3DS Forum

Topic: Style Savvy: Trendsetters

Showing 281 to 300 of 492

AuthorMessage

Tardygirl81

281. Posted:

Thanks, I had no idea you could switch assistants.

Tardygirl81

AuthorMessage

Mowzle

282. Posted:

@Tardygirl81:I think the ability to switch assistants is a mixed blessing. The two extra ones that I have had the "privilege" to hire have the same skills as my starting assistant - affinity. I suppose it's worth the change if you want a different coat hanger to display your wares ;)
I have had a string of customers all wanting me to psyche their "style", giving me no real clues, then don't like what I suggest. I've adopted the habit of declining their custom if my second choice doesn't please them. Life's too short to second guess what a computer program wants me to do.
For all that, I have to say I'm thoroughly enjoying the game.
Apart from one point - I purchased an outfit in advance from one of the displays in my mobile phone and it never became downloadable. I keep getting told "this will be the place to download" stuff when I tap on downloads, but nothing ever seems to get up and running. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm in the UK - maybe the European website is taking it's time, or I'm not doing something right? My purchase has even vanished from the screen now - it's only virtual money, but.....

Edited on by Mowzle

Best place to hang out on a dull day? Nintendolife.
Animal Crossing New Leaf town - Sally and Spike live in Saco Bay. Dream Code 7900-2511-7269

AuthorMessage

Barbiegurl777

283. Posted:

Wow I've only had two assistants the one who was originally there before the girl & now I got a boy assistant.

Cool! More people will work in my shop. :O I didn't know that. I just thought it was the guy. :D

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Matthew 5:1-12 The Beatitudes (NIV)
Rugrats777 Blog - Discontinued
Colors 3D! My Gallery
MoshiMe: ymmas626
Miiverse: barbiegurl777
Style Savvy Shop Code: B49V44Y38
My Dream Code: 5600-2112-8544
My 3DS Name: Rugrats777

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2549-1588 | Nintendo Network ID: barbiegurl777 | Twitter: rugrats777

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

284. Posted:

@Mowzle: if they want you to fit their 'style' and don't give you any hints, try and match the clothes they're currently wearing — that's worked for me, anyway. you get a feel for which clothes are which after a while, and look at their budget, too, especially if you like to sell luxury duds :3 also, some clothes will fall under multiple categories (a particular Cantata Modo skirt might pop up under both feminine and girly, for example) so that can help you to narrow down your possible categories to search under. I've even had people accept clothing from another style that matches a color they're wearing (some dude went for a shirt i showed him and said that blue was his favorite color even though it was contemporary and he was probably looking for basic), so it's at least worth a shot.

also, regarding assistants — they're pretty useless if you ask me, just another mannequin, lol. i think i've had only the one girl actually sell something (you'll know when they do because they'll tell you they put the money into the register, and also whether you're out of the item(s) in question so that you can buy more).

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Mowzle

285. Posted:

@theblackdragon:I think I'm just not too good yet at telling the difference between some of the very similar styles, particularly in the feminine/girly range, which is my favorite. On the other hand one can tweak one item in a rejected outfit, and it gets accepted! Not something I'm going to lose sleep over, though. :D
Thanks for the advice.

Best place to hang out on a dull day? Nintendolife.
Animal Crossing New Leaf town - Sally and Spike live in Saco Bay. Dream Code 7900-2511-7269

AuthorMessage

florecita

286. Posted:

blackdragon, beat me to it. Mowzle, If you have trouble figuring out what they want then just get something very similar to what they are wearing. At the end I dont see the point why they even ask me to pick a style for them!
Im having a really hard time winning 1st place for "flirty" on the international contest!!! Which is crazy that's the style I love the most! I always win the hippie, boho-chic and the luxury ones. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Edited on by florecita

florecita

3DS Friend Code: 0344-9640-1549

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

287. Posted:

@florecita: ikr! sometimes i just want to shake these people and tell them their style sucks and they should wear whatever the hell i pick out for them haha~

anyway, whenever i have trouble with the contests, it's usually because (a) i'm looking at it from a western point of view, and (b) i've second-guessed something that could've put me straight into first place. Japanese style is different from western style, i think — sometimes they'll put outfits together that you wouldn't think would go, and somehow it just works. i can't explain it, really, but every time i've erred on the Japanese side and just slapped something together that i did not think would work at all, it's worked out — as opposed to the times where i really worked hard to make sure everything absolutely went together and looked amazing, and i got 2nd or 3rd place. ugh.

@Mowzle: believe me, i know what you're going through — after a while you'll start to be able to pick them apart, though. :3

Also, i totally had one of my assistants (Hazel) just purchase some sweater coat while I was playing last night, and it reminded me that she's done that maybe once before — she pops up either when you re-enter the shop or during a transition between times of day to say that she picked up some item for the stockroom and you'll get a sample of it when you get home, too. I guess that's what the 'keeps the stockroom full' assistants wind up doing every so often, lol :3

BEST THREAD EVER
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Konata

288. Posted:

florecita wrote:

blackdragon, beat me to it. Mowzle, If you have trouble figuring out what they want then just get something very similar to what they are wearing. At the end I dont see the point why they even ask me to pick a style for them!
Im having a really hard time winning 1st place for "flirty" on the international contest!!! Which is crazy that's the style I love the most! I always win the hippie, boho-chic and the luxury ones. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I got first on all of the international with one try...

EXECPT the Boho-chic.
What I found was best for the other themes is pick two colors to be your main colors. And base the outfit off of those two, and make sure the patterns aren't too crazy.

And what helps is using a lot of clothing pieces (At least 7, like Inner layer, outer, skirt/pant, shoes, purse, necklace and what ever other accessory you want to use.)

I sure hope this helps!

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

Barbiegurl777

289. Posted:

Mowzle wrote:

@theblackdragon:I think I'm just not too good yet at telling the difference between some of the very similar styles, particularly in the feminine/girly range, which is my favorite. On the other hand one can tweak one item in a rejected outfit, and it gets accepted! Not something I'm going to lose sleep over, though. :D
Thanks for the advice.

@Mowzle,

Lol as far as reject outfits go that is what the manniquin's are for to display in the window of your shop. Usually when I get a few pairs of clothes that are rejects I take all the rejects stick them on the manniquin's & the next thing I know a customer comes up & say's ooh I love this outfit can I try it on & I always say yes & they alway's buy the outfit no matter how ridiculous it look's. :D

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Edited on by Barbiegurl777

Colors 3D! My Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2549-1588 | Nintendo Network ID: barbiegurl777 | Twitter: rugrats777

AuthorMessage

SheldonRandoms

290. Posted:

I played this game at comic-con this year, I got first place in the fashion runway thing......................................I MAKE THE BEST THINGS EVER!?!??!?!?

SUPER SMASH CLASH: A MOBILE MULTIPLAYER PLATFORMER FIGHTING GAME FEATURING MR.RANDOMS AND LORDJUMPMAD!!! http://www.smashclashapp.com/

I like to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

291. Posted:

@SheldonRandoms: If you mean you played a demo of this at Comic-Con this year, you were probably playing a beginner-level contest. they get harder as you progress through the actual game. If you enjoyed the demo at all, i'd really suggest picking up the actual game :3

BEST THREAD EVER

AuthorMessage

SheldonRandoms

292. Posted:

@theblackdragon: No, it was the hardest leveled contest in the game :D

But really, this game is fun, I was going to get this, but then I got bought code of princess instead

Edited on by SheldonRandoms

SUPER SMASH CLASH: A MOBILE MULTIPLAYER PLATFORMER FIGHTING GAME FEATURING MR.RANDOMS AND LORDJUMPMAD!!! http://www.smashclashapp.com/

I like to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AuthorMessage

florecita

293. Posted:

Konata, TheBlackDragon,
thanks your tips were very helpful :)
Konata that's great ! I was winning first place from beginner to elite and as soon as the International contest came, it got pretty challenging for me. In a way it's good because I think it will be a lot more rewarding now when I finally get 1st place,lol.

florecita

AuthorMessage

Shadowfax

294. Posted:

79 hours of gameplay now. Won all the Contest (Started a new game a couple of weeks ago)...and now saving to buy everything such as furniture and make-up. :D

Shadowfax

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

295. Posted:

this game is the best! i just got two fabulous kimono sets as birthday gifts, and now all i want to do is sell asian-inspired stuff, haha~

@Shadowfax: If you're saving to buy everything, sell luxury duds. i think i've bought damn near every single piece of furniture and makeup available to me and i still have 15,000+ in my own personal money (the shop is sitting at 30,000 some, i forget how much atm but my stockroom is packed to the rafters lol). it seriously pays for itself after a while :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER

AuthorMessage

fashiondiva1

296. Posted:

Hi! I've been gone for a while but I'm back! ;)
The best way to earn money for your personal spending is to enter contests in the night time.

I didn't go on my game for like a week because I lost my 3DS and when I went onto my online shop It was like, "You just got 30,000 dollars from your sales." I freaked out and blew it all on new luxury clothes. XD

Don't you hate it when a dude wants a luxury outfit and It is going good, you got some nice shoes and a tie and sunglasses when all you need to do is- and you have no luxury pants. I literally exploded when a guy was willing to pay 4,000 dollars for it AND I HAD NO PANTS.

Style Savvy SC- S00E26F89
3DS FC- 5112-4366-8387
Play Time For Style Savvy- 94 HOURS!
Add Me Or Get Eaten By The Giant Purple Squirrel O_o

Last updated on 12/30/12
3DS Played Titles-
Cooking Mama: 4, Nintendogs+Cats,, MARIO KART 7, The Sims 3, Style Savvy, Pokemon Rumble Blast, Paper Mario SS.

AuthorMessage

Barbiegurl777

297. Posted:

fashiondiva1 wrote:

The best way to earn money for your personal spending is to enter contests in the night time.

I didn't go on my game for like a week because I lost my 3DS and when I went onto my online shop It was like, "You just got 30,000 dollars from your sales." I freaked out and blew it all on new luxury clothes. XD

Don't you hate it when a dude wants a luxury outfit and It is going good, you got some nice shoes and a tie and sunglasses when all you need to do is- and you have no luxury pants. I literally exploded when a guy was willing to pay 4,000 dollars for it AND I HAD NO PANTS.

@Fashiondiva1

Ok cool I've been earning money through selling stuff in my store in the game but that's a better idea about the contest's. Thank's! ;)

Yeah I know what you mean as well I had a few people come into my store & wanted several items as an outfit & didn't have either pants or shirt they wanted to go with the outfit. :)

Oh I started a blog too. Just for fun. It's:

www.rugrats777.blogspot.com

I'm going to put it in my signature thing on here lol. I might post some style savvy pics on there too not sure yet lol. :)

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Colors 3D! My Gallery

AuthorMessage

Shadowfax

298. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

this game is the best! i just got two fabulous kimono sets as birthday gifts, and now all i want to do is sell asian-inspired stuff, haha~

@Shadowfax: If you're saving to buy everything, sell luxury duds. i think i've bought damn near every single piece of furniture and makeup available to me and i still have 15,000+ in my own personal money (the shop is sitting at 30,000 some, i forget how much atm but my stockroom is packed to the rafters lol). it seriously pays for itself after a while :3

That's true. I sell lot's of Luxery clothes and am doing the contests again. I have now 60.000 of shop money. Can't spend that because my shop is full. Lol.
So now selling lot's of clothes and doing contests. Still like the game very much.

Shadowfax

AuthorMessage

florecita

299. Posted:

fashiondiva1 wrote:

XD I know, I just feel like telling them, trust me its luxury enough you've already almost spent close to 2,000 bucks just wear those fisher pants please!

I was wondering if taking pics at the photo studio do anything later on for you? Because when I unlocked that feauture I kind of just ignored what they said. So now Im not sure if its just for fun or if they will be useful in the future. I always take some pics of myself but then I delete some of them because my album gets full quickly.

Edited on by florecita

florecita

AuthorMessage

yuffie_r

300. Posted:

My shop is Cutecat :) what's everyone's store name?

3DS friend code: 1977-0441-8535

Twitter: yuffentine_