3DS Forum

Topic: Space on home menu

Showing 1 to 17 of 17

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chiptek

1. Posted:

Does anyone know what happens when all spaces on the home menu are filled up?
I download a lot of stuff from the eshop and won't have enough space for the 20 free games we'll be getting.
So will I have to delete some other stuff (despite having enough space left on the SD card) or will more space come available?

Edited on by Chiptek

Chiptek

AuthorMessage
Avatar

19Robb92

2. Posted:

I'm actually curios on that too. Maybe we'll get a patch that makes the SD card a save option like on the Wii or they might just add more squares in the menu.

I doubt it'll expand once you've reached the limit, but who knows..

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kholdstare

3. Posted:

There are 60 spaces on the 3DS home menu. When those spaces fill up, teh number of spaces doubles to 120.

☆FRIEND CODES☆

PSN ID: Kholdstare77

3DS
1289 8322 9889

AuthorMessage
Avatar

19Robb92

4. Posted:

Kholdstare wrote:

There are 60 spaces on the 3DS home menu. When those spaces fill up, teh number of spaces doubles to 120.

Oh, really? That's a nice touch.

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Apollo

5. Posted:

LOL, what else would you expect. It would be a major design flaw if they would limit you to having 60 item in your home menu.

Apollo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RoyalBlur

6. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

I'm actually curios on that too. Maybe we'll get a patch that makes the SD card a save option like on the Wii or they might just add more squares in the menu.

I doubt it'll expand once you've reached the limit, but who knows..

I'm hoping for a patch for the SD Card saves too!

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage
Avatar

19Robb92

7. Posted:

Apollo wrote:

LOL, what else would you expect. It would be a major design flaw if they would limit you to having 60 item in your home menu.

Wasn't that the case with the Wii though?

TokyoRed wrote:

I'm hoping for a patch for the SD Card saves too!

Same here :) Would be a nice add to the menu.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

8. Posted:

... Does it really fill up to 120 after you reach 60?

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bboy2970

9. Posted:

komicturtle92 wrote:

... Does it really fill up to 120 after you reach 60?

Screw 120! I need it to expand infinitely. If my amount of purchases on the Wii and DSi Shop are any indication, I'll be in trouble with just 120 spots in a couple years! Plus with those 20 free games the space will go even quicker...

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Raylax

10. Posted:

TokyoRed wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

I'm actually curios on that too. Maybe we'll get a patch that makes the SD card a save option like on the Wii or they might just add more squares in the menu.

I doubt it'll expand once you've reached the limit, but who knows..

I'm hoping for a patch for the SD Card saves too!

?
3DSWare is already saved to (and runs from) the SD card rather than the system memory. Or do you mean DSiWare?

@bboy: I think it would be safe to assume that at 120 it'll double again.

Edited on by Raylax

ACNF: Visit Somni! DC: 7000 3442 7110
theblackdragon: ahaha perfect response to that thread, raylax
theblackdragon: eff your other responses, though
theblackdragon: all of them
theblackdragon: in the entire history of ever >:[
theblackdragon: they've all sucked

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bboy2970

11. Posted:

SuperSushiLax wrote:

TokyoRed wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

I'm actually curios on that too. Maybe we'll get a patch that makes the SD card a save option like on the Wii or they might just add more squares in the menu.

I doubt it'll expand once you've reached the limit, but who knows..

I'm hoping for a patch for the SD Card saves too!

?
3DSWare is already saved to (and runs from) the SD card rather than the system memory. Or do you mean DSiWare?

@bboy: I think it would be safe to assume that at 120 it'll double again.

I certainly hope so. Oh and while I'm here, I'll just throw this out there: I want DSiWare playable off SD card dammit!!! This is one thing that absolutely SHOULD have been there from the eShop launch! I was shocked to find they still have to be on system memory. FIX IT NINTENDO!!!!!!!

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

12. Posted:

Kholdstare wrote:

There are 60 spaces on the 3DS home menu. When those spaces fill up, teh number of spaces doubles to 120.

Did you find out the hard way (i.e. have it happen to you)?

If spaces don't double I'm in trouble since after the 21 free games (Four Swords DSiWare, anyone?), I'll have three spots left on my home menu.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

13. Posted:

DSiWare can only be saved to the system memory because that's how they were programmed on DSi (sadly).

But yes- I'm hoping the patch will allow me to stream my games from an SD card (planning on having a hefty 32GB and even 64GB to keep all of my games on that).

It'd be so freaking perfect.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Birdman

14. Posted:

I'm switching my position to be against "I want SD card streaming for my DSiWare games!" I currently own about 80 DSiWare titles, but if the limit is (stupidly) left at 120 slots and I can't separately save save data on my eShop purchases, having those 80 games would just clutter up my screen. I've never felt the desire to play a large amount of DSiWare at once, at least more than the amount that the System Memory can hold. Hopefully, the space amounts will increase with more purchases. If not Nintendo is pretty darn dumb.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Azooooz

15. Posted:

I think it depends on the SD memory card.

Pain is weakness, leaving the body.

But

Wii Fit U a day keeps you healthy and strong for days.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hardy83

16. Posted:

Saving and running DSIWare from the SD card is a must we all know won't happen.
Nintendo fixed the issue with 3DS Ware but was too lazy to fix it.

Hardy83

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Apollo

17. Posted:

Wow, didn't know this issue existed. I had a really old DS that didn't support the eshop. The 3DS is my first experience with a Nintendo marketplace. I'm going to keep this in mind with future purchases. The NES and GBA releases will be run from the SD card in my opinion. Has anyone heard otherwise?

Apollo