3DS Forum

Topic: So, who else is fed up with error messages, but keeps trying anyway?

Showing 1 to 13 of 13

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Teh-Ray

1. Posted:

Seriously, it's like my fiftieth time trying to download Excitebike! I guess I'm just too stubborn, but I'm just wondering if anyone else is persevering as well after their fifth error message?

Teh-Ray

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JeanLuc_Vaycard

2. Posted:

So who else is fed up with the constant topics about error messages yet keeps posting them anyway?

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

AuthorMessage
Avatar

iphys

3. Posted:

I was just on the shop recently and didn't get any errors when I downloaded the Pokedex, so I assumed they had done their maintenance. I'm wondering if they took down videos to temporarily improve performance though, because I couldn't find the OoT one that people had been talking about, and I only came across one video (a dreadful one for Tetris Party Live) out of all the dozens of games I looked at on the eShop. I thought they had said they had recently done trailers for all DSiWare games to put on the eShop, but either they aren't there yet or they took them down after getting inundated.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Teh-Ray

4. Posted:

Kainard wrote:

So who else is fed up with the constant topics about error messages yet keeps posting them anyway?

Oh, no, this isn't about the error messages themselves, but rather, about not trusting your better judgement by keeping at it anyway! I'm just wondering if anyone else is doing that as well.

Teh-Ray

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sherlock

5. Posted:

anyone else still getting error message while trying to download videos? because it's still happening to me :(

3DS FC: 4940-5445-6226

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5445-6226 | Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

6. Posted:

if you're getting errors while downloading, it's more likely your wi-fi connection than it is anything on Nintendo's part.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kit

7. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

if you're getting errors while downloading, it's more likely your wi-fi connection than it is anything on Nintendo's part.

Quite true. Have you tried changing the broadcast channel of your WiFi router? Other electrical devices can seriously interfere with the signal (especially things like cordless phones, microwaves, other WiFi routers, etc). Changing the broadcast channel can improve your wireless signal and prevent drop-outs. It might be worth a try if you're having problems holding a connection on your 3DS. ;)

Pokémon White = 4298-2942-9694
Pokémon White 2 = 5158 1642 1213

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2500-0959

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sherlock

8. Posted:

KitBliss wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

if you're getting errors while downloading, it's more likely your wi-fi connection than it is anything on Nintendo's part.

Quite true. Have you tried changing the broadcast channel of your WiFi router? Other electrical devices can seriously interfere with the signal (especially things like cordless phones, microwaves, other WiFi routers, etc). Changing the broadcast channel can improve your wireless signal and prevent drop-outs. It might be worth a try if you're having problems holding a connection on your 3DS. ;)

i have no idea how to change my broadcast channel :(

3DS FC: 4940-5445-6226

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5445-6226 | Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kit

9. Posted:

Well I don't know what specific model router you have but... if you type the IP address of your router into a web browser and login (with the username/password) to the router's settings... in there under 'wireless' you can change the channel it broadcasts on. It's worth a try. Failing that try turning off any other electrical devices in the surrounding area which might interfere with the signal. GL

Pokémon White = 4298-2942-9694
Pokémon White 2 = 5158 1642 1213

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2500-0959

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sherlock

10. Posted:

i give up i'm just going to get rid of the 3ds all together

3DS FC: 4940-5445-6226

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5445-6226 | Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordChimpington

11. Posted:

@sherlock Not trying to sound rude or anything but why would you get rid of your 3ds just because of error messages?

LordChimpington

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sherlock

12. Posted:

TheGameMonkey28 wrote:

@sherlock Not trying to sound rude or anything but why would you get rid of your 3ds just because of error messages?

i have been trying to fix this problem for days now nothing works, i'm not really going to get rid of my 3ds i'm just a little irritated at the moment

Edited on by Sherlock

3DS FC: 4940-5445-6226

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5445-6226 | Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordChimpington

13. Posted:

@sherlock oh ok hope everything works out. If you can't figure it out try contacting nintendo maybe they know something.

LordChimpington