Forums

Topic: Steel Diver: Gameplay overview

Posts 41 to 43 of 43

RonF

Wizzrobe wrote:

Is this one of these games that will be forgotten, and then considered a classic the next decade?

I don't believe it will ever be considered a classic. Still, I would like to see a Steel Divers stage in the next Smash Bros.

RonF

kkslider5552000

Wizzrobe wrote:

Is this one of these games that will be forgotten, and then considered a classic the next decade?

this logic hasn't been true for anything post-SNES, otherwise Mischief Makers would be a huge cult classic if there was any justice in the world.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

lonlon-milker

Steel diver is my favorite non port non mario 3ds game. I know that a lot of people hate it but I found the sounds, the music, and the sweating palms that you got when yo faced the evil nation's giant sub amazing. I always made back stories up about how I was one of the crew and that every time I got a game over me and the captain were the only survivors and after that I wouldn't use the sub until a mission or two later because the ship had to be repaired. I also loved how it blended all those other submarine game ideas together like hunt for red October and radar mission and perfected them. One of the huge selling points for me though was the periscope strike mode were you hunted those numbskulls who dropped mines down on you ( betcha those guys are the mice from smb2). My favorite level of the game however was the ancient ruins level. The way that the level got darker and more intense when you got to the bottom was awesome and when I first saw the un identified creature and the skeleton submarines lying around the cave was awesome. Unfortunately the boss was pretty easy but the bosses in twilight princess were a piece of cake two and it was still fun when you fought them. It would have been fun to see some dangerous sharks that could munch your sub but oh we'll. And now finally getting to the true part of the topic I found that the overview of the game was cool and tha nintendo should do this sort of thing again. I could imagine a steel diver 2 for the wii u and some more levels added on the 3ds via the Eshop. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go dive with the whales in the second last level.

HadukroPUNCH= awesome battle cry

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.