Forums

Topic: Shiny Pokemon Discussion Corner: Share Your Tales!

Posts 181 to 200 of 212

KingMike

I was surprised I've gotten two of my four shinies (well, excluding their evolutions) in a single White 2 game: a Venipede (with Swarm over Poison Point, but you can't be picky about that) and Zubat. I think shiny Whirlipede's colors are pretty cool but shiny Scolipede is kind of ugly.
Got a shiny Rhydon in Platinum and a shiny Gurdurr in Y. (all of them no tricks, pure random wild encounters)
Strange I've gotten Pokerus more often than I've gotten a shiny (even though Pokerus should be much rarer).

KingMike

Sisilly_G

Emerald - None (disappointed as I would have cloned the hell out of one if I did )
LeafGreen - Magneton (in Cerulean Cave while searching for Mewtwo)
Pearl - Shellos (West Sea)
Platinum - None
HeartGold - Rattata (in Tin Tower while searching for Ho-Oh)
Black - Basculin (Red stripe)
White - None
Black 2 - Magnemite (a bit anticlimactic as I already had a Magneton, but now I have a really pretty Magnezone)
White 2 - None
X - Venipede, Pidgey, Gulpin, Druddigon (the first three in a span of just four days; however, they were all post-Shiny Charm)
Alpha Sapphire - Purrloin, Maractus (also post-Shiny Charm; I was breeding every single Pokémon one-by-one with Japanese Ditto in order to have a complete, fresh Pokédex for Pokémon Bank; it took me over 500 Pokémon before I finally got a shiny)

These are all of my wild shinies from memory.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

GoldenGamer88

You know, I was a shiny hunter back in the day when the cloning glitch at XY still worked. Spent afternoons just cloning my shinies and trying to trade them off in the evening. Got quite a lot of legendaries, too. But seeing how I am no longer able to clone them, I most certainly won't trade them away.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Pokefanmum82

i have a shiny mewtwo that i got on wonder trade, the shiny dogs, red gyrados and i think that's it. At 1 point i had a shiny steelix and staravia.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Rafx

I haven't played pokemon in a long while and have recently beat Y. Being on a pokemon high I decided to give Alpha Saphire a go and booted it up.
The fist time I hit the grass I got to see my first shiny pokemon ever. Granted it was a Zigagoon but still.
Checked my bag to catch it and to my horror I hadn't been given any pokeballs.
Thought It was funny and would share with you guys.
Thanks

3DS FC: 3755-0786-2046

Rumorlife

Lol the weird thing is I had that exact same story, only back in Ruby & Sapphire, but I didn't know what a shiny was, so I thought the Roselia just came in many colors, until it didn't reappear. I thought for sure if I just kept looking it would come back in that color. IT ACTUALLY DID. No idea how I got lucky with that one. Not even too long after the original shiny. Never since then have I been able to make 2 shinies appear like that in such a small timeframe, especially not the same Pokemon shiny twice.

Rumorlife

Rafx

@Dankykong
That's pretty funny. I could see my self doing that if I didn't know any better. Of course I wouldn't have the luck to see it agian.

Think that's why I love these games. As simple as they are they seem to take on a life of their own.

For example I brought over a bulbasure and feniken to round out my starter pokemon at lvl 1. Once they got to around 10 or so they refused to listen to me in a battle wich brought down my whole team except for one pokemon wich was down to nothing on hp. Thought for sure I was gonna lose to some random schoolboy trainer when my mon pulled out a critical hit to steal the win. Instead of boxing them, I kept them around till I got a badge. Almost like gaining there respect and training them.

Edited on by Rafx

3DS FC: 3755-0786-2046

Rumorlife

Omg I remember doing that a couple times as well way back with RBY, especially Yellow since I traded something over that wouldn't listen to me to defeat Brock LOL A Weepinbell. It kept ignoring me and it was the last Pkmn and then finally right before it fainted it finally used a grass attack for the win. But then I won a few times more and it listened to me more. It seemed like I gained it's respect a bit haha but I don't think that's real..

Rumorlife

zitpig

I'm not sure if I've ever even seen a Shiny Pokemon, let alone caught one, despite putting many, many hours into most of the games, including Alpha Sapphire.

zitpig

DefHalan

zitpig wrote:

I'm not sure if I've ever even seen a Shiny Pokemon, let alone caught one, despite putting many, many hours into most of the games, including Alpha Sapphire.

I have put over 100 hours into every Pokemon game, except Gen 5, and have only seen 1 Shiny in Pokemon X. I caught that thing, it took every Pokeball I had but I caught it lol. I am always surprised to see people with full shiny teams in tournaments, where they can't use cheated Pokemon. How do you see all those shiny Pokemon???

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Tyranexx

DefHalan wrote:

I have put over 100 hours into every Pokemon game, except Gen 5, and have only seen 1 Shiny in Pokemon X. I caught that thing, it took every Pokeball I had but I caught it lol. I am always surprised to see people with full shiny teams in tournaments, where they can't use cheated Pokemon. How do you see all those shiny Pokemon???

I would assume through a LOT of persistence, though I believe it's now slightly easier to encounter them than in previous generations.

The first legit shiny that I actually caught (we're disregarding shiny Pokemon that the games give you, like the Red Gyarados in GSC and HGSS) was a Gastly in the Old Chateau in Platinum. The funny thing was, I had cleared the game long before I had encountered it and was just taking a stroll there as it was one of my favorite areas in the game. Imagine my excitement when I actually ran into the thing. XD

Needless to say, I caught it with an Ultra Ball and trained it up, but I sort of regret evolving it up to Gengar as the shiny forms of the Gastly line become less striking with each evolution.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Pokefanmum82

i found a shiny onix on victory road once, in Platinum and a Staravia in the same game at the mansion, I lost them though. Right now I have a Shiny Mewtwo that I got over wondertrade lvl 100.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.

Tyranexx

I forgot to mention the first time I ever encountered a shiny Pokemon, back when playing Pokemon Gold.

I was biking through the area between New Bark Town and Cherrygrove City, and stumbled into a wild encounter with a Rattata. Naturally I thought nothing of it until I noticed it looked weird, along with the shiny animation playing on the screen.

Now, this was my first Pokemon game, and I didn't have internet access then, so the concept of shiny Pokemon past the Red Gyarados was foreign to me (I just thought it was a one-of-a-kind thing). I freaked out, thinking the game was glitching out, and ran from the encounter. It was a few years before I realized what I had ran away from. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

TeeJay

I randomly found a shiny Steelix one time in Platinum. But the weird thing was I had finished the game long ago and I had just randomly picked it up for fun, and the VERY FIRST encounter was shiny.

???????

The most recent shiny I found was a shiny Pidgey in Heart Gold, which I'm currently playing again!

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Rumorlife

I've found a shiny almost every game I've played since 3rd gen, minus OR. I never saw one. I'm never trying and I've only ever used one shiny in my team ever because I just wanted the Pkmn, then I found one in shiny form. My Combee that I evolved into Vespiquen in Y version, was a shiny.

Rumorlife

Blue_Blur

I've found two shiny Pokemon, both while surfing. My first one was a Tentacool in SoulSilver. Then a caught a shiny Mantyke in X. Mantyke is a baby Pokemon, meaning 3 IV's of 31! Almost didn't catch it, since I had my Magcargo battling it, and it burned Mantyke. Took a couple turns to catch it, and by then the burn almost made Mantyke faint. Glad I managed to catch it!

Rafx wrote:

I haven't played pokemon in a long while and have recently beat Y. Being on a pokemon high I decided to give Alpha Saphire a go and booted it up.
The fist time I hit the grass I got to see my first shiny pokemon ever. Granted it was a Zigagoon but still.
Checked my bag to catch it and to my horror I hadn't been given any pokeballs.
Thought It was funny and would share with you guys.
Thanks

A friend of mine had the same unfortunate shiny Pokemon experience. He found a shiny Pidgey (I think) during the tutorial, and wasn't given any Pokeballs yet. I felt so bad! That's so unfair! XD

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

roy130390

My first shiny was a hoothoot I got in pokemon crystal.

Now I have almost every legendary pokemon in shiny and many of the other ones I like in the shiny variation like fennekin and ninetales even if I don't use them. I also have my whole competitive team of shiny pokemon :

A charizard Y with dragon pulse.
Protean Greninja
Magic Bounce Espeon
Scizor
Luxray
Hawlucha/Flygon

All of these where the hardest to get because they also have ideal stats, abilities and natures with charizard Y with dragon pulse being the most difficult.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Pokefanmum82

I caught a shiny snubbull the other day. I was so surprised that I had to catch it right away.

Finished the Alola Dex.

Tobiaku

First shiny I met was that uncatchable Poochyena at the start of Emerald. I thought it was a diffrent colour just because it was uncatchable.

First I caught was a Meditite.
Second was the event Pikachu in HG that gives you a Notched ear Pichu.
Third was the Red Gyarados.
Fourth was a Charmander I hatched from a egg.
Fifth was a Torchic I also hatched.
Sixth was a event Raikou.
Seventh was a Floatzel I got in a safarizone/friendzone in Y.
Eight was a Geodude that commited suecide in Y before I caught it -_-
Ninth was a event Beldum.

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

shaneoh

Thread has only been dead for a couple of months, so I don't see an issue with resurrecting it. Plus I want to gush:

I was wandering around Victory Road in X last night, looking for Gravellers and Haunters to use for wonder trades on the GTS (because I'm decent enough not to use level 2 Pidgeys). Had barely started walking in circles when a horde animation shows up. I roll my eyes, great, this isn't what I want. BAM! Right in the middle, the first 'mon to appear on screen, a shiny Geodude. With more care than was really necessary, I used my Tyranitar to whittle down all the other Geodudes around it (whatever I do, don't use earthquake). It was a couple of turns before the other 'mon started using magnitude, damaging each other in the process, but fortunately they knocked out some that had survived my initial attacks due to their sturdy nature. Finally, there are two left, shiny uses magnitude to knock out his brother and I follow up with a Premier Ball. It catches him, no worries. I save... then I save again for good measure.

That's how I caught my third wild shiny. So far it seems that my encounters with wild shiny pokemon are limited to those with a gold variation, Rattata, Poochyena and Geodude. I also managed to get a shiny Clefairy off the GTS, I assume it's hacked or cloned, however I've no proof that's the case, so I'll treat it as if it isn't.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.