3DS Forum

Topic: Should NIntendo's next portable system be an HD 3DS?

Showing 121 to 140 of 155

AuthorMessage

Crabbymac

121. Posted:

I think it should look thinner and instead of 3d it should have an hd mode making it look WAY better.

Crabbymac

AuthorMessage

Ras

122. Posted:

I adore the 3D. If people don't like it, at least they can turn it off. But, to me, two and a half years later, it's still the neatest device I have. I can't imagine playing Animal Crossing without 3D, but I know many who do. I like seeing the full depth of that crazy sombrero. I really hope Nintendo is committed to 3D in the future.

Pangola: Bree, Deirdre, Gala, Hugh, Jitters, Kabuki, Mott, Pompom, Sterling, Rocket
Mirage: Antonio, Clay, Fauna, Flora, Harry, Hippeaux, Mallary

Dream address: 4200-2381-2210 (Pangola)
Dream address: (Mirage/Coming)
FC: 4124-5006-8926 (Main)
FC: 5129-1688-5267 (Secondary)

AuthorMessage

Artwark

123. Posted:

Yeah it could be cool if Nintendo could make a handheld that doesn't replace the 3DS screens.

I don't want their handheld being in one screen but I do want it so it could not only be a handheld but can also be more like a phone just so it could compete against the smartphones.

But seriously guys why are we thinking about this now? The 3DS is just 2 years old and isn't even dead yet. Besides, I doubt if Nintendo will even put the 3D effect on in their next handheld.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage

Maxie93

124. Posted:

It would be cool if the next handheld had an HD 3D screen, where the parallax barrier effect moved depending on the position of your head (using head tracking) to get rid of the "sweet spot" thing people have to do with the current 3ds. I think making it more accessible would make more people warm to it, also it would be good for backwards compatibility (although not required).
Also two circle pads!

Maxie93

AuthorMessage

Crabbymac

125. Posted:

@Ras Yeah I do like the 3d feature but I caught myself not using it. But with some 3ds games you kinda need it to see some things like star coins. And in some it does jest make it look really awesome. I guess I'd want them to keep the 3d. Jest the sound of hd 3ds sounds like ALOT and might be expensive for a little thing. Maybe they'll make it with just the games you have an option to turn 3d on inside the game settings instead of a little switch or something in the settings.

Crabbymac

AuthorMessage

Beetlejuice

126. Posted:

3D will be off the table next time around, that ship has sailed. 3D TV's aren't a big seller, and there is even less 3D programming today than there was a couple years ago.

The next handheld will have improved graphics, and dual thumb sticks from the start. I wonder if they will keep the clamshell design though, or aim for something sleeker?

Beetlejuice

AuthorMessage

Warruz

127. Posted:

I have only three wishes for the next 3DS besides more power under the hood

1- Better Hinges, i hate how they have this wobbly area
2- Dual circle pads from the get go
3- ROUNDED design rather then a square, can be uncomfortable to control sometimes due to its non ergonomic shape.

Oh and i forgot
A Monster Hunter bundle for the US!

Edited on by Warruz

Check out my Video Game Podcast / Website - Pauseyourgame.com
Series of articles dealing with ways to improve Wii U Marketing - http://pauseyourgame.com/2013/10/what-nintendo-wii-u-need-to-do-part-1/

Twitter: Warruz

AuthorMessage

Crabbymac

128. Posted:

@FutrueAlphaMale Glad too hear that from someone else. I want the graphics improved instead of the 3d because better graphics is far more important than 3d that isn't even needed. I only got the 3ds because of the games I rarely use the 3d switch anymore. If they change the clamshell design I'm going to be MAD i really like the design and I don't want it to go away. The 2ds really stinks because of not having the folding feature thats why I'm not getting one.

Crabbymac

AuthorMessage

Artwark

129. Posted:

@Crabbymac

2DS is for younger audience. Why can't you understand that point?

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage

rockodoodle

130. Posted:

I also think they should partner with Google and allow Android apps to run on the next handheld. And..... should probably be able to be used as a controller for the console after the Wii U......

Crabbymac wrote:

@FutrueAlphaMale Glad too hear that from someone else. I want the graphics improved instead of the 3d because better graphics is far more important than 3d that isn't even needed. I only got the 3ds because of the games I rarely use the 3d switch anymore. If they change the clamshell design I'm going to be MAD i really like the design and I don't want it to go away. The 2ds really stinks because of not having the folding feature thats why I'm not getting one.

rockodoodle

AuthorMessage

Crabbymac

131. Posted:

@Artwark Sir, i understand it is but for some games flipping it is required. Like in one of the legend of zelda games were the emblem needs to be on your map. To do that you must fold your ds system. I jest think it should be foldable due to games like that one. I apologize for saying it stinks if anyone has one.

Crabbymac

AuthorMessage

Crabbymac

132. Posted:

@rockodoodle Wait... like the apps would be on the e-shop? Some apps like cut the rope and doodle jump on on there already. Jest them teaming up is strange because some of the apps on there are a little shady in my opinion. One kept sending me creepy emails so I don't think they'll be teaming up with android. But i really like your idea! I think that the popular apps should be in there own little android shop and you can buy them with google play points.

Crabbymac

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

133. Posted:

@Crabbymac">@Crabbymac wrote:

@Artwark Sir, i understand it is but for some games flipping it is required. Like in one of the legend of zelda games were the emblem needs to be on your map. To do that you must fold your ds system. I jest think it should be foldable due to games like that one. I apologize for saying it stinks if anyone has one.

I thought the "Sleep" switch worked excatly as the hinges making a perfect substitute.
I love my 3DS, but saying people with 2DS are losing much is exagerating a little all they lose are tha hinges(and get a "Sleep" switch instead) and the 3D....

edit it was actually "Sleep" not "Lock" :p

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Crabbymac

134. Posted:

@GuSilverFlame Well, yeah they're not loosing THAT much. But i jest prefer the things they're loosing. And a sleep switch...? Don't think ive heard of that.

Crabbymac

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

135. Posted:

@Crabbymac I know what you mean I really like the 3D feature and the size when it's closed. by the way here's the Sleep switch:
Untitled

my Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Crabbymac

136. Posted:

@GuSilverFlame Thank you! I jest starred down my 3ds looking for it lol!

Crabbymac

AuthorMessage

rockodoodle

137. Posted:

Well, they already have somewhat of a partnership with Maps, right? why not be able to use your device for any type of Android app- not just games. By the time they come up with a new console, components will come down in cost. Most apps don't take much memory at all.

Crabbymac wrote:

@rockodoodle Wait... like the apps would be on the e-shop? Some apps like cut the rope and doodle jump on on there already. Jest them teaming up is strange because some of the apps on there are a little shady in my opinion. One kept sending me creepy emails so I don't think they'll be teaming up with android. But i really like your idea! I think that the popular apps should be in there own little android shop and you can buy them with google play points.

rockodoodle

AuthorMessage

Crabbymac

138. Posted:

@rockadoodle Hey, i guess your right! That would be cool if they did. It would made the future ds so much better!

Crabbymac

AuthorMessage

BlatantlyHeroic

139. Posted:

FutureAlphaMale wrote:

3D will be off the table next time around, that ship has sailed. 3D TV's aren't a big seller, and there is even less 3D programming today than there was a couple years ago.

The next handheld will have improved graphics, and dual thumb sticks from the start. I wonder if they will keep the clamshell design though, or aim for something sleeker?

You are incorrect my friend, Nintendo stated that they will use 3D on their next system as well.

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

140. Posted:

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

FutureAlphaMale wrote:

You are incorrect my friend, Nintendo stated that they will use 3D on their next system as well.

is that true? if so:

YESSSSSSS

my Backloggery