Forums

Topic: So who here actually plays Ace Attorney games?

Posts 1 to 8 of 8

KneehighPark

I'm a huge fan of the series, but oddly enough, I know a lot of people who say they like this series, but don't really play the games (they watch Let's Plays on YouTube, or something along those lines).

So, have you played any of the games in the series? Do you like them? Do you own any of the games?

To get the ball rolling...

I own all 5 games, and I love them all. The music, characters, story, all blend together wonderfully. I'm also working on getting sealed copies of each game. Wish me luck, I'll need it.

Add me on any accounts you want! Make sure to message/tweet me so I add you back!

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3876-7954 | Twitter:

moomoo

I played the original through Wiiware and played the Edgeworth one on DS. I found both to be decent, but not amazing by any means. I felt like the nature of a lot of the conversations was repetitive, like in how when you pointed out glaring holes people asked were all like "what?! How could this be?!" for a bit. I personally found it a bit annoying.

999 definitely sweeps them as far as text adventures go (at least in my opinion).

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

KneehighPark

moomoo wrote:

I played the original through Wiiware and played the Edgeworth one on DS. I found both to be decent, but not amazing by any means. I felt like the nature of a lot of the conversations was repetitive, like in how when you pointed out glaring holes people asked were all like "what?! How could this be?!" for a bit. I personally found it a bit annoying.

999 definitely sweeps them as far as text adventures go (at least in my opinion).

I know what you mean. I think it just comes down to preference. I love the Ace Attorney series, but that's because it balances the humor and tension. It's also part puzzle, part adventure, part visual novel, so it's right up my alley.

I also really like 999, and it's in my top DS games of all time (along with the Ace Attorney series, Ghost Trick, Hotel Dusk series, Advance Wars, the list goes on). While I thought it was a bit repetitive to play the game over and over for endings (I don't play many games with alternate endings. Not by design, but they mostly show up in JRPGs, which I'm not well versed in), and while I thought the method of obtaining the endings was really random at times, the story more than made up for it. The True Ending left me speechless for a bit. Just downloaded Ever 17: Out of Infinity (different visual novel game on PC, same writer as 999) so I'm stoked to try that out as well.

Add me on any accounts you want! Make sure to message/tweet me so I add you back!

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3876-7954 | Twitter:

FonistofCruxis

I've played the first one and loved it, one of my favourite games on DS and I agree with you on the music, characters and story. I'll definitely get the rest at some point. Also, I know what you mean about the people that like the series but don't play the games. I have a friend who says that its a great series but just watches LPs of them on youtube.

ThePirateCaptain

Well I just ordered the first game on DS so it should be here this week. I'm looking forward to it so we'll see where it goes from here.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

RR529

I've played the Edgeworth one on the DS & really enjoyed it. I never played a text adventure/point & click game before, so it was quite refreshing.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

noname001

I like them, but somehow never really want to buy any of them...

Edited on by noname001

noname001

theblackdragon

We actually have our long-running Ace Attorney series thread here if you guys would like to revive it. Quite a few of us have actually played and enjoyed the AA games. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.