3DS Forum

Topic: So, it appears that the 3DS XL CPP is finally available in the U.S.

Showing 1 to 14 of 14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ralizah

1. Posted:

http://techcrunch.com/2013/04/18/nintendos-20-circle-pad-pro-...

http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDi...

$20 + shipping.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

2. Posted:

Yeah NL broke that news yesterday. Glad to here that its finally coming out. Not sure I am going to get one though, the only reason I would now is for MHU but since they added off tv play and the gamepad has two sticks.......

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ralizah

3. Posted:

Somehow I missed that.

My issue is that all the games that are really improved by it play better on other consoles. If I'm going to play a portable MGS3, I'm going to do it on the Vita. And MH3U... the 3DS version just seems like an inferior complement to the home console version.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bezerker99

4. Posted:

There's nothing really inferior about MH3U on the 3DS.

"Everybody gets old, but not everybody gets great!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
My name in a video game.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ralizah

5. Posted:

bezerker99 wrote:

There's nothing really inferior about MH3U on the 3DS.

Inferior controls and lack of online multiplayer both really hurt it. From what I hear, Monster Hunter games are best played with other people. You just can't solo the game with certain classes, apparently.

Those have been my two sticking points on this. The controls-- sans CPP XL, at least-- are no fun, and I don't really want to buy a game that is primarily multiplayer oriented when I can't play it with other people.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

6. Posted:

I just got this from a friend's brother that was over in Europe recently. I have a total of 5 games that can use it so this is really for me. I am a little bit ticked off though that its just now available since MH has been out for about a month now! I held out on playing monster hunter till I got it because of the under water parts alone!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

7. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

There's nothing really inferior about MH3U on the 3DS.

Inferior controls and lack of online multiplayer both really hurt it. From what I hear, Monster Hunter games are best played with other people. You just can't solo the game with certain classes, apparently.

Those have been my two sticking points on this. The controls-- sans CPP XL, at least-- are no fun, and I don't really want to buy a game that is primarily multiplayer oriented when I can't play it with other people.

Controls on land didn't really bother me in the least bit. Under water is a different story all together. I got to my lagi urgent and didn't want to do it till I got the cpp! The monsters under water up to this point haven't been to hard under water but its about to get worse for sure!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ralizah

8. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

There's nothing really inferior about MH3U on the 3DS.

Inferior controls and lack of online multiplayer both really hurt it. From what I hear, Monster Hunter games are best played with other people. You just can't solo the game with certain classes, apparently.

Those have been my two sticking points on this. The controls-- sans CPP XL, at least-- are no fun, and I don't really want to buy a game that is primarily multiplayer oriented when I can't play it with other people.

Controls on land didn't really bother me in the least bit. Under water is a different story all together. I got to my lagi urgent and didn't want to do it till I got the cpp! The monsters under water up to this point haven't been to hard under water but its about to get worse for sure!

I might get MH3U on 3DS if I end up getting the CPP. Nintendo's amazing release schedule this year is making it difficult for me to put money aside for any other machines.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SkywardLink98

9. Posted:

@Ralizah from the demo I thought the controls were pretty good, just required a little getting used to. Monster Hunter is also still fun by yourself, but the lack of online multiplayer was disappointing. After playing Tri I may still pick it up even without anyone to play with.

There are no stupid questions, except for the ones that are.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

10. Posted:

I wish the 3ds version was patchable to include online. I understand why Japan doesn't really need it. With that and 3d it would almost make it the definitive version imo. MH4 better have online.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bezerker99

11. Posted:

I'm 60+ hours into MH3U and haven't Quest Failed yet and I don't own that horrid looking CPP. The controls are just fine w/o it.

"Everybody gets old, but not everybody gets great!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
My name in a video game.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SkywardLink98

12. Posted:

@Tech101 I thought the 3DS version is patchable?

There are no stupid questions, except for the ones that are.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

13. Posted:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

@Tech101 I thought the 3DS version is patchable?

It might be but I was talking about an online patch of which I don't think it possible.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SkywardLink98

14. Posted:

Well, if they used the Wii U to trick the 3DS into thinking it's local, I bet they could come up with something. It'd be a big patch though...

There are no stupid questions, except for the ones that are.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332