Forums

Topic: Super Mario!

Posts 361 to 380 of 863

FonistofCruxis

@RYBlast Maybe they could've made a hub in SM3DL with a similar scope to the comet observatory as thats simpler than the ones in SM64 and SMS so its easier to navigate but not so simple that it only just qualifies as a hub like the one in SMG2.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

RYBlast

mariofanatic128 wrote:

@RYBlast Maybe they could've made a hub in SM3DL with a similar scope to the comet observatory as thats simpler than the ones in SM64 and SMS so its easier to navigate but not so simple that it only just qualifies as a hub like the one in SMG2.3

The comet observatory sucked. It's even worse than SMG2's hub, which I actually liked. The only good thing about the CO is its amazing music.

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter:

shingi_70

mariofanatic128 wrote:

@RYBlast Maybe they could've made a hub in SM3DL with a similar scope to the comet observatory as thats simpler than the ones in SM64 and SMS so its easier to navigate but not so simple that it only just qualifies as a hub like the one in SMG2.3

Miyamoto didn't want a Hub world. Forgot where I saw the link but, Miyamoto doesn't like story in the main mario games or a Hub world in the portable ones.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

pntjr

Like everyone said, portable hub worlds are a disaster.
I remember when i was about 14, and the bus ride was 10-15 minutes.
I had SM64 loaded in my DS, and it literally took 8 fawking minutes for me to get to my level.
It was a living nightmare.
I wasn't about to get SM3DL because I thought it had one.
But it doesn't, and I'm soo very glad.

RYBlast wrote:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

The comet observatory sucked. It's even worse than SMG2's hub, which I actually liked. The only good thing about the CO is its amazing music.

I litterally could not stand the SMG2 hub
I sold it because of the hub world

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter:

lord_hades

what is X do on this game i know A and B are jump and Y is dash does X dash aswell

i am hades true leader of the underworld. i must bid you ado

ChaosTheChao

jtt235 wrote:

what is X do on this game i know A and B are jump and Y is dash does X dash aswell

Fireball shoot and tail whip.

No other thing could ever match the cuteness of Chao.
It pays to have your own opinion.
Former username: JakeTheChao
My Consoles : Wii, DS, 3DS, Xbox 360, PS2, Gamecube, Wii U
3ds FC: 1203-9370-6806
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Chaos The Chao
[strong][em]\"It's time to...

ChaosTheChao

WaveBoy wrote:

RYBlast wrote:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

Agreed. I couldn't stand the Observatory in SMG...It was confusing half the time trying to figure out which galaxy was where after a while, and it was a chore just to navigate. That was my only real beef with the game, that and the super easy boss battles.

Well, I actually liked it.

pntjr

JakeTheChao wrote:

jtt235 wrote:

Is there a way to change controls?
It would be better to have A Jump and B Powerups.
It's easier.

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter:

TheKingOfTown

JakeTheChao wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

RYBlast wrote:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

Agreed. I couldn't stand the Observatory in SMG...It was confusing half the time trying to figure out which galaxy was where after a while, and it was a chore just to navigate. That was my only real beef with the game, that and the super easy boss battles.

Well, I actually liked it.

I enjoyed it too. I did not like the SMG2 hub though.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

ChaosTheChao

mariofanatic128 wrote:

@AtomicOtaku I agree, the hub in SMG is much better than the one in SMG2.

Yea, I hated it too, but the level design in SMG2 was amazing!

TeeJay

Jeez, there's so much hub world hate going on around here. I personally love the hub worlds. I would spend almost an hour sometimes using the Yoshi infinite flutterjump glitch to get from the toad ship to the main hub and to see how far I could go, as well as mess around with the cloud ability. In SMG1, I loved flying around the comet observatory and purposely falling off the edges in all sorts of create ways so I could get as far from the jump off point as possible so I can be warped long distances. In Super Mario 64, I didn't do anything special, but I didn't think twice about navigating the castle to reach my destination.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Adam

TeeJay wrote:

Jeez, there's so much hub world hubbub.

Missed opportunity.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

lord_hades

pntjr wrote:

JakeTheChao wrote:

jtt235 wrote:

It's easier.

ive played nearly all the adventure mario games 2D and 3D and for me A's always been jump and B powerup but on this game you cant customise the controls

Edited on by lord_hades

i am hades true leader of the underworld. i must bid you ado

ChaosTheChao

jtt235 wrote:

pntjr wrote:

JakeTheChao wrote:

jtt235 wrote:

It's easier.

ive played nearly all the adventure mario games 2D and 3D and for me A's always been jump and B powerup but on this game you cant customise the controls

Never been a problem for me and neither will this.....I hope.

TeeJay

Doesn't quote quotes of quotes
I've played the demo at Best Buy and it seems quite natural to me. The controls won't be a problem.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

RoyalBlur

Hub or no Hub I still think that Super Mario 3D Land is going to be a great game. I could care less about a hub world although I like hubs very much. I'm just looking forward to being able to play the game.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

komicturtle

I played the demo yesterday and man.. I loved it

It's weird how you have to hold the Y button to dash (since in the 3D platformers you dont have to), but I guess it's because they are putting an emphasis on this being a hybrid 2D and 3D Mario game.

Glad Mario still can do his flips and all.

komicturtle

ChaosTheChao

KomicZ wrote:

I played the demo yesterday and man.. I loved it

It's weird how you have to hold the Y button to dash (since in the 3D platformers you dont have to), but I guess it's because they are putting an emphasis on this being a hybrid 2D and 3D Mario game.

Glad Mario still can do his flips and all.

you did in sm64ds

Edited on by ChaosTheChao

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.