Forums

Topic: Super Mario!

Posts 341 to 360 of 863

komicturtle

Yeah, I was also thinking about that it should have RPG elements but remains a core platforming game. You know, a hybrid mix like they did with Super Mario 3D Land where they mix 2D and 3D elements.

It'd be fresh and new

komicturtle

komicturtle

Yeah, I was also thinking about that it should have RPG elements but remains a core platforming game. You know, a hybrid mix like they did with Super Mario 3D Land where they mix 2D and 3D elements.

It'd be fresh and new

komicturtle

LordTendoboy

A walkthrough of the game is on Youtube. A Japanese viewer posted his entire playthrough up to the "secret" world.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

grumblebuzzz

I played the demo at Best Buy yesterday. It was a lovely experience. The controls take a little getting used to though, as some of the moves we're all used to abusing — namely the long jump and backward somersault — have been significantly de-powered. It sort of controls a little bit more like maybe a Zelda game, especially now that Mario can roll, so imagine Link without a sword and with a jump button and that's kind of how SM3DL controls. Can't wait till next Sunday!

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

RYBlast

Did anyone read the recent Iwata Asks? They said that they'll be eliminating the gap between 2D Mario and 3D Mario in future games. I am extremely pleased, as I never got into 3D Mario as much as others did.

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter:

RYBlast

warioswoods wrote:

A little bit. It's just another part of the Mario series' recent drift away from Koizumi, who not only made sure Mario games had an engrossing hub and frame story (Sunshine and the first Galaxy) but also was one of the earliest proponents of well structured and illustrated game manuals; his first assignment at Nintendo was to create the manual for A Link to the Past, which he filled with additional artwork and backstory, securing his place as the logical choice for story director of Link's Awakening. Recently, however, Miyamoto seems to think that Koizumi's more "romantic" and story-driven style is not appropriate to Mario, hence the removal of narrative, map, hub, and now even the abandonment of a printed manual. Now Mario just means: pack of disconnected levels.

You do realize that Koizumi is working on this game as much as Galaxy, right? Manuals are useless these days, and a linear map is better for a handheld. You don't want to spend 5 minutes on the bus looking for the level you want to play.

Edited on by RYBlast

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter:

lord_hades

question do you unlock the special world after defeting bowser in world 8 or is it after collecting a certain amount of star coins

i am hades true leader of the underworld. i must bid you ado

Adam

I don't want to spend five minutes on the bus at all.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

FonistofCruxis

RYBlast wrote:

You don't want to spend 5 minutes on the bus looking for the level you want to play.

I can see your point but I play my 3DS at home the most and when I am on the bus it normally takes at least half an hour to get to where I want to so that wouldn't bother me. Also, when playing one of the previous 3D Mario platformers it wouldn't normally take five minutes to get to the level I wanted to anyway.

LordTendoboy

jtt235 wrote:

question do you unlock the special world after defeting bowser in world 8 or is it after collecting a certain amount of star coins

There's actually a whole new set of 8 "special worlds" after you beat the game.

S1, S2, S3, S4, etc.

This brings the total amount of worlds to 16! The largest amount of any Mario game. And since each world has about 5-6 levels each, that means there are about 80 to 90 levels in the game!

[...

RYBlast

mariofanatic128 wrote:

RYBlast wrote:

You don't want to spend 5 minutes on the bus looking for the level you want to play.

I can see your point but I play my 3DS at home the most and when I am on the bus it normally takes at least half an hour to get to where I want to so that wouldn't bother me. Also, when playing one of the previous 3D Mario platformers it wouldn't normally take five minutes to get to the level I wanted to anyway.

So? The majority of people who buy handhelds buy them for their portability. If you're part of the minority who play their handhelds at home most of the time, then don't complain that Nintendo isn't appealing to you.

RYBlast

RYBlast

NintyFan wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

jtt235 wrote:

S1, S2, S3, S4, etc.

This brings the total amount of worlds to 16! The largest amount of any Mario game. And since each world has about 5-6 levels each, that means there are about 80 to 90 levels in the game!

Are these special levels remixs of the original levels or completely new?

It's kind of both. Some levels have the same concept but are different, while some are the same levels with a new feature e.g. Cosmic Clones.

RYBlast

ChaosTheChao

NintyFan wrote:

RED COINS ARE BACK! YES!

No other thing could ever match the cuteness of Chao.
It pays to have your own opinion.
Former username: JakeTheChao
My Consoles : Wii, DS, 3DS, Xbox 360, PS2, Gamecube, Wii U
3ds FC: 1203-9370-6806
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Chaos The Chao
[strong][em]\"It's time to...

FonistofCruxis

RYBlast wrote:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

RYBlast wrote:

So? The majority of people who buy handhelds buy them for their portability. If you're part of the minority who play their handhelds at home most of the time, then don't complain that Nintendo isn't appealing to you.

I don't remember it taking five minutes to get to where I wanted in previous 3D Mario platformers unless I stopped off to explore other areas of the hub on the way so I doubt it would be much of a problem if it was like previous 3D Mario platformers and I was playing it away from home anyway.

warioswoods

RYBlast wrote:

You do realize that Koizumi is working on this game as much as Galaxy, right?

Not really. He was credited as the director, story author, and primary game designer of the first Galaxy game. For the second Galaxy game and for SM3DL, he slipped back to a more general producer role. He's still involved, sure, but it's less his vision now than it was.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

LordTendoboy

So from the video footage I've seen, this game is basically a mini version of Mario Galaxy without gravity effects.

A variation of Beat Block Galaxy is in the game! My favorite level from Mario Galaxy 2!

Edited on by LordTendoboy

[...

Neonpowerstar

NintyFan wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

jtt235 wrote:

S1, S2, S3, S4, etc.

Are these special levels remixs of the original levels or completely new?

Going by what I know, some of the special levels are like the prankster comets/green stars in SMG2 ("remixes" as you put it), while some are completely new.

If the 3DS has not been discontinued SM3DL and MK7 are awesome games, but if the 3DS has been discontinued Sony has taken over the world.It is not true that both Sony has taken over the world and SM3DL and MK7 are not awesome games.Therefore:Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 are...

Chrono_Cross

@Tendoboy
Thanks for posting those videos.

The game looks extraordinary and is definitely going to take some time for me to complete it. #Stoked!

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

RYBlast

mariofanatic128 wrote:

RYBlast wrote:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

RYBlast wrote:

I don't remember it taking five minutes to get to where I wanted in previous 3D Mario platformers unless I stopped off to explore other areas of the hub on the way so I doubt it would be much of a problem if it was like previous 3D Mario platformers and I was playing it away from home anyway.

In Sunshine, I sometimes forgot where the levels were after leaving the game for a long time. That caused me to explore for a while, and I would waste as much as 5 minutes. 5 minutes is hyperbole anyway, what I meant is that you wouldn't want to waste some time looking for your level if you were playing on the go. I loved exploring Peach's Castle and Isle Delfino, because they were on consoles where I usually take my time.

RYBlast

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.