Forums

Topic: Super Mario!

Posts 621 to 640 of 863

zezhyrule

TeeJay wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

LordJumpMad and Zez are the same person?

No. I just call zez that when he tries to troll like Jump.

Except, that I troll nothing like jump at all.
I mean, I don't troll wtf ;___;

Go watch some other trolls, NL may not have many but there are many kinds. I'm hardly a troll, or anything like JM~

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

LordTendoboy

grumblebuzzz wrote:

I feel like they made it much harder to reach the top of the flagpole if you're not Tanooki Mario. I hit it every time with no issue in SMB and NSMB/W but in this game I usually have to try to pull off a perfect rolling long jump at just the right angle to make it happen.

Mario's acrobatic moves make it far too easy for me. I've touched the top of the pole in almost every level just by using a normal running jump; and in most levels there isn't much space between the platform and pole.

I had a much harder time reaching the top of the flagpole in the original Super Mario Bros. Mario's jumping was hindered by the game's heavy gravity, making well-timed jumps almost impossible. And NSMB DS didn't have the air-spin maneuver, so it was a similar situation with that game.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

grumblebuzzz

I dunno. Maybe I'm just not as proficient with his acrobatics in this game as I was in the other 3D Mario games. It was really easy to abuse the long jump and backward somersault in those to get to really high places.

Edited on by grumblebuzzz

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

grumblebuzzz

And O-EM-GEE at the final boss battle! O_O Not going to spoil anything for anyone but I think it might be the most epic battle with Bowser ever in any Mario game.

LordTendoboy

grumblebuzzz wrote:

I dunno. Maybe I'm just not as proficient with his acrobatics in this game as I was in the other 3D Mario games. It was really easy to abuse the long jump and backward somersault in those to get to really high places.

The backflip in Mario 3D Land is basically the same move as the "crouch-jump" in Super Mario Bros. 2. Not very useful though, IMO.

Mario's acrobatic moves were much easier to use in Super Mario 64. Constantly backflipping in Tick Tock Clock, and long-jumping all over Rainbow Ride made those levels so much easier.

And which final Bowser battle? The normal World 8 battle, or the Special World 8 battle? I haven't gotten that far, so no spoilers please.

[...

grumblebuzzz

The normal one. I definitely won't be spoiling it for anyone because I avoided spoilers myself and I'm glad that I did because it was incredible and full of surprises; I want others to love it as much as I did too.

KarrotMan

I finally "finished?" the game's eight worlds with all gold coins and flags in a span of eight hours. Wow, that last level was really epic especially with the 3D on and I can't say anything else for those who haven't bought the game yet Buy It Now. It was no slouch at all and I was literally on my toes while playing it. I thought this game would be a breeze, but thankfully, it gets progressively difficult later on. Can't wait for the end game extras when I get home, It will be great. Oh, and I love that Lost Levels reference.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

-DL-

My death count was 34 after beating Bowser. Anyone else have theirs?

pixelman wrote:

lol I have 50 lives after beating the game. I did it in 4:45 — did anyone beat that?

4:30 over herrrrrre.

Edited on by -DL-

Me on the internet: Twitter - YouTube - Soundcloud

Funny internet signature on Nintendo Life Dot Com

y2josh

After checking the activity log after beating Bowser and saving Peach I played for 4:03.

Untitled

Edited on by y2josh

y2josh

retired_account

-DL- wrote:

pixelman wrote:

lol I have 50 lives after beating the game. I did it in 4:45 — did anyone beat that?

4:30 over herrrrrre.

Euuuggh... my death count was around 90. Haha. Also I totes spent 16 minutes messing around in menus, so I still win. >;3

edit: ...nvm. f u josh!!!11

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

LittleKing

Beat it in one 9 hour sitting (All Star Medals and Gold Flags, and the 3ds lies, I took a few breaks)

I finished with one thousand, one hundred and ten lives!

Too much end game content for me to start on right now, but I have to say that the fun really only begins once you've gotten all the Star Medals. Don't stop until you get everything, really. It simply must be done. Post-game can be quite challenging.

Edited on by LittleKing

LittleKing

RoyalBlur

grumblegrumble wrote:

TokyoRed wrote:

I just made it to the Haunted Mansion but then I decided to stop as I love the Boo Mansions in Super Mario games! I don't want to blast through the whole game like zoom but it's so much fun and it's hard to put it down once you begin playing.

Ooh, the haunted mansion is a good one! Are you talking about the one with the 3 doors you enter (one is a keyboard, etc)? OMG That level is crazy awesome I love, too, how much LOVE went into this game. You can tell by every single detail of every single level. My favorite levels are usually the ones underground, and the water levels, because you can tell so much love went into recreating those scenes to seem so life like. Amazing!!! is the only word that comes to mind!! I gather the levels are kind of short because of the graphics involved, it needed to fit on that one 3DS cartridge and also they wanted to rush the thing out, more than likely... because our system needed a Mario title. OMG, this was so worth the wait!

If THIS game doesn't 'salvage' or 'save' the 3DS, nothing will!! We also have Mario Kart 7 to look forward to! Can't wait for that one, either!

I totally agree with you! I never thought I'd see such tantalizing and juicy graphics on a handheld! The Nintendo 3DS and this game go together like jam on bread. Super Mario 3D Land really is LIKE A HAMBURGER and I'm loving it as the game continues to get meatier and juicer the more you play and it's got plenty of pickles, mustard and mayonnaise to keep one coming back for bite after bite.

BTW was on the first Big Boo Mansion with the White Super Tanooki Suit in it.

You are definitely right about the water and underground levels as they are very thought provoking and very catchy. The Underground Beaver level was really good too!

Everything about this game tells that a lot of tender loving care went into it. I seriously am enjoying Zelda: Ocarina of Time on the 3DS but I've got to say that Super Mario 3D Land just takes the cake. I simply can't put it down.

@TeeJay, yes, sorry, I was trying to answer the other person's question.

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

LordTendoboy

TokyoRed wrote:

You are definitely right about the water and underground levels as they are very thought provoking and very catchy. The Underground Beaver level was really good too!

They're Monty Moles. nerd alert!

I'm on Special World 5-Castle now. The game is very fun, but it's also much easier than I expected. Maybe all those years of playing Mario games as a kid brushed up my skills, or maybe the game really is that easy, I purposefully used the White (invincible) Tanooki Suit in a few levels so I could rush through them.

EDIT: Does anyone think Super Mario 3D Land's graphics look like a PSP game? I know it's not the best representation of the 3DS's power, but Nintendo could have polished the textures a bit more.

[...

Kid_A

I have a lot of thoughts on the game--too many for a forum post--so I threw 'em up on my blog. I tried to be thoughtful, so let me know what you think: http://3upmoon.blogspot.com/2011/11/this-land-is-my-land.html

The gist of it is, I'm having a love affair with this game. I honestly think it might be the best Mario game ever.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

RoyalBlur

Kid_A wrote:

I have a lot of thoughts on the game--too many for a forum post--so I threw 'em up on my blog. I tried to be thoughtful, so let me know what you think: http://3upmoon.blogspot.com/2011/11/this-land-is-my-land.html

The gist of it is, I'm having a love affair with this game. I honestly think it might be the best Mario game ever.

I agree! This is perhaps the BEST Mario game ever! In fact I like Super Mario 3D Land a lot better than New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

grumblebuzzz

Kid_A wrote:

I love your blog entry and agree entirely — this might possibly be my favorite Mario game too. I haven't put my finger on what it is I find so amazing about it yet per say, but I haven't been this pleased with a game in the series since I was a kid.

Kid_A

@grumblebuzzz
Thanks
I had a similar reaction of child-like wonder to this game. It recalled the first time I played Super Mario World--my first Mario game. Its certainly has an inexplicably fun quality about it.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

mark3

NintyFan wrote:

grumblebuzzz wrote:

And O-EM-GEE at the final boss battle! O_O Not going to spoil anything for anyone but I think it might be the most epic battle with Bowser ever in any Mario game.

I dashed right through it, but it was awesome. All I'll say is that it takes an nostalgic idea to the extreme.

@grumblebuzzz. I agree, that boss battle was awesome.
@ Nintyfan. I did exactly the same thing, but I seriously thought I was going to die.

3DS Friend Code:0688-5251-4891

TeeJay

-DL- wrote:

Wait, there's a death count? Where?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Adam

On the file menu, click the little white icon to the left of your save file.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.