Forums

Topic: StreetPass Relay hits?

Posts 121 to 140 of 187

Xyphon22

To those who have seen that all these places are Nintendo Zone hotspots, is that on Nintendo's website or somewhere else? Because when I go to their site to see locations near me they are all McDonald's and Starbucks. No Home Depot and no place in the mall. I have yet to try Home Depot to see if it works, though (but the mall definitely does not, I never get any hits there).

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Ras

Every Home Depot around here works. The only caveat is I usually get the same people day after day, which I think means it is storing the six and nobody has replaced them yet. It works out for me as far as Animal Crossing is concerned, because I'm trying to get the little gizmos that you get from seeing the same people multiple times. I think I'm due the pinwheel the next time I see the one guy.

But, I got 20 one day, and something like 16 today (from two Home Depots for the 16).

As for the mall, that's a big bust. I walked all around and even went in GameStop and got nothing. I even passed people playing on 3DSes (and tried to linger around long enough for a pass) and it didn't work. Listen to Joe about Home Depot. Apparently, Razzoo's Cajun Restaurant isn't outside of the Dallas area, but it's a pretty good spot for me, too. About 7 from there.

Edited on by Ras

Ras

Spoony_Tech

@Ras Like I said in a eariler post if they were playing ds games say Pokemon Black White then street pass will not work. Or they simply didn't set up there plaza yet! I've also had plenty of game passes but no plaza pass which ticks me off but what can I do! I've got use to it actually as it happens about every tenth time!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

bezerker99

Ras wrote:

Every Home Depot around here works. The only caveat is I usually get the same people day after day, which I think means it is storing the six and nobody has replaced them yet. It works out for me as far as Animal Crossing is concerned, because I'm trying to get the little gizmos that you get from seeing the same people multiple times. I think I'm due the pinwheel the next time I see the one guy.

I get the same people day after day too. I'm not upset though. Meeting the same person 5 times makes for really strong warriors in Find Mii & Find Mii II. lol

Ras

Yes! I finally finished Find Mii because of that (and I'm now eyeing the paid content). I also am getting presents in Animal Crossing because of it. I went to the same Home Depot hoping this would be the day I got the pinwheel, but the guy either fell out of the system or wasn't there today (if he is sometimes physically there). Now, I'm hoping I'll run into him again soon.

Also, side note, I finally finished a couple of panels. I assumed they'd just be 3D versions of the panels. I didn't expect animations and rotations. They're a lot neater than I expected.

Ras

Klimbatize

The animation in the more recent panels is even more elaborate than the earlier ones.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

Ras

I'm 10 away from finishing the Animal Crossing one. The first one I finished was the Pikmin one, which I now realize was shown off at the first E3 where the 3DS was revealed. I can't wait to see some of the newer ones, but I've got a ways to go.

Ras

Mk_II

yeah, the more recent panel animations are amazing... just completed the Mario Kart panel last week and was impressed by what they managed to achieve

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

GuSolarFlare

@Swiket" rel="nofollow">@Swiket wrote:

I don't even know what a Streetpass relay is. How do I know if one of my Miis was from the relay?

streetpass relay allows people to streetpass other people who also entered in the range of a Nintendo Zone previously, there's no way that I know of to tell the difference between it and normal streetpass

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Xyphon22

I finally tried Home Depot today. Didn't get anything outside, but I had stuff to look at inside anyway. Didn't get any hits until I opened up the Streetpass Plaza and that pushed them in. I got 2. After walking around a bit more I noticed it was green again, and I had 2 more. Then when I got back to the car it was green again with 1 more. So I got 5 total at three different times. Crazy Home Depot.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

ramstrong

bezerker99 wrote:

Walked into McDonald's again today. Got zero street pass hits. Again.

Maybe you should complain. I usually get 4 streetpasses from McDonald. Last time I went, My 3DS got 7 hits. My 3DSXL, which I carried in my other pocket, got 10 hits! I don't know why there's a difference.

I've been changing my region every couple of days, as to try to complete the whole nation.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Ras

Sorry to keep responding, but I had an odd one today. I keep getting this one guy at Home Depot, and because of that, I've gotten a couple of balloons from him in Animal Crossing. I'm due a pinwheel next time, and I'm hoping for a bubble wand two after that. But, I streetpassed him today, he was in my plaza, but not in the HH Showcase? Very disappointing. He's now up to Level 9 in Find Mii, but I've only gotten him three times in the HHS.

On another note, I went ahead and bought the four newer games since I'm using streetpass now. I like Mii Force the best.

Ras

Spoony_Tech

@Ras Mii Force was my favorite at first but all the others get better and deep! I'm up to the 11 floor now on Monster Manor and its addicting. Even Flower town gets interesting! The Mii your getting is probably an employee but level 7 is max in Find Mii. Couldn't tell you why you're not getting more AC passes from him though. Maybe he's turning SP off for it. I've had to turn about 6 street passes of since the limit is 12. I've offically now turned off all my Mario game SP!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

they should increase(or remove entirely) the limit for Streetpass titles... though I've just noticed I have only 7 so this does not affect me yet....

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

SMEXIZELDAMAN

I get a lot at the local university :3

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

bezerker99

ramstrong wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

Walked into McDonald's again today. Got zero street pass hits. Again.

Maybe you should complain. I usually get 4 streetpasses from McDonald. Last time I went, My 3DS got 7 hits. My 3DSXL, which I carried in my other pocket, got 10 hits! I don't know why there's a difference.

I've been changing my region every couple of days, as to try to complete the whole nation.

I've thought about inquiring to the McDonald's team about this but....they have a hard enough time getting my food order right, much less figure out if their wifi is working properly. Where I live, it would be a miracle if they even know what a Street Pass hit was.

bezerker99

Also, I went into McDonald's yesterday and got no street passes.

Today is Saturday and my day off. I'm heading to The Home Depot since my city sux otherwise for street pass hits.

Happy Weekend, gang!!

EDIT: Walked out of Home Depot today. Got 7 new Mii's.
Also, I had to disable the Street Pass functionality on my 3DS Sound. Ever since Nintendo implemented these Relay Stations, I've gotten an inordinate amount of street pass hits from this app. Which I don't understand the point of SP hits with that.......

Edited on by bezerker99

Ras

Spoony, yeah, it said I've met him 9 times, but I do remember he was level 7 in the game. I guess he turned off home sharing in AC at the precise wrong time.

I liked the others okay, but they'll have to grow on me. I totally screwed up my first battle in the Warriors Way. The assistant in the ghost one is adorable.

Ras

JoeBloggs

I received 35 Street s hits from two different Home Depots yesterdayon my other 2 3DS is I received 20 something

Friend code 1032 1256 9732

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.