Forums

Topic: Super Mario!

Posts 781 to 800 of 863

shingi_70

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Dark_TeeJay wrote:

This is hilarious. I was just thinking yesterday about how 3DS graphics look better than PSP graphics. Only by a little bit, though.

The textures are much better, and the polygon count is a little higher, but that's about it.

Also take into account that the system has to render the game twice. It should be possible to use all the 3DS power to make a near Vita level game if you were to make a game with no 3D.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Geonjaha

^ I ordered it via Amazon and im in the UK
The game is great. I've beaten the normal 8 worlds and got all star coins in every level before moving onto the special 8 worlds.
I'm just rushing through the special worlds at the moment (actually just jumping from each boss level because I have so many star coins - I'll go back to do the other levels later ).

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Tare

Eureka wrote:

pntjr wrote:

jtt235 wrote:

this game would be perfect if it had a stronger story line and about 10 levels per world

Mario with an actual storyline? That's a recipe for disaster.

Except for the RPGs of course, lol

Yeah I thought Paper Mario(s) and superstar saga and inside story were awesome. Not much of a story, but still really enjoyable.

Thaaaaaanks for noticin' me.

ChaosTheChao

Just got this game and it is AMAZING! I heard that you can do the unlimited 1-ups trick. How?

No other thing could ever match the cuteness of Chao.
It pays to have your own opinion.
Former username: JakeTheChao
My Consoles : Wii, DS, 3DS, Xbox 360, PS2, Gamecube, Wii U
3ds FC: 1203-9370-6806
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Chaos The Chao
[strong][em]\"It's time to...

she_gamer

**SPOILER** Ok, so I have two stars on my file, and so far all I've done is beat bowser. I haven't even started the special worlds yet. Could anyone tell me what i got the second star for?

Edited on by she_gamer

she_gamer

Nintendo Network ID: she_gamer

Moco_Loco

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I played a level in world 8 half way through with e tanooki suit and lost it. I had to start over with out it. This game is a lot harder without the tanooki suit... I think I may do a no tanooki suit run one day.(except for parts where e suit is required.)

I actually consider the power-ups to be Nintendo's version of difficulty levels. The easy setting involves using the white Tanooki suit and P-wing power-ups in the first half of the game. The normal setting involves using the power-ups as they are made available. The hard setting is avoiding the power-ups except where they are actually required.

It's actually even more complex than that; for an easier time you can always go back to either 1-1 and grab a pair of Tanooki suits when you lose them, and you can also return to other levels (W2-2 IIRC) if you need a fire flower. You can challenge each other's times through each level and even apply different conditions (suits allowed, no suits, etc.). You can try for every star coin and gold flag or you can just get enough star coins to get through the main storyline.

I really think, as with many Mario games, that Nintendo has succeeded in creating one of those "games for everybody." I think a lot of reviewers underrated this one because its greatness is far more subtle than, say, either of the Mario Galaxy games. It remixes the best of Mario in a new way and represents handheld gaming at its finest. It may not be the "best" or "greatest" of the Mario games, but I think for many people it will be a favorite.

Moco Loco
If you find yourself spiritually drifting (as I was for far too many years), remember that Jesus can and will walk across the water to reach you and bring you back to shore.

HandheldGuru97

I got this Game for my Birthday yesterday and I have to say it is awesome!! The 3D works very well. Overall it is good game however I am only on World 2.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

she_gamer

she_gamer wrote:

**SPOILER** Ok, so I have two stars on my file, and so far all I've done is beat bowser. I haven't even started the special worlds yet. Could anyone tell me what i got the second star for?

**SPOILER** Nevermind, I figured it out. I think there's a lot of sites giving out wrong information on how to get 5 stars on your file. Out of the 5 places I looked, only one seemed to have the right answer. I got one for beating Bowser Castle 2, and one for completing all the levels in World 1-8 (NOT including special worlds). Also, completing all worlds as mario and luigi counts as one star, not two.

she_gamer

Nintendo Network ID: she_gamer

Raylax

HEAVY SPOILERS

post-game opinions
So, finished it. 100%. OK, so I don't have shiny stars but I'll be damned if I'm repeating the whole thing again from scratch for the sake of a little sparkle. I already repeated every level twice for the Mario & Luigi star... often thrice for the gold flag star (I didn't know at the time that M&L completion was a star). But yeah, asides the sparkle, the entire rest of the game is done, including that extra level, twice. With Mario and Luigi.

So the game was... alright. Not in the least bit inventive, which is a shame for a Mario platformer; but then an uninventive Mario platformer is still a damn good platformer by the standards of anything else. There was the odd moment that made me go "oh awesome" but in almost all cases, it was something borrowed from a previous entry that I wasn't expecting to see. Shadow Mario, Dry Bowser, Statue Tanooki, etc. It was almost entirely devoid of fresh ideas of its own, and whilst I certainly enjoyed the extra precision offered by the 3D depth (precise jumping around platforms makes me feel like a ninja), it became far too formulaic far too quickly. By the time you've reached the fourth or so world, you've seen most it has to offer of value. And it doesn't pick up again until the Special worlds... which promptly becomes formulaic after two worlds.

It manages to feel, somehow, both short and artificially padded. On the one hand, half the levels could be stripped out without affecting the playability of the remaining game. And as for having to do everything twice for 100% completion, once with Green 'Stache... that was lame in Galaxy and it's lame here too. Stop it, Nintendo.

I know I'm being too negative here - it's a good Mario game, and the first 10 hours playtime I've amassed has been entirely fun (the next 5 hours to unlock the final level were crap and repetitive, but still)... but it's not a Mario game I think I'm ever likely to pick up again. If I want a Mario fix, I'd boot up Galaxy 2, NSMBWii, or SMB3. There wasn't anything so memorable in SM3DL that'd make me pick it over a different Mario, and that's a shame.

Be spoiler-friendly: Don't quote this post

Edited on by Raylax

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

bboy2970

Just finished totally 100%! I really really loved the game a lot! The final level is very challenging and took me a while. Other than maybe OoT 3D, this is my favorite game on 3DS!

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

Terave

I've just completed World 1! Well, 'completed'... My question is: Where are all of the Star Coins in 1-1? I've got the first and third one already, but I've played through the level for like 4 times, and still couldn't find it. So, does anybody know where the second one is?

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

CowLaunch

In case anyone wants to try to turn into a statue to fool Shadow Mario, it doesn't work.

CowLaunch

Birdman

@Terave - Climb the trees in the level; you never know what you'll see with a different perspective

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Moco_Loco

SPOILER ALERT

I need help on the crown level. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to get enough height where Toad is sitting on the platform right before the green pipe. I've tried every trick I know for gaining height, from running and jumping to bouncing off Toad's head to powering up a squat and then jumping, but nothing seems to work even with the Tanooki suit. I finally gave up and started checking out gameplay videos and even the worst players I've watched have gotten through this with no effort, but I can't figure out what they're doing differently (they all seem to be bouncing off Toad's head and then just getting to the next platform; I do the same thing and watch Mario fall into space).

It's kind of sad since I can now easily speed-run and shortcut my way to that point.

END SPOILERS

Moco Loco
If you find yourself spiritually drifting (as I was for far too many years), remember that Jesus can and will walk across the water to reach you and bring you back to shore.

Placlu

Possible Spoilers..

This was my first 3DS game I played really (asides from the half finished OoT . I beat the main worlds with all star coins, It wasn't really that hard and only took around 5 and a half hours to complete. The Special Worlds are were it gets actually interesting and for sometimes hard to find star coins/actually challenging.

Personally i would have enjoyed the game more if the difficulty ramped up say around World 4 - 5, would be Special World Difficulty. It would be certainly more interesting and enjoyable. Meanwhile I'm at the 3rd Special world and really enjoying this game

Placlu

Terave

@Birdman13 Thanks, it worked! Now I can finally continu.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

CowLaunch

Is there a way of knowing from the level select screen which levels you have finished with Mario and Luigi?

CowLaunch

Birdman

@Moco_Loco - Try jumping at the precise moment you land on the Toad's head; if you have a Tanooki Suit equipped, flutter on to the warp pipe, but if not, you'll need the forward momentum from your previous jump to make it.

@CowLaunch - Once you've unlocked Luigi, there should be a small Mario and/or Luigi symbol in the bottom right corner of the screen near where you can see if you've gotten a golden flagpole for that level to show you what levels you've beaten with Mario/Luigi/both.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

FonistofCruxis

I beat this game and started the special worlds yesterday. Overall, I think this is a very good game but its not in the same league as Mario's other four 3D platformers. I would probably give it about 88%-90% unless the later special worlds are good enough for me to raise my score for it.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.