Topic: Star Fox 64 3D impressions

Posts 101 to 114 of 114

JGMR

I'm getting this today.

With kind regards,

JGMR

BulbasaurusRex

Stereoman wrote:

didnt expect this game beeing so damn short ! But never the less enjoyable.
So anyone got tips about getting high hit counts ? I play the 3Ds mode with gyro controls and in most levels i manage to get only very low hit counts with about between 60 - 100 hits. Crazyness to see that meteo for example needs 300 for gold medal.
Or is it much more easy to get hits in N64 mode ?!
oO
And i got some problems with the star wolf team on fichina. Any tips about killing those in time BEFORE the bomb detonates ?
Wouldnt have thought that game beeing so challenging hehe

Even if you don't use gyro controls, 3DS mode has the easier difficulty. You may want to try 3DS mode with button controls to see if you can do any better.

Some general hints: Don't be afraid to use your homing laser a lot. You even get extra hits if you use it to wipe out a clustered enemy formation. If you're in a level like Katina with friendly NPCs (apart from Falco, Peppy, and Slippy), just shoot everything that moves that doesn't have an F, P, or S indicator. Despite the court martial you'd receive in real life, there's no penalty whatsoever for shooting down friendly ships outside of your own squad. Even some passive objects like asteroids on Meteo will count towards your hits if you shoot them. Don't forget about the ability to replay levels you've already beaten as often as desired in Score Attack mode. I think a silver medal in Score Attack will carry over to a story mode medal, but I'm not sure.

As for Fichina, skip the Star Wolf cutscene to get time to get the jump on them as they enter the battle. Follow your teammates' on-screen indicators, and you'll usually find them being followed by a Star Wolf member. When Wolf is shooting at you from behind, do a somersault to confuse him and leave him open for blasting. Don't use homing lasers or smart bombs against them, as they are skilled enough to escape from homing weapons.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

Aviator

@stereoman If you want medals you need to hit everything with a charged shot. Aim for the middle of formations to wipe out everything. Meteo is possible, but pretty much everything needs to get shot. Also, you get 11 from the boss so you just need to be 11 off by the time you reach a boss to get the medal.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

JGMR

A near-perfect game due to the finishing touches applied to an already excellent classic. Also glad being rid of that awful name (Lylat Wars). 9.6/10

With kind regards,

JGMR

HandheldGuru97

I still play this game, trying out all the different routes is going to take me a while.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

HandheldGuru97

@WaveBoy
It is decent, if you come from playing one the stronger 3D titles on the 3DS (like Pilotwings or OOT) it is going to look at little shallow.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

Prons

The game has great graphics (look up SF64 on youtube to see a comparison) and brings back great memories. Although it felt a lot longer and harder when I was younger. That's what she said.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 2277-7344-8294 DISCO STU
Games: Mario Kart 7, SFIV 3D, Mario 3D Land, Star Fox 64 3D (in the mail), Pushmo, Mighty Switch Force, The Lost Town

KryptoniteKrunch

I'm looking to pick this up soon. I have it on 64 but it freezes quite a bit(especially on Venom) and I can't pass up those beautiful graphics. I never cared about the short length; the levels(and the different paths) plus the character's dialogue always made me go back for more.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

WesFX

@WaveBoy

Though I've heard people with quite the opposite opinion, to me, it has the worst 3D in terms of depth out of the games I own. That's PilotWings Resort, Ghost Recon Shadow Wars, Super Monkey Ball 3D, Dream Trigger 3D, Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions (well, one of the games doesn't display 3D at all....), StarFox 64 3D, Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D, Super Mario 3D Land, and Sonic Generations.

I've also heard complaints about The Mercenaries 3D not having deep 3D, and maybe that's fair, but it still seems deeper than StarFox to me.

WesFX

SarcasticWisdom

Loved IT! Sure it didnt have WiFi (A'hem.) Not a great 1st Game tho in my opinion

Formally known as EvilCookie
3DS FC: 5069-4209-9709
Dream Suite: 5700-2151-8534
SarcasticLoggery

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4209-9709

Ducutzu

"I could care less about Replay value, i like to finish a game and that's that, no matter how short it is. "

I've seen this part a few times now, and I burst into laughing every time.

Ducutzu

BulbasaurusRex

WaveBoy wrote:

I've put in around 2 hours so far and I still couldn't finish the game. Forget about getting severely whooped by that massive ugly freakazoid monkey aka Andros, the game itself has a bit of a tricky learning curve and I found tha tit took a while to get used to...Which i did towards the very end.
I'm one of the few who missed out on the N64 original aside from playing maybe 10 minutes of it during the time so the experience for me is 100% funky fresh all around. I'm much more fonder of the SNES original if anything.

If you just want to beat the game before you work on perfecting your skills, make sure you play 3DS Mode with Circle Pad steering, and make sure you don't take the hard route to Venom.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

Aviator

3DS mode is easier I believe, 64 is the original challenge of the game.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.