Forums

Topic: Spotpass sleep mode problem

Posts 1 to 11 of 11

AG_Systems

Hi there

Just wondering if anyone else has this issue and could shed any light on it! Basically I've got a Netgear DG834G router that my 3DS is connected to and works fine for the browser. However I've just realised that I've never had any spotpass notifications/updates when I put the 3DS into sleep mode. There just isn't any activity from the light on the router.

I hope this hasn't been covered extensively so apologies if so but I'd appreciate any suggestions!

Cheers!

AG_Systems

theblackdragon

You did make sure to enable SpotPass notifications in the 3DS settings, yes? I'm pretty sure you can toggle those on or off.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

AG_Systems

I've said "yes" to automatic downloads in the spotpass section on internet settings. Don't know what else I could be doing!

It's weird. Whilst looking into the router admin webpage my 3DS is seen when it's open, but vanishes when closed and in sleep mode.

AG_Systems

Joeynator3000

You know what's odd? I get them...yet, it's RARE...so, I've no clue what's going on with mine.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

AG_Systems

Case in point is the Nintendo Video app. Did anybody get the icon appearing on their home menu whilst in sleep mode? I didn't and my console was in sleep mode when the application appeared on the eshop.

I'm hoping I can adjust a setting on my router but as I've said it works fine on a connection test and the Wii too so......

AG_Systems

Birdman

Are you using any game(s) with heavy SpotPass usage? You could not be receiving any SpotPasses because there aren't any SpotPasses to be received. That's just my thought anyway.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Nintendo6400

Its been like 5 days since I got a new pokemon in the pokedex 3D. I thought that was suppose to eventually happen, I assumed.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

cnm_nintendo

AG_Systems wrote:

Hi there

Just wondering if anyone else has this issue and could shed any light on it! Basically I've got a Netgear DG834G router that my 3DS is connected to and works fine for the browser. However I've just realised that I've never had any spotpass notifications/updates when I put the 3DS into sleep mode. There just isn't any activity from the light on the router.

I hope this hasn't been covered extensively so apologies if so but I'd appreciate any suggestions!

Cheers!

I've had a similar observation with my situation but rest assured I think there's no problem, first of all have you got any games that support SpotPass? For example you could start with Pokedex 3D from the eShop, but when you receive your SpotPassed Pokemon the notification LED doesn't actually light up, but that's normal o-o With my 3DS I also kinda noticed for a while that I haven't been receiving SpotPass content and my router doesn't seem to be picking up my 3DS during sleep mode, but it does work don't worry. The latest SpotPass notification I got was from the eShop telling me about Nintendo Video, (Notification LED was lit) and I got that while I was sleeping when it was in the cradle.

What I think happens to the 3DS when it goes into sleep mode is firstly, look for StreetPasses, then after a while it will check for any available internet connections and when available, receive SpotPass notifications/content then go back to StreetPass mode. This is how I think the 3DS works in Sleep Mode. Hope my situation reassured you a little... (Perhaps I rambled on a bit..o-o)

osu! User Profile
MyAnimeList!

3DS Friend Code: 2707-1623-9659

Terave

Yes, I see. I think the same as the person above me.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

AG_Systems

I've had a similar observation with my situation but rest assured I think there's no problem, first of all have you got any games that support SpotPass? For example you could start with Pokedex 3D from the eShop, but when you receive your SpotPassed Pokemon the notification LED doesn't actually light up, but that's normal o-o With my 3DS I also kinda noticed for a while that I haven't been receiving SpotPass content and my router doesn't seem to be picking up my 3DS during sleep mode, but it does work don't worry. The latest SpotPass notification I got was from the eShop telling me about Nintendo Video, (Notification LED was lit) and I got that while I was sleeping when it was in the cradle.

What I think happens to the 3DS when it goes into sleep mode is firstly, look for StreetPasses, then after a while it will check for any available internet connections and when available, receive SpotPass notifications/content then go back to StreetPass mode. This is how I think the 3DS works in Sleep Mode. Hope my situation reassured you a little... (Perhaps I rambled on a bit..o-o)

Thanks for the reply. I've downloaded the Pokedex app and I'll keep an eye on that. I never got the notification for the new video app even though it was on the eshop at the time! Makes me think there's still something up but maybe patience is required!

AG_Systems

Nintendo6400

It still isn't working after a week, I would like to see more pokemon in 3D. 7_7

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.