Forums

Topic: Sending in my 3DS for repair again! Grrr...

Posts 61 to 73 of 73

k8sMum

Geonjaha wrote:

LordJumpMad wrote:

You should get a PSVita
Their unbreakble, and way better then a lame 3DS

Checks name of site
Yea why are you here?

probably to get reactions such as yours.

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

retired_account

Geonjaha wrote:

LordJumpMad wrote:

You should get a PSVita

Checks name of site
Yea why are you here?
Also *They're. If you're going to lie at least get your grammar correct. :3

You missed "unbreakble" and adding periods to the ends of his sentences.
a fail grammar nazi if ever I saw one.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

TeeJay

pixelman wrote:

It's comments like this one that make me wish NL had a Like button.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Odnetnin

pixelman wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

LordJumpMad wrote:

You should get a PSVita

Checks name of site
Yea why are you here?
Also *They're. If you're going to lie at least get your grammar correct. :3

And you didn't notice that he wrote "then" when it should be "than."

YEEEEEAHHHHH

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

LzWinky

LordJumpMad wrote:

You should get a PSVita

What does "unbreakble" mean?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Vincent294

LordTendoboy wrote:

LordJumpMad wrote:

You should get a PSVita

Unbreakable, until you drop it and that glass screen shatters just like an iPod Touch. At least they got rid of that stupid disc drive. No moving parts means nothing internal can break.

Yeah, that probably would happen. Loose hinges? That's just the weight of the top screen. It's the design of the thing itself. Bad shoulder buttons? I had that on my DSi, but I've pounded on my 3DS' L & R buttons without mercy tons of times, and nothing's happened yet. My cousin had to drop his tons of times and get something lodged in the gap where stuff can get in the button itself to have it act funky. And it still works, it just doesn't click. Screen cracking on the Vita? Well, that's probably a possibility. Wii disc read issues? Metroid Prime Trilogy & SSB works fine for me. I have different issues w/ my Wii like USB Band Hero mic causing issues. Sometimes my Wii won't turn on, and I need to unplug and reconnect the power cord from both ends to use it again. Both are rare, but have happened w/ me. I only used licensed accessories too.

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

LordTendoboy

VincentV wrote:

Yeah, that probably would happen. Loose hinges? That's just the weight of the top screen. It's the design of the thing itself. Bad shoulder buttons? I had that on my DSi, but I've pounded on my 3DS' L & R buttons without mercy tons of times, and nothing's happened yet. My cousin had to drop his tons of times and get something lodged in the gap where stuff can get in the button itself to have it act funky. And it still works, it just doesn't click. Screen cracking on the Vita? Well, that's probably a possibility. Wii disc read issues? Metroid Prime Trilogy & SSB works fine for me. I have different issues w/ my Wii like USB Band Hero mic causing issues. Sometimes my Wii won't turn on, and I need to unplug and reconnect the power cord from both ends to use it again. Both are rare, but have happened w/ me. I only used licensed accessories too.

I see your point. But let me say this:

When I say "loose hinge," I mean part of the hinge presses in when I close my 3DS and hold it, making a very faint "mushy" sound.

Also, disc read issues are very common in game systems, but not in DVD players for some reason. I wonder why that is...

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

woodlin37

LordTendoboy wrote:

Birdman13 wrote:

Nintendo will send you fairly explicit instructions on what to do when you send in your 3DS; among those instructions is a notice to remove everything you have with your 3DS (including the SD card and stylus) and to include a sheet of paper with your contact/mailing info, repair order number, problems you want fixed and what you've sent in the package. Based on what happened when I sent my 3DS in, they will only address the problems you list on that sheet, as I had a scratch on my Circle Pad I didn't mention on the sheet and it was there when I got my 3DS back.

I already typed the repair info out, specifically mentioning that I wanted them to replace (or repair) the outer casing and all the buttons, if possible.

Here's what I wrote in my letter:

Reasons for repair:

• The top screen has vertical scratches from when the system is closed, the top screen rubs against the area around the touch screen.
  • The Power button feels "mushy"
  • The Left shoulder button feels slightly loose
  • The D-pad feels loose
  • The 3D Slider feels slightly loose

IMPORTANT!
If possible, I would like all buttons and the outer casing to be replaced.

DO NOT replace any internal components (motherboard, CPU, etc.). I have an SD card that has all my game data on it, and I would like to keep using the same SD card when I get my system back.

EDIT: For some reason, message formatting isn't working. I tried using italics [i] and strikethrough ( -word- ) , but nothing happened to the posted message.

Erm..did you seriously send your 3ds for repair based on those reasons mentioned? you serious? mushy button? slightly loose button? the marks on top screen ok i understand but.......

Edited on by woodlin37

Twitter = @woodlin37G

Twitter:

woodlin37

Lordlz wrote:

LordJumpMad wrote:

You should get a PSVita

What does "unbreakble" mean?

unbreakable? hmmm wonder if it will survive my sledgehammer test

Twitter = @woodlin37G

Twitter:

LordTendoboy

woodlin37 wrote:

Erm..did you seriously send your 3ds for repair based on those reasons mentioned? you serious? mushy button? slightly loose button? the marks on top screen ok i understand but.......

Yes, when I buy something BRAND NEW, I expect it to be in perfect condition with no defects. Loose/mushy buttons, and an unresponsive power button are considered manufacturer's defects. But that's what you get when your products are manufactured in China (Foxxcon).

I seriously think companies need to quit outsourcing to China, it's only causing strife with the workers there and the quality goes down. Build your own plants Sony, Nintendo, Samsung, Panasonic, Toshiba, etc. Hire some workers in your own countries.

Case in point, most American cars are built right here in the US by American workers. Why can't these electronics companies make products in their own countries? They created these products, so they should build a few plants in Japan & South Korea and manufacture the products themselves.

It's just as ridiculous as companies outsourcing their customer service to India, Mexico, the Philippenes, etc.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

Wheels2050

LordTendoboy wrote:

woodlin37 wrote:

Yes, when I buy something BRAND NEW, I expect it to be in perfect condition with no defects. Loose/mushy buttons, and an unresponsive power button are considered manufacturer's defects. But that's what you get when your products are manufactured in China (Foxxcon).

I seriously think companies need to quit outsourcing to China, it's only causing strife with the workers there and the quality goes down. Build your own plants Sony, Nintendo, Samsung, Panasonic, Toshiba, etc. Hire some workers in your own countries.

Case in point, most American cars are built right here in the US by American workers. Why can't these electronics companies make products in their own countries? They created these products, so they should build a few plants in Japan & South Korea and manufacture the products themselves.

It's just as ridiculous as companies outsourcing their customer service to India, Mexico, the Philippenes, etc.

As I've said in another thread, it comes down to money. I'll almost guarantee you that your American cars cost far more than those built in Asian countries.

The fact is that people demand cheap mass-produced consumer items these days. That can't be achieved in countries such as the USA and Australia (where I live) because labour is too expensive. Thus, jobs are driven off-shore to reduce the cost of products in accordance with pressure from the market.

While people often demand that manufacturing jobs are kept on-shore, the reality is that, unless the retail price of the resulting goods is subsidised (e.g. by the government), goods that cost less due to being produced in countries with cheaper labour will sell far better unless the quality of the former is worth the extra cost. The subsidy of products in that way goes against the principle of a free market, which is why you don't often see governments in places such as the USA and Australia do it.

Long story short - unless you can convince the average consumer to pay far more for their electronics, manufacturing will remain in the countries that can supply the cheapest labour.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

theblackdragon

All right, all right, you're sending it in — send it in as many times as you like until they get it right, Tendoboy, but we're getting off track. You've made your decision (twice now), and this thread is over. Good luck to you!

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.