Forums

Topic: Super Mario!

Posts 221 to 240 of 863

grumblebuzzz

At any rate, Tanooki overload or not, I'm very excited for this game, being that this is really the first major non-remake game for the system. A few raccoon tails on a few Goombas isn't going to hurt the experience for me at all, nor should it.

Edited on by grumblebuzzz

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

Chrono_Cross

Oddy wrote:

This looks like the most fun Mario since Sunshine (and for you Sunshine haters, SMB3 since I haven't played World)

It'a $8 on SNES! What are you waiting for?!

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

KarrotMan

Well, I had my doubts before, but now I can safely say that I'll be emptying my wallet come November. Why did you have to be released alongside Uncharted and Skyrim? Also, I'm still worried about the 4-5 levels for each world, I hope at least the later levels would make up for that (and judging by the video, it is)

And yes I agree, there is an abundance of Tanooki tails...
Untitled
... not that it is a bad thing though

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

Meta-Rift

NintyFan wrote:

I like how lots of fans used to complain about the lack of tanooki suits for years and now lots of fans are sick of it.

I don't like how Nintendo is giving those fans the Tanooki Suit minus the Tanooki Suit and using the story as an excuse to use the Tanooki Suit as a hype machine powered by nostalgia.

Meta-Rift

ChaosTheChao

Oddy wrote:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

Oddy wrote:

This looks like the most fun Mario since Sunshine (and for you Sunshine haters, SMB3 since I haven't played World)

It'a $8 on SNES! What are you waiting for?!

I'm half-broke not to mention cheap. Also, I'm waiting for somebody to gift it to me.

Have you asked anyone?

No other thing could ever match the cuteness of Chao.
It pays to have your own opinion.
Former username: JakeTheChao
My Consoles : Wii, DS, 3DS, Xbox 360, PS2, Gamecube, Wii U
3ds FC: 1203-9370-6806
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Chaos The Chao
[strong][em]\"It's time to...

LordTendoboy

Mully wrote:

At any rate, Tanooki overload or not, I'm very excited for this game, being that this is really the first major non-remake game for the system. A few raccoon tails on a few Goombas isn't going to hurt the experience for me at all, nor should it.

It's also the first original 3D Mario game for handhelds (Super Mario 64 DS didn't count, since it was just an enhanced remake). It also looks like the true sequel to Super Mario 64, with a bunch of SMB3 references thrown in.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

Adam

Flying is basically cheating. In any level without a ceiling, it basically lets you skip huge chunks of platforming. I'll take the nostalgia without ruining the challenge, gladly.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

KarrotMan

First review is up by EDGE, scored an 8/10. A great rating, considering they tend to score games lower than other Game Reviewers. Expected a 7 myself. Still day one. Source
Here's a snippet from the reviewer:

Super Mario 3D Land is a magpie of a game, but it fuses its 2D and 3D influences to make a Mario that feels fresher than an handheld Mario in years. It's not a new Galaxy, but it's an ideal companion piece to EAD Tokyo's Wii games. Whereas they pushed up against the edge of the universe to show us what an unfettered Mario can do, Super Mario 3D Land does the opposite. It homes in, with a clockmaster's precision and a playful gleam in its eye, on what Mario does best.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

Tare

Adam wrote:

Flying is basically cheating. In any level without a ceiling, it basically lets you skip huge chunks of platforming. I'll take the nostalgia without ruining the challenge, gladly.

He seemed to hover more than fly. I think any time when you can "fly", and there is no ceiling, your going to have a time limit in the air.

Thaaaaaanks for noticin' me.

Meta-Rift

Tare wrote:

Adam wrote:

He seemed to hover more than fly. I think any time when you can "fly", and there is no ceiling, your going to have a time limit in the air.

And you also need enough space to build up speed before you jump.

We're talking about SMB3, right?

Meta-Rift

Eel

Just falling slowly seems more than enough for this game. I can't see the need to fly in the already small levels it seems to have.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

LordTendoboy

Morpheel wrote:

Just falling slowly seems more than enough for this game. I can't see the need to fly in the already small levels it seems to have.

But they still messed it up. In Super Mario Bros. 3, Mario waggles his tail to float. In this game, he flutters his feet like Yoshi.

[...

TeeJay

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

But they still messed it up. In Super Mario Bros. 3, Mario waggles his tail to float. In this game, he flutters his feet like Yoshi.

I don't think it's messed up. I think it's improved. They could get away with it in the olden times of gaming but now with today's graphics it would look odd if Mario just stayed in that jumping pose with just the tail fluttering.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

LordTendoboy

NintyFan wrote:

A couple of short trailers.

I love the end gag to those videos. Nintendo should really consider making a CG Mario cartoon (along with Sega making a CG Sonic cartoon).

[...

Simmer_E

I think there are too many tails everywhere XD lol
I see 'em on Thwomps, Boos, Goombas, everything!

Is there an ultra mode or something?
The videos on the Japanese sight have a tanooki suit with a red tie thingy
The enemies are also different...

The Hatena box looks cool!
You jump into it like the propeller box, but this time it's a ? blox.
You then go around getting coins somehow

OMG OMG OMG
I'm having an awesome attack!
The Tanooki twirly long jump looks so awesome

Edited on by Simmer_E

Simmer_E

Nintendo Network ID: Simmer_E | Twitter:

FonistofCruxis

Oddy wrote:

Famitsu: Super Mario 3D Land – 9/9/10/10
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=164738

Wow, thats higher than I expected. I was expecting at least one 8. Although, Famitsu do overrate games often. It will be interesting to see what reviews are like when the western reviews start coming in (apart from EDGE as they've already reviewed it).

Meta-Rift

JayceJa wrote:

It was still in most cases either pointless or gamebreaking, the new tanuki gliding like ability is so much better for a platformer

In SMB3, no it wasn't. In a 3D game, yeah, it probably wouldn't work well. I'm not really disappointed about the lack of flight, but I don't understand why it's called the Tanooki Suit this time.

Meta-Rift

warioswoods

Adam wrote:

Not sure I agree, but that's because I never thought of Mario levels as being primarily a challenge to get through the platforming; it's more that I'll want to fly down and check things out on the ground in fear I'm missing things up there in the sky. Also, the cape was perfect in that it required some skill to keep it afloat, and made for some great dive-bombing.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.