Forums

Topic: Should Nintendo focus on their existing franchises with the 3DS or do something new?

Posts 21 to 33 of 33

LuWiiGi

Guybrush_Threepwood wrote:

Nintendo has already many great franchises of course. But I would love to see a totally new franchise made by Nintendo. It's about time since they focused too much on their existing major franchises in the past years. I think the last videogaming franchise established by Nintendo was Pikmin on the Gamecube (excluding casual games). So I expect to see some brand new Nintendo characters (in 3D of course) next year.

I completely agree.

No animals were harmed in the making of this post.

WarioWare: DIY: FC - 0904 7088 3011
Favourite users: PunnyGuy, StarBoy91, cloudcult10, Xkhaoz, Dragoon, DannyBoy, NintyFan, NintendoPurist, Sadman, Wooperman1, Golgo, GamesX99, turtlelink. The rest of you are cool too, though.

HolyMackerel

lockelocke wrote:

In classic Nintendo fashion, I think we'll see a lot of familiar faces in the initial 3DS lineup. It's a smart move, it ensures interest and buyers. But Nintendo doesn't pump out Metroid or Zelda or Mario games; after the first wave of classic franchises, the 3rd parties will get a nice long turn to take a crack at getting your attention and money.

This is right on the money.

The Saturn failed so hard partly because Sega didn't include their classic well-known franchises in the initial line-up. No Sonic, Phantasy Star, Shining series, Streets of Rage (still a long time coming on this one Sega!), or the plethora of other great 16-bit titles they could have used.

Really, Nintendo knows what to do. And they're investing in new series too, both first and second party, so no worries about stagnation either.

HolyMackerel

Arcanum

Shigi is working on a new character. So that will be a new franchise. right?

Currently playing:
3DS: KI: Uprising
Wii: Xenoblade Chronicles
"Heh, heh... Thanks... You're nice. Umm... Can I ask... a question? Your friends... What kind of... people are they? I wonder... Do these people... think of you...as a friend?"

kevohki

Guybrush_Threepwood wrote:

Nintendo has already many great franchises of course. But I would love to see a totally new franchise made by Nintendo. It's about time since they focused too much on their existing major franchises in the past years. I think the last videogaming franchise established by Nintendo was Pikmin on the Gamecube (excluding casual games). So I expect to see some brand new Nintendo characters (in 3D of course) next year.

I agree. I would like a new franchise to be established on the 3DS.

Chibi-Robo! on the GameCube could be considered the last franchise Nintendo established outside the casual game franchises they started. The game was produced by Miyamoto and developed by a studio close to Nintendo called skip. However, Nintendo "Star Fox'ed" the series by giving us a DS game (Park Patrol) that was decent but not as good as the original GameCube version. I think a second DS game was made only in Japan and a New Play Control Wii version of the original was also made, so far in Japan only. It's a shame because the GCN original was awesome and the series deserves more recognition and credit. I personally would rather have a new console or 3DS Chibi-Robo! instead of Pikmin 3.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

RandomWiiPlayer

Something new, for gamers, not casuals. The last franchise made by Nintendo I enjoyed was Pikmin. The Wii_____ casual stuff is garbage to me. That was their last new franchise, right? Or was it that Disaster game in Europe? Either way, they need something new. And they also need to release it everywhere. The Disaster thing looked pretty fun but wasn't released in NA.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

YoshiSage

Both. Just as long as the new thing is for actual gamers, not casuals.

I'm gone. Good f*cking bye.

StreetRat

I think that they will use Their main franchises for part of it, bring in some old friends (like Pit), And also introduce new characters and franchises. Maybe a Smash Bros. 3D too.

Personally, I would love to see FF7 and an Ice Climbers revival. (even though I have no idea what genre the latter would be)

Still rockin' the GameBoy brick. Yes, I do believe it's portable. It fits in my satchel.

3DS FC: 4596-9583-9911

JadeGirl

Arcanum wrote:

Right, I waiting to see what it is! I've searched the Internet but no rumors or leaks have come across the internet for a new Character from Nintendo, so there really keeping it sealed from people who like to leak great information to all of us!

Love is the Answer!
My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord. Psalm 104:34
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter:

pntjr

I want a new one. Animal Crossing and Pikmin were New on GC. Nintendogs was new on DS. Nothing was really new on Wii. Hopefully we see a good new game series for 3DS. But make them more memorable, like Link or something, not being treated garbage like Olimar. (No Offense Olimar)

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter:

pntjr

JadeGirl wrote:

Arcanum wrote:

Right, I waiting to see what it is! I've searched the Internet but no rumors or leaks have come across the internet for a new Character from Nintendo, so there really keeping it sealed from people who like to leak great information to all of us!

Really? This was posted a year ago, so is he out yet? Who is it?

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.