Forums

Topic: Super Mario!

Posts 301 to 320 of 863

FonistofCruxis

I highly doubt that this will even come close to beating SM64DS but I think it has a chance of beating NSMB but we'll see when it releases.

shingi_70

Looks like 3D land in japan came with the Novemember system update and allows OS level friend invites.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

its not the full update but just online options.

• "Join the playing software" button in the bottom screen
  • Quick scrolling through friend list when long pressing Left or Right (analog or digital) <- Tried by myself
  • Friends that online will move to the front of queue automatically <- not tried yet as no one online...

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

RoyalBlur

I noticed that Nintendo hasn't elaborated on whether on not Super Mario 3D Land will have multiplayer functions like Super Mario 64 DS did. So I'm guessing this is entirely single player?

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

lord_hades

anyone found any gameplay videos on youtube not seen one yet and some have been taked down

i am hades true leader of the underworld. i must bid you ado

RoyalBlur

jtt235 wrote:

anyone found any gameplay videos on youtube not seen one yet and some have been taked down

I'm trying to avoid all online videos as I don't want to spoil the fun of experiencing the game freshly. I've also stopped watching trailers as I really want to enjoy Super Mario 3D Land without knowing anymore than I already know about the game. I want to go into this game same way I went into my VERY first Zelda game and that is without knowing much about, my mind like a blank sheet of paper ready to savor the flavor.

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

FonistofCruxis

Seeing as it just got released in Japan, I checked Mariowiki for new information. I found out that the poison mushroom is returning from Super Mario bros.: the lost levels.

MAJOR SPOILERS!

I also found out who all the bosses were and I was disappointed to find that there is very little variety in the boss fights as all the bosses are either a false Bowser, Boom Boom, Pun Pun or some form of Bowser.

RoyalBlur

mariofanatic128 wrote:

Seeing as it just got released in Japan, I checked Mariowiki for new information. I found out that the poison mushroom is returning from Super Mario bros.: the lost levels.

MAJOR SPOILERS!

I also found out who all the bosses were and I was disappointed to find that there is very little variety in the boss fights as all the bosses are either a false Bowser, Boom Boom, Pun Pun or some form of Bowser.

Anything in regards to multiplayer other than Street Pass?

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

FonistofCruxis

TokyoRed wrote:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

MAJOR SPOILERS!

Its listed as single-player on Mariowiki so it doesn't seem like there is any multi-player.
Also, the first two worlds have 5 levels (including the castle or airship at the end of each world) and worlds 3-7 have 6 levels but I'm not sure about world 8 as they only know about they already knew about before the the Japanese release but I would assume its 6 levels like all the other worlds after world 2.

RYBlast

Someone on NeoGAF said that he died 15 times in his attempt to get the star coins in special world level 1-3.

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter:

TeeJay

TokyoRed wrote:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

MAJOR SPOILERS!

Super Mario 3D Land is a single player only game. If you check on NL's page for it it says so too.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Birdman

Well, I've got the newest NP in my lap which has reviewed SM3DL, and here are the main points they make about this 9/10 game:

Level start out as fairly linear in the beginning but begin deviating as you progress.
Stereoscopic 3D best seen on the 3DS so far
SPOILER ALERT Boom-Boom and Bowser are the only bosses throughout the game END SPOILERS
Advanced moves not needed to complete most levels
Not much new content

Well, that's what they say. What do you think about that?

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

ChaosTheChao

Birdman13 wrote:

Boom-Boom and Bowser are the only bosses throughout the game

What about Punpun?

Edited on by ChaosTheChao

No other thing could ever match the cuteness of Chao.
It pays to have your own opinion.
Former username: JakeTheChao
My Consoles : Wii, DS, 3DS, Xbox 360, PS2, Gamecube, Wii U
3ds FC: 1203-9370-6806
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Chaos The Chao
[strong][em]\"It's time to...

Adam

Every level is new. That is 100% new content.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

shingi_70

Not sure if its been talked about, But Mario Land doesn't come with a physical manual. comes with a digital one like eshop games. I like this turn but what say you.

WAT!

CowLaunch

I like having a physical manual, and I'd still like to have cartridges in boxes for the home consoles, but it's not something that would stop me buying a game or anything.

CowLaunch

KarrotMan

shingi_70 wrote:

Not sure if its been talked about, But Mario Land doesn't come with a physical manual. comes with a digital one like eshop games. I like this turn but what say you.

As long as the reasons are for environmentalism and conservatism, its alright to me, I don't really use manuals. The biggest issue for me is that our release of the game will most likely not come in blue cases, Nintendo of Japan always gets the goods most of the time
My fears of the game being short on content and lack of difficulty are now gone thanks to the "Post-game" content. And reading the impressions of users from other boards are really reassuring. November 13 can't come any sooner.

Edited on by KarrotMan

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

The_Fox

shingi_70 wrote:

Damn. I always hate it when games provide a skimpy two page manual or none at all.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

FonistofCruxis

I'd much rather a physical manual than a digital one.

I just found out loads more information about the game:
MAJOR SPOILERS!

• Luigi is unlocked after beating world 8
  • Even though Mario can't, Luigi can triple jump
  • After you beat the games, there are 8 bonus worlds so in total there are 16 worlds
  • There is a new item in the bonus worlds which is the metal tanooki leaf

After finding all that out, I am no longer worried about this game's length at all and am looking forward to it more now.

grumblebuzzz

[MILD SPOILER]

I saw a video on Youtube of the entire first world of the game, but my favorite part is when the game is selected on the home screen and Mario shouts out "SU-PAH MARIO THREE DEE LAND!" I can see myself spamming that relentlessly in the future for smiles, lollers, and to make people look at me funny on campus.

Edited on by grumblebuzzz

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.