best part was in 3-5 where a drill came out out of one of the ships and killed me.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

FonistofCruxis

I was disappointed that there was no boss in the last level of special world 2. Is it like this with most of the special worlds?

retired_account

warioswoods wrote:

The more I play this game, the more I love it. It seems no one can hold a candle to Nintendo's level designers when they're at the top of their game.

Same here. I was like, "Yeah, this was a pretty good game" after I beat it, but the special worlds really make it a masterpiece. It even makes the first half of the game more fun by making you scour the levels for star coins. I'm pretty sure this'll be in my top 10 favorite games list by the time I'm done with it.

retired_account

CowLaunch

Birdman13 wrote:

@CowLaunch - Once you've unlocked Luigi, there should be a small Mario and/or Luigi symbol in the bottom right corner of the screen near where you can see if you've gotten a golden flagpole for that level to show you what levels you've beaten with Mario/Luigi/both.

I must be missing something really obvious. I can't see any symbol next to the golden flag, only a Mario/Luigi circle on the touchscreen to switch between the 2 characters.

CowLaunch

Bubbab5

Me to it's wierd

. Heads up my name online on the 3DS and Xbox Live is Bubbab5 to let you guys know. My 3DS FC 5412 9927 8618

Moco_Loco

@CowLaunch: IIRC I didn't start seeing the Mario/Luigi symbols until after I had beaten the special worlds half of the game.

Moco Loco
If you find yourself spiritually drifting (as I was for far too many years), remember that Jesus can and will walk across the water to reach you and bring you back to shore.

TeeJay

Yup. You don't start seeing if you've Gold flagged a level until after you beat the main game, and you don't start seeing whether you beat the level as Mario or Luigi or both until after you complete the special worlds.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Terave

5-3, Mario only and didn't get all of the Star Coins.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

Shane904

You know how the music in SM3DL changes after you beat the boss in a ship/castle level? I cannot seem to find it anywhere on Youtube. Anyone found it anywhere?

Shane904

Terave

Going a bit slower now, I'm in 8-2 now.

woodlin37

Just a quick post to ask is it just me but i find Mario 3d land pretty boring to play? im a huge Mario fan also by the way, but theres just something about this game that makes me only want to play a few levels at a time, i find it pretty boring really, thoughts?

Twitter = @woodlin37G

Twitter:

Terave

I don't think it's boring at all... I think it's fresh mix of new 2.5D level gameplay, with old Mario games references.

Edited on by Terave

TeeJay

woodlin37 wrote:

Just a quick post to ask is it just me but i find Mario 3d land pretty boring to play? im a huge Mario fan also by the way, but theres just something about this game that makes me only want to play a few levels at a time, i find it pretty boring really, thoughts?

Have you reached the post game yet? It starts getting more exciting around there.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Kingbuilder

Potential Spoilers

In each special world, how many of the levels are entirely new and not just added challenges on previously completed levels?

I also need some help with the whereabouts of the second Star Coin in S2-3

Edited on by Kingbuilder

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

LordTendoboy

Kingbuilder wrote:

Potential Spoilers

In each special world, how many of the levels are entirely new and not just added challenges on previously completed levels?

About 50% new levels, 50% are added challenges on previous levels.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.